bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joy?  (Read 8537 times)

NoviceBeliever

Joy?
« on: June 01, 2009, 12:25:54 PM »

Thoughts has been plaguing me the last few days...

Are we not to find "Joy" in the things that GOD has provided us in this life? Doesn't GOD want us to learn from everything we experience to come to Him?

NB

mharrell08

Re: Joy?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 01:01:48 PM »

Maze feat. Frankie Beverly:

Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain
Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6DFEOFHl0w

Get down with yo' bad self ,

Marques  ;D

daywalker

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »

James 1:2  My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

This is how we are to live. Of course, we are to find JOY. We should have JOY in knowing that, though we may suffer here in this life, that the road we walk on leads to Salvation and Cleansing and Healing--to Jesus Christ!

Some days it's easy to be joyful and happy, but others it's very hard. But it is the latter days, in which, we learn the most. We don't walk through the valley of beautiful flowers and warm, comforting sunlight... No, we walk through the "valley of the shadow of death" [Psalms 23:4].

Hebrews 12:11: Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby

But we have this promise from our LORD:

James 1:12: Blessed is the man [and woman] that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive a crown of life, which the Lord has promised to them that love Him

May God comfort you,

Daywalker.  8)

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 01:36:15 PM »

Hi NB,

Here is another witness to Daywalkers post.

Php 4: 3-13 (MKJV)
3  And I also beg you, true yoke-fellow, help those women who labored in the gospel with me and with Clement, and others of my fellow-laborers, whose names are in the Book of Life.
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say, Rejoice!
5  Let your moderation be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
7  And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8  Finally, my brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are right, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think on these things.
9  Do those things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me. And the God of peace shall be with you.
10  But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me has flourished again. Although you indeed did think, but you lacked opportunity.
11  Not that I speak according to need, for I have learned to be content in whatever state I am.
12  I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound. In everything and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

george :).

meee

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 01:41:24 PM »

Some days it's easy to be joyful and happy, but others it's very hard. But it is the latter days, in which, we learn the most. We don't walk through the valley of beautiful flowers and warm, comforting sunlight... No, we walk through the "valley of the shadow of death" [Psalms 23:4].Hebrews 12:11: Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby

But we have this promise from our LORD:

James 1:12: Blessed is the man [and woman] that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive a crown of life, which the Lord has promised to them that love Him

May God comfort you,

Daywalker.  8)
                 Too we have joy, knowing we go through, we don't stay, God brings us through and out of the valley of the shadow of death.
Thanks Daywalker great verses.
hugs,meee

judith collier

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 01:54:24 PM »

I don't always have joy that's for sure but I am always glad to be alive.  Aren't God's mercies new every morning? I just like to live and be here for my family and friends. Judy

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 01:58:01 PM »

Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain
Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain

Marques  ;D

*sweat drips from forehead*
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 02:06:53 PM »

Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain
Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain

Marques  ;D

*sweat drips from forehead*

LOL  :D :D :D

bunnylife

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 10:15:57 PM »

Yes, God wants you to have joy. There are 100 verses with joy and 134 with rejoice in the Bible (CLV)

Gal 5:22 "Now the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 meekness, self-control: against such things there is no law."

joy is fruit to be grown over a lifetime .. a process .. a characteristic of love - 1Co 13:6 "is not rejoicing in injustice, yet is rejoicing together with the truth,"

which we know that Father God is growing in each one of us. We do have good days and bad days or on the mountain top then back in the valley.. or times out of the fire then right back into it. It is the good and the evil experiences by God that causes us to be transformed into His image.

Joh 15:11 "These things have I spoken to you, that My joy should be remaining in you, and your joy may be filled."

Nehemiah 8:10 "..For the Joy of Yahweh is my strength."

Psa 118:24 "This is the day Yahweh has made; Let us exult and rejoice in it."

In His Joy,
Bunni  :D

Samson

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 12:05:46 AM »

Hello All,

Someone once defined Joy as putting God & Jesus first, Others second and Yourself last. I guess
             that only happens when Chosen and Spiritually converted.

Samson.

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 12:27:42 AM »

Hello, Every day it seems like I see more and more of Gods love since coming in here. I suffer, daily with pain in my body. But, since knowing Gods love for all his children it just brings great Joy.

God's love makes all the difference. Resting in him helps us endure our trials . Love can win us over that is for sure. Thats, how it is going to be for all once shown the truth. They have no idea what they are missing. I just, ask God every day to teach me to me more like him.

I have great joy knowing I have all of you for a Brother and Sister and that if we suffer we can cry together. This is a place where you know you fit in.

Well, I believe Ray has great joy even though he is going through hard trials.

I thank God always for all of you.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 03:33:05 AM »

We can count it all Joy and grow, or be doubleminded and doubting thomas-es. Yes i do count it all Joy, because it is true and gives one victory over anything this world can throw at us. This is how life should be lived for believers now, depending on GOD And our Lord Jesus Christ for every little thing.

The beginning of wisdom for each of us is knowing that of ourselves, we really can do nothing. BUT our Advocate Jesus Christ The Righteous King, Is Able to do Exceedingly Abundantly beyond anything our minds can yet conceive or access even.

Jas 1: 5-11 (CLV)
5 Now if anyone of you is lacking wisdom, let him be requesting it from God, Who is giving to all generously and is not reproaching, and it shall be given to him."
6 Yet let him be requesting in faith, doubting nothing, for he who is doubting simulates a surge of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed."
7 For let not that man be surmising that he shall be obtaining anything from the Lord -
8 a man double-souled, turbulent in all his ways."
9 Now let the humble brother be glorying in his exaltation,
10 yet the rich in his humiliation, for, as the flower of grass, shall he pass by."
11 For the sun rises, together with the scorching heat, and withers the grass, and its flower falls off, and the comeliness of its aspect perished. Thus the rich also in his goings shall be caused to fade."

george. :)

Roy Martin

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 10:38:06 AM »

I have joy just in knowing that Im just passing through in this life working my way to heaven according to Gods will.

Roy

Kat

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 12:04:19 PM »

Heb 12:1  Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
v. 2  looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right of the throne of God.
v. 3  For consider Him who endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest you be weary and faint in your minds.

Jesus Christ found "joy" in going to the cross, His joy was in what His suffering would produce.  He did not enjoy what He had to do, but actually "despised" it.

So if we too can trust that the Father has our own best interest at heart in everything that we endure in this life, then I think we too can find 'joy.'  Because we have Christ's example that whatever we must go through the end result will be worth it.

1Peter 4:12  Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;
v. 13  but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

meee

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 12:13:56 PM »

Amen!!!!!!! To all of the above.
                          luvya's meee

ez2u

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 03:06:12 AM »

what encouraging scriptures Kat  thank you.

daywalker

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 03:23:01 AM »

Thank you, Kat.  :)

Heb 12:1  Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
v. 2  looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right of the throne of God.
v. 3  For consider Him who endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest you be weary and faint in your minds.

Jesus Christ found "joy" in going to the cross, His joy was in what His suffering would produce.  He did not enjoy what He had to do, but actually "despised" it.

So if we too can trust that the Father has our own best interest at heart in everything that we endure in this life, then I think we too can find 'joy.'  Because we have Christ's example that whatever we must go through the end result will be worth it.

1Peter 4:12  Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;
v. 13  but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.