bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!!  (Read 10380 times)

larissa4676

HELP!!!!!!!
« on: June 03, 2009, 12:47:14 PM »

I am so close. Please someone help me to understand this. In scripture when it talks about the mark of the beast being in the right hand or forehead, what does that mean? I know that man is the beast. What I don't understand is what the right hand and forehead part have to do with it.....HELP!!!!!

I thank you God in advance.

Larissa

Marky Mark

Re: HELP!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:10:12 PM »

Email to ray,hope it helps

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5930.0.html

Hi Ray -
I really enjoyed your comments on "Who Is The Beast".  Some interesting (and quite valid) points

I tend to believe, however, that the beast is the belief and acceptance (in your right hand (your works) and in your forehead (your mind)) of modern day "Christianity" and other religions with all of their hoops, bells and whistles. Most people can't accept true Christianity for it's pure simplicity (believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved).

I'd really enjoy reading your thoughts on this.

Terry
Helena, MT

Dear Terry:  NO, Terry, "the belief and acceptance (in your right hand (your works) and in your forehead (your mind)) of modern day "Christianity" and other religions with all of their hoops, bells and whistles" is the "MARK of the beast"--it is YOU who are the beast.
God be with you. Ray

Peace...Mark
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:12:00 PM by Marky Mark »

larissa4676

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 01:27:11 PM »

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!

THANK YOU GOD!!!! RAY!!!! WHOOT WHOOT! (celebration cry)! THANK YOU GOD!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!

Larissa

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 01:49:02 PM »

Great find Mark and I hope these scriptures further help Larissa in her studies...

Matt 5:30  And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matt 22:44  The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Ps 118:16  The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.

Ps 109:6  Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.

Ps 16:8  I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

Matt 25:33  And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Luke 23:32-33, 39-43

And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to death. And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left....And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 04:44:37 PM »

Dear Terry:  NO, Terry, "the belief and acceptance (in your right hand (your works) and in your forehead (your mind)) of modern day "Christianity" and other religions with all of their hoops, bells and whistles" is the "MARK of the beast"--it is YOU who are the beast.
God be with you. Ray

This clears up the question, but the answer opens a huge door of understanding for me. Who do we depend on daily for everything, that answer is where we as believers must practice, The Faith Given to us From GOD And Our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 5: 14-25 (CLV)
14 Now we are entreating you, brethren; admonish the disorderly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the infirm, be patient toward all."
15 See that no one may be rendering evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue that which is good for one another as well as for all."
16 Be rejoicing always.
17 Be praying unintermittingly.
18 In everything be giving thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. "
19 Quench not the spirit.
20 Scorn not prophecies.
21 Yet be testing all, retaining the ideal."
22 From everything wicked to the perception, abstain."
23 Now may the God of peace Himself be hallowing you wholly; and may your unimpaired spirit and soul and body be kept blameless in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ!
24 Faithful is He Who is calling you, Who will be doing it also."
25 Brethren, pray concerning us also."

george ;D.

larissa4676

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 07:37:32 PM »

Hello All,

Another question: Where does the "buy nor sale nor trade unless he has the mark" come into play. Does this mean those who don't buy into religion don't buy, sale, or trade in the nonsense that religion offers or something more?

Thank God for you all.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 05:12:32 AM »

Hello All,

Another question: Where does the "buy nor sale nor trade unless he has the mark" come into play. Does this mean those who don't buy into religion don't buy, sale, or trade in the nonsense that religion offers or something more?

Thank God for you all.

Buying and selling in the scriptures to put it plain; You cannot sell to anyone who has the mark because they do not recieve you. They do not understand what you are telling them because their eyes and ears have not yet been opoened to the truth.

Look at buying and selling as preaching. What you preach [sell] is not accepted among those in babylon [those who have the mark of the beast.] Only those with the mark of the beast, may sell [preach garbage] to those who have the mark [because these people that are buying it, don't see the truth and are still blind to it. Hence they buy this garbage being sold to them by those who have the mark.]

We on the other hand don't buy it [believe it] because we see right through it, thanks to God :) and they don't buy [believe what we preach as the truth] because they are blind.

Does that make sence? Thats how i look at it and i believe that is fairly accurate. I'm sure someone can give you the scriptures for this though to give you a few witnesses to what i am saying.

God bless,

Alex

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »

Hi larissa4676,

Here is an older thread that may help with this (Mark) question:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4553.msg35014.html#msg35014

george. :)

larissa4676

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 02:59:44 AM »

I came across this scripture as well...

Revelation 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Again, I thank God for you all! I don't know how I'm containing myself. Well, I do I guess. My one year old is laying next to me sleeping but I'd love to shout out right now. For understanding, for relief, for the feeling of weights being lifted.

This feels great guys and gals.

Praise God. Praise God.

Larissa

PS. This must be such an awesome experience for those of you who are able to watch the process of those who's eyes and hears are being opened right before you (so to speak). What celebrations you must have as well.

