bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rock Band?  (Read 5538 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Rock Band?
« on: May 29, 2009, 11:51:08 PM »

I play in a "rock" band.  Everyone in the band is a believer.  I have been doing this since I was a teen, and with this music I try and share the "Good News".  What I would like to know is:  How can this be proven as wrong in scripture?  Or can it be?

Dear Ryan:  Thank you for your email and question.  In cases of socially accepted practices such as rock music, the question is not

so much "what" is being questioned as to whether it is sin or not, but WHY AND HOW it is being done.  There is considerable music that

can be classified as "rock," that is beautiful, melodic, and up-lifting.  There is also much rock music that is ugly, discordant, and immoral.

Likewise those who perform rock music may be morally upright and loving, or, they may be druggies and fornicators.  Can we not see the

difference?  A major difficulty comes to play when one tries to merge both aspects of this question:   that is, trying to harmonize the ugly

and immoral with the beautiful and up-lifing.  Practicing some moral to justify some immoral does not make for a practice that is moral.

And here is where everyone must stand on their own two feet and make their own choices. Hope this helps.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.