bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TONGUES  (Read 4193 times)

bible man

TONGUES
« on: May 26, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETTWEEN UNKNOWN AND OTHER TONGUES?     EX ACTS  VS CORR

mharrell08

Re: TONGUES
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 01:36:56 PM »

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETTWEEN UNKNOWN AND OTHER TONGUES?     EX ACTS  VS CORR

FYI: http://bible-truths.com/tongues.htm

Excerpt:

THE PURPOSE AND PRINCIPLES FOR SPEAKING IN LANGUAGES

[1] Speaking in a language is ALWAYS a special sign for an unbeliever to hear a message in his own language, not a sign for believers:

"Wherefore languages are for a SIGN, not to them that believe, but to them that believe NOT…" (I Cor. 14:22).

[2] Speaking in a language must ALWAYS edify the Church:

"I would that you all spoke with languages, but rather that you prophesied [that means to give an inspired message of God]: for greater is he that prophesies than he that speaks with languages, except he interpret, that the church may receive EDIFYING" (I Cor. 14:5).

[3] Speaking in a language ALWAYS requires that [a] no more than 2 or 3 speak on the same occasion, that they speak one at a time, that there has already been someone selected who knows how to [c] interpret the languages to be spoken, and if no interpreter can be found, then they [d] cannot speak in the church:

"If any man speak in a language, let it be by two, or [a] at the most by three, and that by course [one at a time], and [c] let one interpret. But if there be no interpreter, let him [d] keep silence in the church" (I Cor. 14:27-28).

Keep these points in mind as we proceed through the Scriptures on this subject.

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.