bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray Smith..always the same....  (Read 5998 times)

Ninny

Ray Smith..always the same....
« on: May 23, 2009, 08:57:52 PM »

I was reading that post Craig put up from the person who was questioning Ray who he was depending on for healing, God or man? He gave the exact answer that you would expect. In essence he said, "This is the way it is..if you don't like it...so be it" Good ole Ray! He may be sick, but his spirit is healthy! God bless him!
Kathy :) :'(

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Ray Smith..always the same....
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 09:01:41 PM »

hi ninny,
i just finished posting a response to craig's posting of ray's new emails, but i put it under the thread about ray's current condition. how excited my spirit was, and my heart leapt to see that ray is back at it. he is the coolest brother i know.  8).

claudia

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »

I read that email too.  I have a question.  If you use modern day medicine, does that mean you don't have faith in God?

Eileen

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 01:14:31 PM »

I read that email too.  I have a question.  If you use modern day medicine, does that mean you don't have faith in God?

Eileen

Hello Eileen,Found this email to Ray,sums it up nicely.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,848.0.html

Ray,

If God has preordained how long we will live (which I believe). What do you think about operations and medicine to stay alive.

May GOD bless,
                                                    Larry

Dear Larry:
They are all part of "ALL is of God," and have no power whatsoever to add to or take away from God's predetermned number of seconds that one lives. They may be used to extend one's life beyond what he would have lived without medical help, but that help or lack thereof was also predetermined to either be or not be a fact by God before the creation of the world. There is no way to out-think God's Sovereignty.
God be with you,
Ray

Peace...Mark

EKnight

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 01:23:55 PM »

Thanks Mark.  That was my original thought, that "All is of God".

Eileen

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 06:36:57 PM »

What Ray said is what I have always believed...even when fully in Babylon yet.  I run 3 miles a day and supplement heavily and am blessed with very good health and I don't take it for granted.  I'm more appreciative of it witnessing what Ray is undergoing.  Yet all is of God.  There are no guarantee's.  But since I still see through the glass darkly it may just be that the exercise, supplements and watching the diet is the means that God may choose to use to give me a healthier life.  I don't know but he does...and thats sufficent for me.  Taken to the extreme I think we can get into fatalism and just sitting back and not doing anything.  Yet, it might be the very things that you or others are motivated to do that is the end to the means of what God is going to use to bring things to pass in your life.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 10:25:58 PM »

Even though we know God has numbered out days, I'd like my 'days' to be spent in a good quality. All IS of God and I think God just leads us into certain things. No matter how long we live we can have good quality of life.  Maybe, maybe not. Just my thoughts!
Kathy :D

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 10:37:17 PM »

Just a little reminder of what The Scriptures Say to us.

Jdg 10:14 
Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation.

Joh 16:33 
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Rev 2:10 
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Rev 7:14 
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 

george :).

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 01:34:46 AM »

Yes, George. No matter what happens to us we have the assurance that we have the peace of God! Your mind is where the enemy works! Peace has to be there to shield our mind! otherwise...we cry out to the gods we have chosen! Good words! :D
Peace!!
Kathy :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.