bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SAVED?  (Read 4763 times)

bible man

SAVED?
« on: May 26, 2009, 11:03:21 AM »

HOW ARE WE REALLY SAVED?   SOME SAY ONE MUST BE BAPTIZED ,REPENT IN JESUS NAME!!  SOME SAY ROM 10:9   CONFESS AND BELIEVE, WHAT DO YOU SAY?

bible man

ROMANS 10:9
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »

WHY DO MOST TEACH IN CHRISTENDOM ROM 10:9 "SAVES US"  DOESNT IT READ THOU SHALLLLLL  BE SAVED?  SHALL IS IN THE FUTURE,SOMEONE EXPLAIN!

Ninny

Re: SAVED?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 11:46:46 AM »

Hey Bible man,
There are answers to your questions! The CLV uses the future perfect tense "shall be" for Romans 10:9 if we shall be believing...to me it is an ongoing thing it isn't something that just happens once and you're good to go! I think it means if we are believing... not just a one time confession, because we are not saved until Jesus gets us outta this mess! We can have assurance of salvation because Jesus was the sacrifice once for all. BUT we are in this until He takes us out! That may not be the answer you're looking for but if not you can be sure someone will put you onto it here!  :D
I may not have the verb tense exactly right, but for sure it is an ongoing and future event! We ALL WILL BE SAVED!! At some point!  :)
Kathy :D

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 12:07:32 PM »

Go to this page:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Look at the Nashville 2005 conference teachings.  There are 3 audio teachings here that will help you.  I have found it very beneficial to listen to Ray teaching as this gives you a lot greater perspective than just reading them.

Hope it helps.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 12:08:16 PM »

Hi Bible man,

Here is an excerpt from the article "How Hard is Getting Saved?'  I think this will give you an idea, but you will need to read the rest of that article to get a full scope of what is being said.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.0.html -------

So you have a scripture that says, “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved, (Acts 2:21)” And that’s true. But you have to know what it means. And Christians will pick out a verse like that and say, “This is all you have to do…” They find the scripture with the lowest common denominator, with the least amount to do, and if it says that will save you than they say, “That’s it, that’s the one I want!” You see, they want that simple one.

But then in Acts 6:31, it says “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved.”

Well which is it? CALL upon the name of the Lord, or BELIEVE in Jesus Christ….and then you’ll be saved.

Well then in Mark 16:16, it says, “He that believes and is baptized shall be saved.”

Well, now we are getting down to it…(counts off on his fingers): You call upon the name of the Lord, you believe on the name of the Lord, you’re baptized and then…..?? You’ll be saved, right?  Well, that is if there were no more scriptures.

But then we have a scripture in John 10:9 that says, “I am the door, by Me if any man enter he shall be saved.”  Well what if you don’t enter by the door? If Christ is the door and you have to enter in at the door to be saved, if you don’t enter in at the door can you be saved? Well, I wouldn’t think so.

And then we have in Ephesians 2:8, “For by grace, are you saved, through faith”

Now let me see if I’ve got this straight:
1. believe on the name of the Lord
2. call on the name of the Lord
3. be baptized
4. enter in at the door of Christ
5. and then by grace
6. through faith

…….and then I will be saved. Right? Wrong Paleface, because there’s more!

1 Cor 1:21, “It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe”

So now I’ve got to:
1. believe on the name of the Lord
2. call on the name of the Lord
3. be baptized
4. enter in at the door of Christ
5. and then by grace
6. through faith
7. and now I’ve got to listen to the foolishness of Ray Smith before I can be saved???

I mean, is he serious? It PLEASED God, it isn’t that He allows it, that it’s like the lowest form of getting saved. No, it PLEASES God to save those that believe by the foolishness of people like me. The FOOLISHNESS, not the great wisdom…..the foolishness of preaching will save you!

That is, if you follow that along with 1 Timothy 2:4, “Who will have all men to be saved, but… you’ve got to come to a knowledge of truth.”

1 Cor 15:1-2, I declare unto you the gospel by which you are saved

Okay, so by the gospel I’m going to be saved, if I get all this knowledge of the truth, and if I enter at the door, and if I’m saved by grace through faith, and if I’m baptized and believe on His name, and call on His name… then I’ll be saved, FOR SURE, right?

1 Cor 3:15, “Being reconciled you shall be saved by His life.”  

Now do you think you can be saved WITHOUT His life?  Do you think God put that scripture in there "being reconciled you shall be saved by His life“ and you think we can tear that out and be saved not by His life?  Do you think that scripture is in vain put in there?  We need His life!  And we need to have faith in His name and we need to call upon Him and be baptized.  We need to walk through the door and be saved by grace through faith, and the foolishness of preaching.  We must come to a knowledge of the truth, and then we will be saved.  Well, there are a few more too.

Rom 10:9  You will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ (we haven’t read that yet!), and believe in you heart that God raised Him from the dead, then you shall be saved

Are you following what I’m talking about here?  Do you see all these scriptures?  Do you think any one of them was written in vain? That we can just tear it out of the bible and say, we don’t need that one, we’ve got six or seven others?  Do you think we can be saved without Christ’s life?  Do you think that scripture is not important?

So now we’ve got to:
1. Confess with your mouth
2. and believe in our heart that He raised Jesus from the dead
3. and we know that we’ve got to be reconciled to God
4. and take on the quality of Christ’s life
5. and we’ve got to walk through the door
6. and be baptized
7. and we’ve got to listen to Ray’s foolishness of preaching
8. and we’ve got to call upon the name of the Lord….etc. etc. etc.

And now you’ll be saved?  You haven’t even started!
Well, WHAT IS ALL THIS STUFF?  WHAT IS IT?  Why is all this stuff in the Bible?  How do you do all this stuff?  

There’s more, I could go on for days, there’s more and more and more…. and THEN you shall be saved!
If you’ve got to do all that then why does it say, “Whosever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”?  Because that’s all you have to do!  
But what about all the rest???  It’s ALL ONE!
If you do any one of these in the spirit, you will be saved. Any one of them. They’re all the same!  Each one comes from a little different perspective, but they’re all the same. You need to learn the principal; you need wisdom to know what the word of God is all about.
-----------------------------------------------------

Here is a links to the audios
Getting Saved part 1: http://bible-truths.com/audio/N05 GettingSaved_p1.mp3
Getting Saved part 2: http://bible-truths.com/audio/N05 GettingSaved_p2.mp3

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.