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 03:19:14 AM »

Larissa,

:) ;D :o 8) ::) :'( :-* ;D

george.

larissa4676

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 05:17:44 AM »

Such is the process George.

I don't know if you remember but I asked a question many moons ago about mystery babylon saying she is not a widow. I asked who her husband was...remember? Either way. God has revealed the truth to me their about her. The key for me was in understanding the meaning of the word "widow" in it's original text and boy does babylon thinks she's not lacking a husband.

You know I had some sicko christian tell me that all christians would one day have sex with this "god" of theirs. He says it's because they are the bride. Craziness! Sickness.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that God has allowed me to see the widow's truth.

Thanks be to God.

On another note, how do you all use your gifts or talents now? I ask because I'm a singer and song writer, but as you may well know, no one wants to hear the songs I'm writing these days. How do/did you all deal with doing things that you love to do that aren't excepted by the majority anymore? So far, I've just stopped singing ('cept at home with the kids). I get invited to sing places, but I turn them down as I can't fake like I want to be in a church and my mouth could probably get me lynched if I went in one. Plus, I've really been feeling like the whole singing thing is/was just carnal. I mean, the whole ideal of praise and worship (as it was taught to me) is hogwash. Now I don't know what to do with the "gift" or whatever it is. Hope this all makes sense. It is 2am or something.

One Voice.
Larissa

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 05:34:31 PM »

Larissa,

Yes i do remember and am happy that you now have the answer that was needed. When we were blinded and deaf, we believed those things and worse, so where they are, is the same place we have been dragged from. Those who are still snared and trapped by the great deceptions of Satan, really believe they are doing good and godly work to bring about their kingdom.

The ones that were blind and now can see, have so much to unlearn and then learn, that we really have no time for the carnal desires and physical gifts that pleasures us, rather than Glorify GOD And our Lord Jesus Christ.

Take a few minutes and read this entire chapter, then see if you do not have the answer to the (other note).

Gal 5: 1-26 (MKJV)
1  Stand fast therefore in the liberty with which Christ has made us free, and do not again be held with the yoke of bondage.
2  Behold, I, Paul, say to you that if you are circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3  For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do all the Law,
4  you who are justified by Law are deprived of all effect from Christ; you fell from grace.
5  For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness out of faith.
6  For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any strength, but faith working through love.
You were running well. Who hindered you that you do not obey the truth?
8  This persuasion is not from Him who calls you.
A little leaven leavens all the lump.
10  I have confidence in you in the Lord, that you will think nothing else, but that he troubling you shall bear the judgment, whoever he may be.
11  And I, brothers, if I yet proclaim circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the offense of the Cross has ceased.
12  I wish that those causing you to doubt will cut themselves off.
13  For, brothers, you were called to liberty. Only do not use the liberty for an opening to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14  For all the Law is fulfilled in one word, even in this, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15  But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you are not consumed by one another.
16  I say, then, Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.
17  For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh. And these are contrary to one another; lest whatever you may will, these things you do.
18  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19  Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,
20  idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
21  envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22  But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
23  meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
24  But those belonging to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26  Let us not become glory-seeking, provoking one another, envying one another.

This is just one chapter, we have so much to learn, what time is there for beast feeding. ???

george. :)

larissa4676

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 01:15:06 AM »

Your right. Let the beast starve. Thanks be to God for you.

Larissa

larissa4676

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 01:33:29 PM »

George,

Is there anything you enjoy doing? Like fishing? Or making stuff? Or maybe cooking? Can we really not do what we enjoy doing? Does it produce love, joy, or peace for those around you? I'm on the pc studying most of the day and night. I wake up doing it, I lay down doing it. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night to study some thought that I dreamed about. If the things that are inside of us are not for us (or is that religious goobilee goo) but for those outside of ourselves why not singing? See my head had to change. Singing used to be about me. I wanted to make money doing it. I'm gifted and I wanted others to know. I liked the command of being on stage in front of hundreds, sometimes thousands of people. Then I came out of babylon. I stopped singing because it literally made me feel nasty, dirty, sick because of the desires or motivations that I used to have for it. Now, I feel the opposite. I don't go sing where I'm invited because I can't do that old "show" anymore. I agree with starving the beast tho.

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 03:09:50 PM »

Larissa,

There are many things i do enjoy doing, the problem is that most if not all, do little to edify anyone except my ego and feed my carnal desires. I am not telling anyone what to do since my steps are not the same as yours, just to follow The Scriptures and not your heart.

Please do not let anything of my personal preferences, be a stumbling block to you. I am learning just as you and all the brethren & sisthren here and in the world are.

Jer 17: 9-10 (CLV)
9 Crooked [is] the heart above all things, And it [is] incurable--who does know it?
10 I Yahweh do search the heart, try the reins, Even to give to each according to his way, According to the fruit of his doings."

