bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Challenge For Free Willers  (Read 6279 times)

daywalker

My Challenge For Free Willers
« on: May 21, 2009, 12:53:04 AM »

My newest hub, for those who may be interested...

http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Challenge-for-Free-Willers?

- Daywalker.  8)

rockrdude

Re: My Challenge For Free Willers
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:30:40 AM »

I love what you wrote!

I have found that when I tell people to use their so-called free will to stop sinning, they usually come back with something silly like "God can do anything He wants" (they often don't have even a rudimentary knowledge of the Bible or God to even have a clue as to what God wants to begin with... and these are church people.)

Umm.. if you have 'free will', then how can God do what He wants, if He is bound to your free will?

Technically, if God can do what He wants and His ways are not our ways, and if we have free will that has power even over God's will, then it stands to reason that if we think this way, in our eyes we are right and God is in the wrong. Kinda reminds me of the serpent in the garden whispering some deceptions to Eve about God not meaning what He said ('You shall not surely die' comes to mind).

For sure, I KNOW I don't have a free will. Like I wanted to choose the life I live? My own personal goals in life were quite different from the life I ended up with. There is no way I would ever have chosen this. I simply trust that God's plans for me are better than the ones I had for myself.

Yikes.. and I used to believe I had a free will? Amazing!

meee

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 02:41:49 PM »

My newest hub, for those who may be interested...

http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Challenge-for-Free-Willers?

- Daywalker.  8)
Yes, as you have as your signature: “We are saved in God’s grace, not by our cleverness in choosing to follow and obey God. Grace CAUSES us to obey God. The carnal mind CAUSES men to disobey God. It is that simple.”
—L. Ray Smith
       I bought into this lie too, But now I see it really is just that simple as Ray said.
       Great job of writing this Daywalker.

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »

I love what you wrote!

I have found that when I tell people to use their so-called free will to stop sinning, they usually come back with something silly like "God can do anything He wants" (they often don't have even a rudimentary knowledge of the Bible or God to even have a clue as to what God wants to begin with... and these are church people.)

Umm.. if you have 'free will', then how can God do what He wants, if He is bound to your free will?

Technically, if God can do what He wants and His ways are not our ways, and if we have free will that has power even over God's will, then it stands to reason that if we think this way, in our eyes we are right and God is in the wrong. Kinda reminds me of the serpent in the garden whispering some deceptions to Eve about God not meaning what He said ('You shall not surely die' comes to mind).

For sure, I KNOW I don't have a free will. Like I wanted to choose the life I live? My own personal goals in life were quite different from the life I ended up with. There is no way I would ever have chosen this. I simply trust that God's plans for me are better than the ones I had for myself.

Yikes.. and I used to believe I had a free will? Amazing!

Yep, there's so much Truth in what you stated, it's crazy that not everyone realizes it. It's amazing that WE all used to believe in such nonsense.

I was diagnosed at age 6 with Tourettes Syndrome. I don't recall ever "choosing" or even "asking" for this. Yet, every time that I twitch, I am reminded that my will is FAR from being "free".

Even when I still believed the lie, I continually asked God for His strength so that I could stop twitching. Yet, ironically, if I really had this "free" will, then I wouldn't need God's strength... I could do it all on my own.

Silly humans are we!

- Daywalker.  8)

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »

People, we all, have had "free will" pumped into our minds for so long it really is a stronghold for most. I once told someone, "your enemy is your mind!" Once your mind has been bound up with these teachings for so long it's hard to loose yourself from the bonds. Only God can open our eyes to see this and accept it, but it's great that it can be brought to light! That's what God has done to us through the teachings of Ray Smith!

I am so glad to see these truths being moved along to other venues I had never even heard of a "hub" as pertaining to the internet until "Hell No" came bursting on the scene! I am SO glad you are able to put this info out there Daywalker!! ;D It's exciting! Go, Dude!! ;)
Kathy

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 03:36:55 AM »

Yep, after reading some of the hubs and comments on Hell No's page, I couldn't leave him out there by himself. These Babylonians are vicious, and our frontline has so few soldiers left.

But with God on our side, who can withstand us?

Over & Out,

- Daywalker.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.