bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 COR 8:1-  (Read 6797 times)

bible man

1 COR 8:1-
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:01:55 AM »

"When knowledge is dangerous" 

Roy Martin

Re: 1 COR 8:1-
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 10:32:08 AM »

Do you have a question or just a statement about this scripture?

Roy

Amrhrasach

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »

God is sitting in heaven when a scientist prays to Him.

"God, we don't need you anymore.  Science has finally figured out a way to create life out of nothing -- in other words, we can now do what You did in the beginning." 

"Oh, is that so?  Tell Me..." replies God.

"Well," says the scientist, "we can take dirt and form it into the likeness of You and breathe life into it, thus creating man."

"Well, that's very interesting...show Me."

So the scientist bends down to the earth and starts to mold the soil into the shape of a man.

"No, no, no..." interrupts God, "Get your own dirt.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »

How is knowledge dangerous in this chapter of corinthians?
Please clarify

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Marky Mark

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 11:48:30 AM »

"God, we don't need you anymore.  Science has finally figured out a way to create life out of nothing -- in other words, we can now do what You did in the beginning." 

"Well," says the scientist, "we can take dirt and form it into the likeness of You and breathe life into it, thus creating man."

So the scientist bends down to the earth and starts to mold the soil into the shape of a man.

Gary,perfect bro.

:o ;D 8) :P

Kat

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 12:23:58 PM »

I guess you could say that knowledge can be "dangerous" to our spiritual well being, if you consider what is being said in this chapter.

1Co 8:1  Now concerning food offered to idols: we know that "all of us possess knowledge." "Knowledge" puffs up, but love builds up.

v. 2  If any one imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know.

v. 3  But if one loves God, one is known by him.

v. 6  yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

v. 7  However, not all possess this knowledge. But some, through being hitherto accustomed to idols, eat food as really offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled.

v. 9  Only take care lest this liberty of yours somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.

v. 11  And so by your knowledge this weak man is destroyed, the brother for whom Christ died.

v. 12  Thus, sinning against your brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »

I guess you could say that knowledge can be "dangerous" to our spiritual well being, if you consider what is being said in this chapter.

1Co 8:1  Now concerning food offered to idols: we know that "all of us possess knowledge." "Knowledge" puffs up, but love builds up.

v. 2  If any one imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know.

v. 3  But if one loves God, one is known by him.

v. 6  yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

v. 7  However, not all possess this knowledge. But some, through being hitherto accustomed to idols, eat food as really offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled.

v. 9  Only take care lest this liberty of yours somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.

v. 11  And so by your knowledge this weak man is destroyed, the brother for whom Christ died.

v. 12  Thus, sinning against your brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Thanks Kat!
I guess I wanted bible man to say that!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Kat

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »

Hi Antaiwan,

I too was expecting some kind of reply from Bibleman.  When a topic is put up we do expect the originator to follow up on the replies they receive.  I'm saying it is just proper forum etiquette to recognize answer to your question or statement.  Most everybody seems to already know this.  If you don't have the time or inclination to reply, maybe you should reconsider starting up a topic.  Just a little advice  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

bible man

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 01:42:16 PM »

I closely read all replies,however I do not always resond due to those that cant handle differences.  Nobody seemed to understand my post 1 cor 8, well here it is, knowledge puffs up and where genuine love is absent knowledge doesnt reach its full potential!  WHAT KNOWLEDGE that has been given to this forum was given!!!!  So thank  God for the gift of knowledge.  To further answer Kats advice i am carefulllll not to say to much I dont want to be labeled a TROLL.  PLEASE DONT ERASE THIS I THINK IT NEEDS TO BE READ!!

Thanks

meee

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 02:05:51 PM »

I closely read all replies,however I do not always resond due to those that cant handle differences.  Nobody seemed to understand my post 1 cor 8, well here it is, knowledge puffs up and where genuine love is absent knowledge doesnt reach its full potential!  WHAT KNOWLEDGE that has been given to this forum was given!!!!  So thank  God for the gift of knowledge.  To further answer Kats advice i am carefulllll not to say to much I dont want to be labeled a TROLL.  PLEASE DONT ERASE THIS I THINK IT NEEDS TO BE READ!!

Thanks

Hi, ok I had thought of this,but you didn't make clear what you were after, not having really asked a question bm.   Soooo, I left it alone.
               peace & love,meee

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 02:44:49 PM »

Knowledge does puff up when one is seeking their own gratification. Knowledge, does not puff up when it is used to edify the sisthren & brethren.

Each of the 3 verses below have a story surrounding them, if used in The Spirit to build up (inform, correct, instruct, reprimand, encourage); then we are following Scriptural principles.

Rom 14:19 (KJV)
Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

1Co 10:23 
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

1Th 5:11 
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

george. :)

daywalker

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 03:33:51 PM »

ahahahah, I love it!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.