bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello Again  (Read 8829 times)

G. Driggs

Hello Again
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:40:49 PM »

Hello and greetings brothers and sisters in Christ. Its been about a year since I was last here as a forum member, and its been an interesting year to say the least. I was pretty confused and just blown away by our dear brother Mr. Smiths teachings. Im not saying I know it all now, which was my attitude after reading his papers only once. I think I started feeling self righteous and perfect even. I owe you all an apology, I truly am sorry, please forgive me. I hope Im not out of line by asking forgiveness openly like this to a few individuals whom I was like a beast to. Dave in Tenn, Kat, and especially Linny. I was wrong, Job did have to repent, I only realized this after reading one of brother Rays papers after the 3rd time. As a matter of fact it turns out all the prophets of old are gonna have to repent, but I think at least maybe they will have some kind of edge, I could be wrong though. Thats another thing, the Lord is teaching me never to assume I know the answer unless it's backed by Scriptures, or brother Rays teachings, which are backed by Scriptures. So I guess this brings me to a question about making assumptions. Is receiving The Kingdom of Heaven as a child alot like being unassuming? Not really knowing anything? Always willing to learn? Im sure it's possible there is more to it, so any input or Scripture is more than welcome concerning receiving the Kingdom of Heaven as a child.

One more thing, I was reading in Scripture about sowing discord (strife) among the Bretheren, and it sounds pretty serious.

Pro 6:14  Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.
Pro 6:15  Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.
Pro 6:16  These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17  A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18  An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19  A false witness that speaketh lies, and HE THAT SOWETH DISCORD AMONG BRETHREN.   

Not sure if this is a spiritual match, but it seems like it.

Gal 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

One more, and it seems to be so full of Love.

Gen 13:8  And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.

Once again, please forgive me. Sowing strife was my big thing last year. I have such a long way to go, and it seems like every time I read one of brother Rays papers there goes my house built upon sand. At least I have you all to turn to when the going gets tough. Its really important to read and re-read his papers more than once. It also really helps when the mods or anyone else posts excerpts from his papers, keep it up.

Peace and Love, G.Driggs

Marky Mark

Re: Hello Again
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 01:00:56 PM »

G. Driggs,Welcome back my Brother.You can rest assured that no stones will be cast your way from my direction ;). We are all in this together and all are in need of edification.Falling is the easy part,getting back up can be a challenge. God Bless.

Peace...Mark

meee

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 01:08:30 PM »

Hello and greetings brothers and sisters in Christ. Its been about a year since I was last here as a forum member, and its been an interesting year to say the least. I was pretty confused and just blown away by our dear brother Mr. Smiths teachings. Im not saying I know it all now, which was my attitude after reading his papers only once. I think I started feeling self righteous and perfect even. I owe you all an apology, I truly am sorry, please forgive me. I hope Im not out of line by asking forgiveness openly like this to a few individuals whom I was like a beast to. Dave in Tenn, Kat, and especially Linny. I was wrong, Job did have to repent, I only realized this after reading one of brother Rays papers after the 3rd time. As a matter of fact it turns out all the prophets of old are gonna have to repent, but I think at least maybe they will have some kind of edge, I could be wrong though. Thats another thing, the Lord is teaching me never to assume I know the answer unless it's backed by Scriptures, or brother Rays teachings, which are backed by Scriptures. So I guess this brings me to a question about making assumptions. Is receiving The Kingdom of Heaven as a child alot like being unassuming? Not really knowing anything? Always willing to learn? Im sure it's possible there is more to it, so any input or Scripture is more than welcome concerning receiving the Kingdom of Heaven as a child.
One more thing, I was reading in Scripture about sowing discord (strife) among the Bretheren, and it sounds pretty serious.

Pro 6:14  Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.
Pro 6:15  Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.
Pro 6:16  These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17  A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18  An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19  A false witness that speaketh lies, and HE THAT SOWETH DISCORD AMONG BRETHREN.   

Not sure if this is a spiritual match, but it seems like it.

Gal 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

One more, and it seems to be so full of Love.

