bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modern christianity, a hate religion?  (Read 6076 times)

jg

Modern christianity, a hate religion?
« on: May 24, 2009, 12:33:10 PM »

I've been hearing in the news lately that the bible and modern christianity is being lableled, or is trying to be labeled as a hate book and a hate religion.  They site the widely accepted christian doctrine of burning in hell forever as terribly cruel. 

And I can't blame them.  (Them being those who are trying to silence christian radio. I wont take time to go into the Fairness Act right now, but if it passes, radio stations will have to allow aposing views equal air time after preaching against,,say.. homosexuality, etc.)

It seems that the hell doctrine is being exposed, not by anyone who has found the truth, but by atheists and the like.  Who woulda thunk it???

Just something to think about. 

Joe

Linny

Re: Modern christianity, a hate religion?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 12:46:51 PM »

I think it isn't just the hell doctrine but they also consider the anti-this and that to be hateful, and let's face it, the Christians are the most pro-war group out there. They also loudly support the death penalty which is controversial as well.

I remember the song we sang as children, "And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love..."
The church machine is out there loud and clear but the world isn't hearing love very often.

musicman

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 03:27:05 PM »

They also site the Old Testament.  It is hard for a blind person to see God as loving when He commands His people to kill everone in a society and plunder their goods.

rockrdude

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 04:50:38 PM »

> when He commands His people to kill everyone in a society and plunder their goods.

But.. how can we store up treasures and love the things of this world unless we do this? ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 05:08:18 PM »

The beast inside and all our beastly nature is what must be killed. That is a Spiritual Command, the blind and carnal will never ever understand this and so to them it is cruelty and hate.

Rom 8:
5  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12  Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

george. :)

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 05:57:12 PM »

Is it any wonder why Jesus wondered if He would find faith on the earth?? It's funny why Christians would claim to live under the new covenant and yet still hold on the old! I used to think that God told Israel to clobber this nation and that nation and so if it was good for God and Israel it was good for me!! Another thing I find strange, when Jesus was instructing the disciples and when Paul and the others taught did they teach to engage in war to bring about peace? I need to study that a little! I even recall when Jesus was teaching about "the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet" did he tell them to take up arms and fight? NO he told them to flee! That would be Matthew 24:15-16 hmmm...I don't think we are told to fight anywhere in the New testament! Jesus said,"...all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." Matt. 26:52 So is this why people have trouble with finding "Christian love"? Something to ponder!

Kathy :-\

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 02:59:12 AM »

i've been reading the categorized list of emails to ray which kat put together, every night after reading all the current forum threads. to read the outright vicious attacks on ray personally and spiritually from Christians, it resonates loud and clear that modern Christianity can indeed put on an exhibition of a hate religion towards anyone who challenges their free will god and all their traditions of men. after reading through all the emails from ray's detractors i have an even bigger respect for ray as he is always able to answer them in spirit and truth.

claudia

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 03:42:49 AM »

For that very reason Ray is hated by so many professing Christians and The blind Guides. Currently they cannot see or hear because GOD Leaves them blind and deaf, so they hit out at anything in hatred when it exposes the lies they believe.

Again there, but for The Grace And Faith Of GOD And our Lord and Sasviour Jesus Christ; there go any or all of us. I put the Scriptures below, lest any of us forget what this testing is designed to do.

Ecc 1:13 (CLV)
I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Ecc 4:8 (CLV)
There was one person, but there was no second; There even was no son or brother for him; Also there was no end to all his toil, Yet his eyes were not satisfied with his riches. Then he said, For whom am I toiling And making my soul lack good? This too is vanity, and it is an experience of evil."

Mat 5: 44-48 (CLV)
44 Yet I am saying to you, Love your enemies, and pray for those who are persecuting you,
45 so that you may become sons of your Father Who is in the heavens, for He causes His sun to rise on the wicked and the good, and makes it rain on the just and the unjust.
46 For if ever you should love those who are loving you, what wages have you? Are not the tribute collectors also doing the same?
47 And if ever you should greet your brothers only, what are you doing that is excessive? Are not those of the nations also doing the same?
48 You, then, shall be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.

george. :)

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 12:37:04 AM »

Years ago when I was a Seventh Day Adventist a friend replied to someone on the editorial page of the newspaper. It was about the Sabbath a lively exchange ensued! I added my 2 cents worth (because I'm so good at doing that!) ;D Well I began to get letters from a Church of Christ preacher! They were some of the ugliest letters I'd ever seen!! Finally my husband told me he wanted me to stop the exchange because he was a little worried for my well being!! ANYWAY! The final letter the guy wrote to me said this: "You are doomed to die in a devil's hell for keeping the Sabbath!" I've told this story before on here, I think, but it is just a reminder of how ugly a Christian's heart can be! At least he didn't tell me I was going to suffer eternally in the devil's hell!! Does the Church of Christ not believe in eternal hell fire or was he just getting carried away? ???
Kathy :-\

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 01:40:03 AM »

Which Church of Christ do you mean, Ninny?  I think there are way more than one, and I'm pretty sure most of them are throwing others into hell fairly regularly. 

Or maybe they are doing like the billboard I saw today said: Heaven or Hell (with suitable cheesy graphics)  YOUR CHOICE!  and leaving it up to us to decide.

Three lies on one billboard.  Aren't there laws about Truth in Advertising?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 11:47:47 AM »

Well, you are right about that JL the brainwashing is stupendously ridiculous! I heard the fair pink haired lady on TBN one time say, "You must learn to speak in your heavenly language."  LEARN?? How? Well you just start with all the lalalala's and stuff and soon you will be speaking in the tongues of angels! HA! I thought angels speak in the language that someone can understand!!??  :P :P

Dave, I have no idea which Church of Christ that was, but I never was in a hurry to find out, either!! ;)
Kathy :D

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 08:59:36 AM »

Hi ....some interesting ?? posed there . . the church of christ never taught specking in . you said tounges . hmmmm.they said it had been done away or fullfilled.. so what has changed over 45  years .they were here then ..in new zealand ..  it was a known language of the day . acts 3    there where about 21 group.s of people there .all had different backgrounds .  & they all heard in thier own language .. what was beening said .  how strange its refered to as like  a non language.   ??  the word christian  of to day is a missnoma in regard to 1500 odd years ago .. the fighting men of the day were the romans so were made if you like christian.s is there any difference to day .how do you see it . the roman  cathics had a 1000 fighting men under the church.s command in the 2 second  ww   not including the dark ages ..they were christians..  oh good.e we can kill any one ..they did ...hmmmmm. that s the thinking . nothing has changed .. thats why in a community i am involved with around the  world  gets a lot of  hatred  because ... ((we are different ..))  & not accepted by the church .or the so called church . .. that was not what jesus talked about . he asked would we accept what he would like us to do ..to accept & love & help those who are different ...is there a name we can & should be called by ....i see some of you came out of other churchs ...  that makes it interesting . when you think all the churchs came from the babalonin one ....rome ...daniel .   youll figger out i.m dislxic so ill say now ...i am not refering to the early ones in act.s
      ...noeleena...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.