Rom 7:18 (MKJV)
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwells no good thing. For to will is present with me, but how to perform that which is good I do not find.

Rom 7:23 (MKJV)
but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin being in my members.

Witness
Rom 8: 5-8 (MKJV)
For they who are according to the flesh mind the things of flesh, but they who are according to the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6  For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace
because the carnal mind is enmity against God, for it is not subject to the Law of God, neither indeed can it be.
8  So then they who are in the flesh cannot please God.

george :).

larissa4676

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 07:00:02 PM »

I understand where your coming from George. I know so much of singing my my past was carnal. Actually, all of it was. Thank you for the words of wisdom.

Larissa

Marlene

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 07:58:43 PM »

Right before coming in here. God gave me a thought . I was thinking about leaving my church of many years. It was not a huge church. But, I often sang solo and sometimes with someone else. But, mostly alone. I use to be so shy and for years I did not let anyone know I could sing. But, that time spent there I became use to singing. Well, God told me to leave that church because of things he showed me about the church. I had no idea why , but he led me to a larger church. I told God, I will never be able to sing in a large church like that. Well, I never did.

But, this church was going all out for the worldly things. At there Christmas program they had it all decorated inside with trees and wrapped gifts. I continued to go for a while. It was as if God told me look at all this. It is even worse then where you were. Not saying all those people were bad. Some of them had very kind hearts.

God asked me if I loved him or my music most. Well, I loved him most. I see nothing wrong with singing. I see that you all are wanting to get the true message of the Good News out there. But, if I sing it will be to God alone or until we all get up there and sing his praises. I would not say I was a fantastic singer, but most have told me my voice was unique. I always tried to find songs about his Love. I do not write songs. But, I sure do love singing a song to God alone .  But, if you all feel you can do this without the carnal side taking over, and if God leads you do it, that is all up to you.

I do wish there were more christian songs that taught the true message. I do know, there was some who believed the way we do, that wrote songs in the 1700"s and 1800's. One, of the most beautiful songs ever wrote in my opinion is How Great Thou Art, but how may people believe it. Most, think he is too weak to redeem his children he created.

Ecclesiastes Chapter 1 verse 9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done; and there is no new
                                           thing under the sun.
                               verse 10 Is there  any thing where of it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

God has certainly over the generations had people who believed there is no Hell. But, the thing is, that God has only choosen a few from each generations to understand and believe . Ray has been blessed by God. God has blessed us by the foolish preaching of Ray his servant. I guess I want to spend most of my time on learning from God and uplift  Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

I am not your judge. Its just the place God has me. But, there have been many people who believe like this in earlier generations who have written songs.
But, time have changed and the old songs have  been discarded for worship songs which repeat themselves over and over and have no message for the most part. If, you can write a song that shows God's Glory then have at it I say.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marky Mark

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 08:28:09 PM »

I must say,being able to come here and be with like minded believers may not be a song of sorts, but the Love here sure puts a song into my heart.

Have I told you lately how much I Love all of you. If what we have here at BT's is not of the Spirit,then I do not know what is...  ;) :)

Peace...Mark

G. Driggs

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 10:18:51 PM »

I understand where your coming from George. I know so much of singing my my past was carnal. Actually, all of it was. Thank you for the words of wisdom.

Larissa

Hi Larissa, I hear ya. I really like to listen to music and sing along. In the past it was all about feeding my carnality with all kinds of messed up music, but lately Im trying to see God in the music I listen to. Im not really into "christian" music, though I do like some. Im really into the so called "secular" kind of music, like pop rock, hard rock, R&B and alternative. Ive noticed SOMETIMES there is actually a lot more truth in the mainstream stuff, but thats just me. An example of this type of music is from Beyonces "halo", I just cant help but to think of Jesus when I hear that song. Obviously when you watch the video its about her and a guy, but I just substitute it for Jesus and I. Anyway just wanted you to know I'm a big music fan and I would love to hear you sing. Maybe we can do a collaboration or something? You write and sing and I can do back up vocals, and we can glorify our Lord together! I love doing backup, and Im not half bad according to my wife. Lets just remember to keep our eyes on the prize!

Oh by the way I had read somewhere where brother Ray says something to the effect that we as humanity is/are 666, which is missing the mark (sin,carnality,the beast within) of 777 which is perfection of God. Although he did not specifically say those exact words, that is what it seemed like to me. I could be way off, and I would hate to mislead you, forgive me. Maybe someone with more knowledge of Scripture and where Ray said something similar to this can help you more better.

Peace and Love, G.Driggs

TheRysta

Let's see if I can input
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 06:54:24 PM »

To put it simply, this is what I reckon.

Right hand = symbol of WORKS
Forehead = symbol of THOUGHTS

You will find this same symbolism elsewhere in the bible.

Those tainted with the mark THINK like the beast and do EVIL works.

Hope this helps  ;D :D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.