Gen 13:8  And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.

Once again, please forgive me. Sowing strife was my big thing last year. I have such a long way to go, and it seems like every time I read one of brother Rays papers there goes my house built upon sand. At least I have you all to turn to when the going gets tough. Its really important to read and re-read his papers more than once. It also really helps when the mods or anyone else posts excerpts from his papers, keep it up.
Peace and Love, G.Driggs

Hello G.Driggs and welcome back.  I'm new here myself, but I see God's humbling of you. Praise the Lord you are seeing the need to die to self and repentance.
I hope to see more of you ,meee with love and hugs

G. Driggs

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 06:13:34 PM »

Thank YOU all, I appreciate it.

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 09:09:54 PM »

Hi G. Driggs,

You can fall at least another 76 times, and no one should hold it against you. Not my words, but Those Of Jesus Christ Himself.

Mat 18: 18-35 (CLV)
18 "Verily, I am saying to you, Whatsoever you should be binding on the earth shall be those things having been bound in the heavens, and whatsoever you should be loosing on the earth shall be those loose in heaven.
19 "Again, verily, I am saying to you that, if ever two of you should be agreeing on the earth concerning any matter, whatsoever it is they should be requesting shall be coming to them from My Father Who is in the heavens.
20 For where two or three are, gathered in My name, there am I in the midst of them."

21 Then, approaching, Peter said to Him, "Lord, how many times shall my brother be sinning against me and I shall be pardoning him? Till seven times?"
22 Jesus is saying to him, "I am not saying to you 'Till seven times,' but 'Till seventy times and seven,'
23 "Therefore likened was the kingdom of the heavens to a man, a king, who wants to settle accounts with his slaves.

24 Now, at his beginning to settle, one debtor was brought to him who owed ten thousand talents.
25 Now, at his not having wherewith to pay, the lord orders him to be disposed of, and his wife and children and all, whatever he has, and payment to be made.
26 Falling down, then, that slave worshiped him, saying, Lord, be patient with me, and I will pay you all!'

27 Now, having compassion, the lord of that slave dismisses him, and remits his loan.
28 "Yet, coming out, that slave found one of his fellow slaves, who owed him a hundred denarii, and, holding him, he choked him, saying, 'Pay, if you are owing anything!'
29 Falling down, then, his fellow slave entreated him, saying, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you all!'

30 Yet he would not, but, coming away, he casts him into jail, till he may pay what he is owing.
31 "Then his fellow slaves, perceiving what is occurring, were tremendously sorry, and coming, they elucidate (tell) to their lord all that is occurring.
32"Then his lord, calling him to him, is saying to him, 'Wicked slave! That entire debt I remit to you, since you entreat me.

33 Was it not binding on you also to be merciful to your fellow slave, as I also am merciful to you?'
34 And, being indignant, his lord gives him up to the tormentors till he may pay all he is owing him.
35 "Thus shall My heavenly Father also be doing to you, if each one should not be pardoning his brother, from your hearts."

george ;D.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 09:12:53 PM by aqr »

Linny

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 12:21:31 AM »

Wow, G.Driggs. What a special calling you must have on your life. It takes an amazing work of God to bring someone to the place God has brought you.
I do not have a remembrance of what you may have said to me but no doubt if I did, I could and would still easily forgive it.  I'd be honored to call you my friend.

It breaks my heart to look back at the way in which I represented my Lord in days gone by. Heck, I had my mouth open this week when I knew
better and after I ignorantly thought I'd conquered it!  ::) :-\

Many Blessings to you and so glad to have you back. ;D

Lin

G. Driggs

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 05:13:26 AM »

Thank you aqr, those were some very encouraging words from our Lord, I needed that.

Linny, I've thought of you often in prayer, its obvious you have much love. Your words of forgiveness really warmed my heart, and I'm truly humbled. May God bless you with good (spiritual) gifts.

