bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.  (Read 18344 times)

mercie

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »

Again This depends on ones perspective.

By faith we see those things which are Invisble( the spiritual).

Hbr 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

what those Things Invisible ?

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

l 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:  

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:  
 Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:  

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:  

Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.  

moses kept his eyes on the invisble.

Hbr 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

how can you keep your eyes on something which is Invisible?

THAT would be impossible or is it!

we come back to Nicademus once more.

The Elements of the world Have passed away and been Burnt , we now have the Spiritual Reality

Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Gal 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Heres that twinkle of the eye!

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

mercie

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2006, 10:11:37 AM »

Thanks Eucy

1Cr 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

My last  too Euct.

Face to face?

Spiritual words.

Friends of God speak Face to face.

We see HIS reflection in us.

Gen 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and  my life is preserved

Exd 33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Deu 5:4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

Deu 34:10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,

mercie

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2006, 10:46:41 AM »

Quote from: bobbys43
Concerning invisible and visible I see it this way.

Before being called and drawn to Christ he was invisible. He was a name and that was visible to me. The invisible(Spirit) was made visible to me when I came to the truth that God in His mercy revealed to me.
 The word of God was invisible to me and what I mean by that is, I must have read certian scriptures many, many times and never saw the scripture through these blind eyes(invisible) but when given the truth those scriptures became very visible to me. Those verses just seem to jump out at me.
 My fellow humans were invisible to me but made very visible when the love of Christ is shed abroad in me.
 Blind eyes= invisable
 eyes open = visible

Just a thought, but a very real thought.

bobby

I hear you Bobby
 :D The Invisible made visible , spiritual words which can only be understood spiritually.

eutychus

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2006, 11:35:44 AM »

we all will shed this body of flesh, and cross over to the spiritual realm.

then you will see the unseen particals.

he who can except this let it be so.

bobf

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2006, 01:36:53 AM »

Quote from: Gill
Bob, you're great at posting these verses about God's people bringing in the rest of humanity ~ so exciting to see these gems.  Beats any plot i've come across from my not-so-distant geeky past in fantasy novels/computer games  :lol:

lol!  It really is amazing though isn't it!

Marius

Re: Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2006, 01:02:45 AM »

I believe that God's will is opposite to the thinking of mankind
Remember who is "the greatest in the kingdom of heaven"
answer: "least among men"

Who did Paul say should we chose to sit over an dispute,

There is many examples in the bible where the "meek"
does have the advantage in the end of days.
I think that your attetude should be to not in any way
think yourself to be higher or better than others.
This is totally in contrast with the self confidence believe
system everybody has is in himself.  ;)

orion77

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2006, 10:36:03 AM »

I believe that God's will is opposite to the thinking of mankind
Remember who is "the greatest in the kingdom of heaven"
answer: "least among men"

Who did Paul say should we chose to sit over an dispute,

There is many examples in the bible where the "meek"
does have the advantage in the end of days.
I think that your attetude should be to not in any way
think yourself to be higher or better than others.
This is totally in contrast with the self confidence believe
system everybody has is in himself.  ;)

Amen to that, Marius.

(Mat 20:26 LITV)  But it will not be so among you. But whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant.

(Mat 20:27 LITV)  And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your servant;

(Mat 20:28 LITV)  Even as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.

God bless,

Gary

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2006, 04:41:57 PM »

Hi Marius and Gary

What you wrote sums it up for me..... :)

Also, Blessed are the meek (the mild, patient, long-suffering) Amplified version...

....and I note this verse says "for they shall inherit the EARTH not the WORLD.  Satan is the God of THIS WORLD so who wants this world anyway!...  GOD owns the EARTH....GOD IS LOVE and we  desire to be with HIM..on the earth not in or of the world...!  We are called....to come out of....the world...and get our feet on the rock foundation....

Arcturus :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2006, 07:33:43 AM »

(Quoted from Ray's Lazarus and the Rich Man)

"...Abraham was not promised Heaven, but THIS EARTH along with King David....Jer 30:9"

Arcturus :)

snorky

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2006, 10:09:32 PM »

Wierd thread...at the beginning the notion of "earth" and "dirt" and "world" seemed to be the overwhelming concern. Probably it means the realm to come under Christ. But I think "meek" should be emphasized. Meek proably means those who put their lives (through God's Will) in Christ's hands, those who let Him lead them, those who are "called out' or whatever UNDER HIS POWER and not just going through the motions. And the meek are SERVANTS as well in the sense that they in their hearts (as with God's Will) want to serve others UNDER HIS POWER. AND we have to be peacemakers AND poor in spirit (to the point where we do surrender all and let Him lead us) AND hunger and thirst for righteousness AND be merciful AND pure of heart AND mourn AND be persecuted for righteousness sake and be reviles for His name sake. But we can be none of these unless we depend on Him to grow these in us.

Snorky (Deb)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.