bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "but I have chosen you"  (Read 8452 times)

Amrhrasach

"but I have chosen you"
« on: June 03, 2009, 01:19:18 AM »

No, not a troll.   

Just simply looking at these words and feeling a measure of mercy over-whelming.   Words that sink to the depths of my heart and have a unique way of warping my mind away from the "world" and back into that which matters most.   Commanding words that will not have, nor tolerate, argument.    I can't find words to explain it beyond that explanation.  I know you know what I'm feeling.  If you don't....well.    Who says emotions can't be true or trusted sometimes. 

Life's more pleasurable moments.  Also tearful.

For like-minded minds and hearts.

Gary

Ninny

Re: "but I have chosen you"
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:23:25 AM »

Love it! :D
Kathy :)

Ellie

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 03:30:05 AM »

Strikes a deep chord......thank you.....

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 03:41:22 AM »

Gary,

I feel you brother, that is always a WOW day for me, every day.

george. ;D

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:15:17 PM by aqr »

southland

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 05:58:51 AM »

I got it  ;)

Matt :)

meee

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »

Mind boggeling!       

meee :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 12:44:12 PM »

Assuring, securing, comforting and peace imbuing healing words.

Thank you.

Arc

larissa4676

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 03:25:34 PM »

The Father. Wow!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »

A double witness :

Rev 5 : 9....for Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by Thy Blood OUT OF EVERY kindred, (traditions) and tongue, ( the false teaching of speaking in tongues) and people (666 humankind) and nation ( worldly system.)

Grateful Thanks to God and our Brother Christ Jesus for His Mercy and generosity towards us!

Arcturus

meefsgirl

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 10:03:38 AM »

"but I have chosen you"

These words always touch me deep within... to know HE CHOSE me... me, who has always felt so inferior and no good. HE CHOSE me... I love those words so much.

Thank you for reminding me of them, Gary.

meee

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 03:55:48 PM »

The first time I saw Jesus say that the Father loves us the same as He loved Jesus ,what a moment that was, talk about tear's ya'll.
         meee

judith collier

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 05:25:45 AM »

Isn't that just mind boggling. Me, nothing but a creature, the God of everything and everywhere and everybody, knows me and wanted me. Unbelievable.

meee

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 10:33:34 AM »

Isn't that just mind boggling. Me, nothing but a creature, the God of everything and everywhere and everybody, knows me and wanted me. Unbelievable.

" Amazing love how can it be that you my God should die for me ~~~~"
           A song we would sing.
                  meee

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 12:40:17 AM »

"Amazing love, I know it's true, and it's my joy to honor You in all I do!"  Love that song, for sure! Amazing Love is what God is!!
Kathy :D

ez2u

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 02:56:49 AM »

2Sa 7:18  Then went king David in, and sat before the LORD, and he said, Who am I, O Lord GOD? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?
2Sa 7:19  And this was yet a small thing in thy sight, O Lord GOD; but thou hast spoken also of thy servant's house for a great while to come. And is this the manner of man, O Lord GOD?
2Sa 7:20  And what can David say more unto thee? for thou, Lord GOD, knowest thy servant.
2Sa 7:21  For thy word's sake, and according to thine own heart, hast thou done all these great things, to make thy servant know them.
2Sa 7:22  Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.
2Sa 7:23  And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods?
2Sa 7:24  For thou hast confirmed to thyself thy people Israel to be a people unto thee for ever: and thou, LORD, art become their God.
2Sa 7:25  And now, O LORD God, the word that thou hast spoken concerning thy servant, and concerning his house, establish it for ever, and do as thou hast said.
2Sa 7:26  And let thy name be magnified for ever, saying, The LORD of hosts is the God over Israel: and let the house of thy servant David be established before thee.
2Sa 7:27  For thou, O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, hast revealed to thy servant, saying, I will build thee an house: therefore hath thy servant found in his heart to pray this prayer unto thee.
2Sa 7:28  And now, O Lord GOD, thou art that God, and thy words be true, and thou hast promised this goodness unto thy servant:
2Sa 7:29  Therefore now let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant, that it may continue for ever before thee: for thou, O Lord GOD, hast spoken it: and with thy blessing let the house of thy servant be blessed for ever.    Amen

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 09:46:54 AM »

This excerpt is from Rays critique of a sermon by John Hagee http://bible-truths.com/hagee1.htm

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you ... " (John 15:16).

"No one can come to Me if ever the Father Who sends Me should not be drawing him" (John 6:44).

"He [God] chooses us in Him [Christ] ... " (Eph. 1:4).

When you boast, Mr. Hagee, saying that you found Christ all by yourself, you are telling your international audience that everyone else is, therefore, responsible for finding Christ "all by themselves." Charles Darwin taught "survival of the fittest," and you teach "salvation of the wisest." According to you, one must be wise enough to find Christ, accept Christ, and then qualify on his own to be saved.

This "bootstrap" mentality of self-qualification for salvation is nonsense, Mr. Hagee. But let me be more Scripturally "exact." Paul said he had many more reasons to have "confidence in his own flesh" than anyone. But when Christ called Paul (yes, Mr. Hagee, Christ called Paul - Paul did not find Christ "all by himself"), he said:

"Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but DUNG, that I may win Christ" (Phil. 3:8), King James Version.

There is a parallel between your teachings and the teachings of atheistic evolutionists. Those learned men who promulgate the hypothesis of evolution (I say "hypothesis," because there isn't any scientific proof that would elevate it to a "theory"), use the same authoritative language in their writings to prove the unprovable as you do. Surely (non-thinking people reason) since hundreds and thousands of learned scientists point to nature and science for their proof, then what they teach concerning evolution, must be true. And, surely (non-thinking Christians reason) since hundreds and thousands of learned clergymen point to the Holy Scriptures for their proof, then what they teach concerning Christ, must be true.

Mr. Hagee, you have about as much Scriptural proof that man must find God and qualify for salvation all on his own, as evolutionists have scientific proof that all the species evolved from the same ancestor, all on their own-NONE! You have about as much Scriptural proof that God is going to torture most of His children in the fires of a Hell for eternity, as evolutionists have scientific proof that life spontaneously generated itself from dead sea slime - NONE!

"Proof" is evidence that something is true. Just saying something isn't proof of its validity.

judith collier

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 04:03:08 PM »

2Sam, 7-29, need this and prayed it over my house. judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.