Much Love & Peace, G.Driggs

Kat

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 11:49:07 AM »

Hi G. Driggs,

Glad you have returned  :)
God carries all of us through different things in order to teach us.  I never want to question why God is working the way He does in somebodies life.  Obviously you needed to go through what you did for you to learn your lesson and I'm sure I learned something too.  God knows just what we need and how to give it to us.  Life is not easy, but may we always be thankful to Him for every day we have for Him to teach us.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

G. Driggs

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 07:54:29 PM »

Hi G. Driggs,

Glad you have returned  :)
God carries all of us through different things in order to teach us.  I never want to question why God is working the way He does in somebodies life.  Obviously you needed to go through what you did for you to learn your lesson and I'm sure I learned something too.  God knows just what we need and how to give it to us.  Life is not easy, but may we always be thankful to Him for every day we have for Him to teach us.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

I second all of that Kat! It has been a strange year where I did not know which way was up or down, but God has given me just a LITTLE more faith to keep on hoping.

Thank you for the Loving welcome.

Peace and Love, G.Driggs

Vangie

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 08:34:08 AM »

So glad you're back George D!  I have been wondering how you were doing, and am thankful you were led back home.   :)

Love to you in Christ,
Vangie

G. Driggs

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 09:32:33 AM »

So glad you're back George D!  I have been wondering how you were doing, and am thankful you were led back home.   :)

Love to you in Christ,
Vangie

Thank you so much Vangie, you and I both know I was "dragged" back here. ;)

Much Love back to you, G.Driggs :'( (tears of joy)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »

Hey George.  It took me a couple of days to put the new nick with the old friend and figure out who you 'were'.  I don't really recall you being particularly 'beastly' to me, but let me assure you, I don't deserve any better treatment.   :D 

I'm very, very glad that you have continued your reading and study as you promised you would.  Clearly He's not finished with you yet.  I hope that thought brings you as much hope and joy as it does for me.

I hope you're still keeping the calamine lotion handy, too.   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

G. Driggs

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 11:50:37 PM »

Hey George.  It took me a couple of days to put the new nick with the old friend and figure out who you 'were'.  I don't really recall you being particularly 'beastly' to me, but let me assure you, I don't deserve any better treatment.   :D 

I'm very, very glad that you have continued your reading and study as you promised you would.  Clearly He's not finished with you yet.  I hope that thought brings you as much hope and joy as it does for me.

I hope you're still keeping the calamine lotion handy, too.   ;D

I totally understand Dave, I was hiding behind the nick 'jakfr0s' and I thought if I used my real name now I would not be able to hide anymore. If you remember I was quite the fearful person, not so much now.

I assure you I was a beast to you and everyone else, I was just really good at hiding it. God knew my heart at that time and it just was not right. :-[

Its getting pretty darn close to bust out that calamine lotion, any day now they gonna be swarming. ;)

It was just impossible to stay away from you all, and Rays teachings, thanks Dave for the welcome.

Peace & Love, G.Driggs

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 01:09:38 AM »

George Driggs..No matter how hard we try we can't hide from God!  No matter how many aliases we have, or how many different ways we try to hid ourselves God knows the true us...Hopefully we will one day all be the "Inupiat"
Kathy ;)

G. Driggs

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 01:39:33 AM »

George Driggs..No matter how hard we try we can't hide from God!  No matter how many aliases we have, or how many different ways we try to hid ourselves God knows the true us...Hopefully we will one day all be the "Inupiat"
Kathy ;)

So true, and amen to that Sister!

G.Driggs

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 03:27:59 AM »

I was hiding behind the nick 'jakfr0s'

oh, NOW i remember you george driggs. i remember reading your posts back then. i enjoy your current posts and it is good to see how God is working in your life, i.e. dragging and dragging and dragging some more til you/we finally look up and here we are! we might have to pick out the bits of the hard road, and use some calamine lotion on the road rash, but boy oh boy it is worth every bit of the blood, sweat and tears He brought you/us through to bring us to Him.

love you brother geo
claudia

G. Driggs

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 07:15:08 PM »

Thank you very much Claudia for the welcome, and lotsa love to you my Sister. ;D

Peace, G.Driggs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.