bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm sick...  (Read 17914 times)

aqrinc

Re: I'm sick...
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 06:18:48 PM »

What's really interesting about this post and the subject matter and consequently the comments that kept it alive and going strong... the original poster thought this post would be deleted but God used that poster to strengthen so many forum members who might have felt frustrated at times.  God used the foolishness of preaching to remind us of so many scriptures that explain everything that was expressed in the original post.  God took what appeared to be a lemon and made it lemonade for all of us in the form of knowledge and spiritual strengthening.

Bingo Jacobs Ladder,

Never knew you were a carpenter, but you hit the nail right square on the head.

george. ;D

Roy Coates

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »

Hey 24 grams, how are you doing today? Jacobs Ladder made a great observation. Praise the Lord

G. Driggs

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 04:26:02 AM »

Thank you 24 grams, you have no idea how much this has helped me today. I was truly on the verge of giving up, so I thought maybe just one more look in the forums, and maybe there is something there to keep me going. Sure enough after re reading this thread there is no doubt, God inspired you to start this so that it would help me and many others.

Been very frustrated lately because I have not changed as much as I wished, because of the realization that I'm still yet carnal, evil, and sinful. So now all I can do is surrender and accept and deal with what ever happens next, because ALL is of God. There is much less anxiety and fear within me because of this thread, and a little more faith and hope.

Once again, thank you 24 grams, and everyone else for the input and Scriptures, most importantly thank God. Im not alone, and neither are any of you, it's good to fellowship with like minds, with like problems, and like hopes. Like Brother Joe said in another thread, ".....we should be comforted in the fact that being a member here is not a prerequisite for salvation!", so true, and I'm sure Brother Joe knows better than most of us, how it really helps to be a member here and to participate, and help each other when it gets rough, just as God planned.

Ecc 4:10  For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

Gal 6:2  Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 

Thank you my Brothers and Sisters for everything, all the glory is His for bringing us together in this forum.

Peace & Love
G.Driggs

daywalker

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 02:45:27 PM »

Thank you 24 grams, you have no idea how much this has helped me today. I was truly on the verge of giving up, so I thought maybe just one more look in the forums, and maybe there is something there to keep me going. Sure enough after re reading this thread there is no doubt, God inspired you to start this so that it would help me and many others.

Been very frustrated lately because I have not changed as much as I wished, because of the realization that I'm still yet carnal, evil, and sinful. So now all I can do is surrender and accept and deal with what ever happens next, because ALL is of God. There is much less anxiety and fear within me because of this thread, and a little more faith and hope.

Once again, thank you 24 grams, and everyone else for the input and Scriptures, most importantly thank God. Im not alone, and neither are any of you, it's good to fellowship with like minds, with like problems, and like hopes. Like Brother Joe said in another thread, ".....we should be comforted in the fact that being a member here is not a prerequisite for salvation!", so true, and I'm sure Brother Joe knows better than most of us, how it really helps to be a member here and to participate, and help each other when it gets rough, just as God planned.

Ecc 4:10  For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

Gal 6:2  Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 

Thank you my Brothers and Sisters for everything, all the glory is His for bringing us together in this forum.

Peace & Love
G.Driggs

I 2nd the "thank you 24 Grams", and I completely understand your condition G. Driggs, as well as 24 Grams [at the time he started this post]. I have been feeling this way, lately, myself. I feel like I've learned so much, and my knowledge and understanding of God and His Word has exploded! Yet, when I look at my life, my actions, my sins, I feel as though I should be much further than I am. Sometimes, I feel as though God is holding me back [yes, I know that sounds absurd...]

But I know that He is using my weakness to continue to humble me, and it does have an impact on how I look at other people and interact with them. I have always been a very forgiving person, but that ability has become far greater than before, and I can see how I am able to easily get along with people, at work and outside.

I can also see, and even feel, the pride and arrogance of others around me when they say judgmental and hurtful things about others, and 'puff' themselves up. It bothers me when they do so, and I believe a lot of that has to do with my own personal weaknesses and tribulations.

Indeed, it's very frustrating at times, humbling ourselves to an All-Wise, Sovereign Being. It is not easy for us, self-righteous humans...

May God Stay Close To All Of Us,

Christopher.  8)

G. Driggs

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2009, 08:55:55 AM »

I can also see, and even feel, the pride and arrogance of others around me when they say judgmental and hurtful things about others, and 'puff' themselves up. It bothers me when they do so, and I believe a lot of that has to do with my own personal weaknesses and tribulations.

Indeed, it's very frustrating at times, humbling ourselves to an All-Wise, Sovereign Being. It is not easy for us, self-righteous humans...

May God Stay Close To All Of Us,

Christopher.  8)

Wow, I've been dealing with the same exact thing lately. Not here, but in other forums.
I guess I have been put down, looked down on so much in my life that maybe I take it
too personal when I see it happening to someone else, especially from someone who
claims to be a Christian. This has always been one of my weaknesses. At the same time,
I have been very unfair, cruel and evil to a lot of people through out my life, so I
don't have much room to talk. It is good you said that, opened my eyes a little more,
humbled me a little more, it is a shameful thing to be such a hypocrite. Will pray to
have a little more compassion, and to remember where I came from, next time I see what
I perceive to be injustice from a Babylonian. I'm no better.

Thank you Christopher

Peace, Love
G.Driggs
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:57:28 AM by G. Driggs »

daywalker

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2009, 02:15:16 PM »

and to remember where I came from, next time I see what
I perceive to be injustice from a Babylonian. I'm no better.

Thank you Christopher

Peace, Love
G.Driggs

Hello again Driggs,

That highlighted part of your statement really stood out to me...

Rev 2:5 Remember, then, whence you have fallen, and repent...

I think I sometimes forget that I was once in a very bad way, and that it was JESUS CHRIST, and NOT myself, that delivered me out of Babylon and all its devices and philosophies.

Thanks for the great "reminder".  :)

Daywalker.  8)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.