bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: my son died  (Read 10608 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: my son died
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 02:46:06 PM »

God be with you.  The comfort of God is so much greater than the world or the churches can know.  How glad we can be to have a God who is working His purpose for all of His creation.  The Lamb of God IS worthy to be praised.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

fox

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »

Hi Lauriellen,

I am so sorry about your son and the fear and worry about him going to hell. Why anyone would presume to
tell you that in your grief I do not know.

"When i found this sight, it was like a ton of bricks being lifted off of my shoulders". This happens to so many
of us when we come to this forum. I could never go back to organized churchianity. There is so much to learn here.
Many of us here passed through the Worldwide Church of God. I was messed up big time for years after I left
that church.

Glad to see you here,
fox

gmik

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 10:46:37 PM »

Hello my dear sister in the Lord.  Reading these wonderful posts has blessed me indeed.    I have had "Jesus bumps" reading all these. But I am truly sorry for your loss.  Perhaps...if you feel led.... Could you pray for my friend?

One year ago sunday, her 15 year old daughter was caught upstairs in a house fire and did not get out.  My friend grieves as tho it happened yesterday.  She has lost her job because of it.  She has had suicidal thoughts.  But..she will NOT let me talk about God/Jesus/death etc...she just doesn't want to hear it.  She is suffering so bad and hurt and guilt and anger...I am at a loss on what to do next.

Perhaps your prayers will help her find/or get dragged to the Lord.

I am so glad the Lord answered your prayers and brought you here. Thank you for sharing your burden w/ us.

your sister,
gena

lauriellen

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 11:18:21 PM »

i will be glad to pray for your friend.  i know from my experience that loosing a child (or any other serious trial i suppose) will either turn you to God, or turn you away from Him.  My son's girlfriend was also killed in the same accident, and her mother is very angry with God.  I have talked with her quite a bit about it, and she just feels like God betrayed her trust in Him.  She just can't understand how a loving God could let this happen if He had the power to stop it. A serious trial will make many people question Gods power or His motives.  I am not saying that i understand that any better than she does, but i just don't feel i have the right to question what God is doing (remember Job!).  i just feel i have to trust Him, even when it doesn't make sense to me. This site has been such a blessing in helping me understand more the true nature of God in general. i have been comforted to know that God knows my pain, as He did not even spare His own son from a horrible, untimely death, even though He easily could have.  i guess my biggest piece of advice to anyone who is sufferring in any trial is to keep focused on the bigger picture of Gods plan, and trust that all of our trials are woven into Gods bigger plan, even though it may not ever be clear to us in this lifetime.
Thank you for replying and i will keep your friend in my prayers.
God bless,
lauri
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.