bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling all musicians out there  (Read 5638 times)

meee

Calling all musicians out there
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:55:30 AM »

Hey everyone,
                   Have any of you written and put on tape any music that is Scriptually correct?
                   I'd love to have some music that doesn't talk about flying off to heaven and all the incorrect statements that are made in most "Christian" music.
                   Probably none is recorded for the market, but has any of you made any recordings for your own enjoyment?
                   I have a few songs that were shared with me by artist that are of the One God belief and the Abrahamic Faith, I could share if anyone wants to hear them. I love the songs!     The files were sized down for me so I could listen to them on my dial up. I don't know if they'd play for you all though.
                   Anyhoooo~~~~~~~~~~~
                          hugs,meee ;D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Calling all musicians out there
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »

To answer the question...no, so far I haven't been able to write a song that is a good expression of the good news gospel.  My songs tend to be lyric-heavy (if they have a lyric at all) and not repititions of phrases, so it's a daunting task to write 'interesting', 'lyrical', and 'correct' at the same time.  I think it can be done, however.

There is plenty of Christian music that actually IS scripture, and more I'm sure that is 'scriptural'.  I'm not much into it enough to know who and where to send you.  For me to decide for myself is not very apealing either.  It makes me feel like a censor saying SO AND SO does three songs on this album that do not blaspheme God or teach error.  I'd rather just leave it all alone, to be honest.  That's too much work.

Let me encourage you in a different way.  Why don't you you just make up your own?  It's not that any body else needs to hear it, nor that it needs to be good enough to make anybody else want to hear it, but making music, singing, etc is a beautiful part of fellowship with our Father.  Kids will sing all the time and make up songs.  We don't need entertainment.

Just a thought.

Maybe I can do a link or two later.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 01:52:17 PM »

Hey Meee,
Here is a song it's kind of rock-ish, but I think the message is pretty solid I took a copy with the lyrics so you could read the words, too. My grandsons like this song. It has a heavy thread throughout, but you listen and see what you think! It's loud!  ;D
Kathy :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTeQdLKiRg8&feature=PlayList&p=57D8F610BD84A1A7&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=41

meee

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 08:57:09 PM »

Kathy and Dave,
                 I can't do the youtube thing very easily,but thanks, and  Dave thanks for your input &  the links.
                    hugs,meee

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 12:38:42 AM »

Meee,
The song I sent you was called, "I Will Not Be Moved" I like the message. I'll try to post the lyrics for you later on...
Kathy

meee

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 01:54:36 PM »

Meee,
The song I sent you was called, "I Will Not Be Moved" I like the message. I'll try to post the lyrics for you later on...
Kathy

.Let me encourage you in a different way.  Why don't you you just make up your own?  It's not that any body else needs to hear it, nor that it needs to be good enough to make anybody else want to hear it, but making music, singing, etc is a beautiful part of fellowship with our Father.  Kids will sing all the time and make up songs.  We don't need entertainment.

Thanks Kathy!!!
               Dave I've been thinking about how I used to sing to the Lord in tongues.  :-[ ???   Oh the memories of days in Babylon,how they haunt sometimes.

Nope don't need entertainment, but sometimes songs can lift us up and encourage and that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks again guy and lady!
                        luvya'smeee
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.