bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lazurus  (Read 5540 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Lazurus
« on: May 24, 2009, 12:18:22 PM »

Mr. Smith, I read your post concerning Lazarus and the Rich Man. I was very impressed with the scriptural refferences made. Everything you said made good sense and I have taken the liberty of sending that post to a few friends. I was a little skeptical of your post at first due to the harshness of its delivery. One of my friends simply scanned the material, instead of giving it a thorough read, for the same reason. John McArthur teaches this parable in a more loving manner and I would suggest that in the future you would do the same. You catch more flies with honey...right? I certainly am not trying to offend you brother because your post helped me out exponentially, it's just that I would like to see others come to the truth as well. I just think your tone and verbage is a little course. Please just reflect on that and do with it what you will. God bless you for what your doing sir and I pray for wisdom and discernment in your life.

Thank you,   Tommy Morgan

Dear Tommy:  Thank you for you email and suggestion.  First, I am not trying to catch flies.  Second, it is my "harshness,"  as you refer to it, that has opened thousands of eyes to the truth.  Actually "harsh" has some definitions that are very well suited to my style of writing.    The American Heritage College Dictionay:   "harsh-- 1.  Unpleasant... [the truth is extremely unpleasant to those who despise the Word of God];  2.  Disagreeable...[I and the Scriptures totally disagree with most of the doctrines of Christendom];  3.  Extremely severe or exacting; stern [was not Jesus severe and stern when it came to exposing the evils of the Scribes and Pharisees?];  4.  Unpleasant or uncomfortable [have you not noticed how totally "uncomortable" Jesus made His critics when He exposed their heresy?]."  If you didn't know that the following excerpt was from the very mouth of Jesus Christ, just how "harsh" would you criticize these statements to the highly respected Scribes and Pharisees?

JESUS UPBRAIDS THE CHURCH LEADERS

There are many examples of Jesus upbraiding the Church leaders for their gross sins [selections from Matthew 23]. See if you detect anything that you or your friend might refer to as "harshness":

"But WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… FOR YOU SHUT UP THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN AGAINST MEN…

…THEY BIND HEAVY BURDENS and GRIEVOUS to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but will not move them with ONE OF THEIR FINGERS

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… you DEVOUR WIDOW’S HOUSES… you shall receive the greater damnation.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES…

WOE unto you, ye BLIND GUIDES…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You… have omitted… JUDGMENT, MERCY, and FAITH…

You BLIND GUIDES, which strain out a gnat, and SWALLOW A CAMEL.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… within they are full of EXTORTION AND EXCESS.

You BLIND PHARISEES…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You are FULL OF DEAD MEN’S BONES, and ALL UNCLEANESS… and HYPOCRISY and INIQUITY…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES!… you are the children of them which KILLED the prophets. FILL YOU UP then the measure of your fathers.

You SERPENTS, you GENERATION OF SNAKES… you KILL AND CRUCIFY… you SCOURGE in your synagogues… Behold your house is left unto you DESOLATE"!!

WOW! Every one of these comments from Matt. 23 were spoken directly to the "Religious Scholars and Theologians" in the Church of God centered at the Temple in Jerusalem. Would Jesus speak in the same manner to the Religious Scholars and Theologians in God’s Church today? Does Jesus "change"? NO. Has the Church changed in the past 2000 years? YES. It has gotten WORSE.

Now I assure you that I have never personally referred to the religious hypocrites of our day with all the descriptive words that Jesus used. Yet I am "cursed" and "condemned to hell" (not you Tommmy, but from many others) for merely exposing the heresy of religious leaders and teachers. Positively no one in Christendom would ever sanction such a manner of speech from a minister in their denomination. There isn’t a denomination in all Christendom that would hire Jesus as their pastor if He were to return today. Why they would throw him out the door on His ear before He got ten minutes into His first sermon. Christians are offended that I would even point out these historical facts of Scripture. They really don’t want to believe Jesus spoke as He did, even though it’s all right there in their Bibles. Most of the followers of the Scribes and Pharisees thought them to be virtually perfect, just as the modern Church scholars, teachers, and preachers are thought by their followers to be perfect.

" Please just reflect on that and do with it what you will"

God be with you,

Ray

PS   Maybe show this email to your friend.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.