bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP ERROR?  (Read 5435 times)

bible man

WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP ERROR?
« on: May 26, 2009, 01:32:01 PM »

THIS MAY BE A SENSITIVE TOPIC BUT WOMEN NEVER TAUGHT THE SCRIPTURE ,NEVER WERE APOSTLES, PRIEST OR BISHOP (PASTOR) NOT SURE IF I EVER HEARD RAY TALK ABOUT WOMENS ROLE IN LEADERSHIP.

aqrinc

Re: WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP ERROR?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 01:41:33 PM »

Hi bible man,

Obviously you have not yet read most of Rays papers or listened to much of the audios. Here is one paper that will answer that question:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5506.0.html at least as far as Ray's teaching.

There is a lot of information and Great Study material in this forum and on the website: http://Bible-Truths.com to last a long time and unteach most of the bad stuff we pick up in Christendom.

george. :)

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 01:43:50 PM »

THIS MAY BE A SENSITIVE TOPIC BUT WOMEN NEVER TAUGHT THE SCRIPTURE ,NEVER WERE APOSTLES, PRIEST OR BISHOP (PASTOR) NOT SURE IF I EVER HEARD RAY TALK ABOUT WOMENS ROLE IN LEADERSHIP.

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2144.msg17307.html#msg17307):

Dear George:

I am thinking that you believe Gal. 3:27 voids out I Cor. 14:34?  If it does, the why would Paul have written it?

The answer is quote simple:

"IN CHRIST" there is no "male or female."  But, IN THE FLESH there still is male and female, otherwise homosexuality would not be a sin. Can you see how silly that approach to this Scripture would be?

We are still in physical bodies and we are still male and female, and as such the man is the head of the woman just as Jesus is the head of the Church. And as such, Paul did not permit women to preach or teach in the congregation.  However, there are many situation in which women can teach: to their children (both girls and boys); on the telephone, in letters, in group discussions, etc.  I believe their teaching is just pretty much limited in the area of not getting in front of an assembly of men and women and being featured as the main speaker or teacher. Not that she might not be able or qualified, but rather it is a matter of subjection to authority.  I have never done a long study on this subject, but I have read several papers by those who have, and most of them are shot through with theological holes.

God be with you,

Ray

Also, the bible study pointed out by Aqr (George) is a good reference as well.

Marques

bible man

WOMEN HEAD COVERING?
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 01:55:10 PM »

SHOULD WOMEN WHO ARE BELIEVERS COVER THEIR HEADS ACCORDING TO PAUL'S TEACHING?

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 02:17:37 PM »

What should we do to women who do not cover their heads?  How big should the covering be?  Should they wear it full-time or just when they are in the assembly?  Should we stone them if they don't do it according to the customs we've agreed to be bound up in, with, and to?  Should we stone those who disagree, or merely cast them out of the fellowship?

Paul wrote..."For we know that the Law is Spiritual..." 

We do know that, don't we? 

"...but I am carnal..." aren't we?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

Re: WOMEN HEAD COVERING?
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 02:49:32 PM »

SHOULD WOMEN WHO ARE BELIEVERS COVER THEIR HEADS ACCORDING TO PAUL'S TEACHING?

... learn to not capslock key please..

Can you please give the verse for that "covering of their heads" teaching.

I'd greatly appreciate it!

Marky Mark

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 02:53:37 PM »

What should we do to women who do not cover their heads?  How big should the covering be?  Should they wear it full-time or just when they are in the assembly?  Should we stone them if they don't do it according to the customs we've agreed to be bound up in, with, and to?  Should we stone those who disagree, or merely cast them out of the fellowship?

Paul wrote..."For we know that the Law is Spiritual..." 

We do know that, don't we? 

"...but I am carnal..." aren't we?

Dave,thats a big +1

Peace...Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.