bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 or 3 Things Learned (still) Learning  (Read 18448 times)

hillsbororiver

2 or 3 Things Learned (still) Learning
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:33:45 PM »

Perhaps the three most profound things I have learned to believe and consistently think about (since I stumbled onto Bible-Truths) is the falling away (from our first Love), recognizing the "beast within," and having real (not feigned) mercy for all of our brethren, aren't these prerequisites for growing in His Spirit?

We might gain knowledge without actually living it but we will not gain wisdom.

I spent over 30 years believing (when I happened to be thinking about it) that I needed to stay tuned to the evening news to see when the false prophet, the beast, etc. would be revealed, in other words looking outward for signs and wonders that would signify the last days.

Like some others here I also have experienced from time to time a feeling of being in tune with Him, having my eyes and ears ratcheted opened another notch, feeling a genuine love for my sisters and brothers and a sense of peace that all is well in the walk, that I am on the right path.....

Then the clarity clouds a bit, there is too much noise encompassing me to hear His voice as distinctly as before and my patience dissipates in regard to dealing with people.

It is like walking through the woods where the trail is cleared and easy to follow for a time and then you encounter some rather steep hills, moving past that the way is clear with a pleasant view until the path leads to a mucky swamp full of scorpions, snakes and mud 2 feet deep, suddenly there is a chill in the air and night is about to fall. Getting through this ordeal and taking a rest from the activity morning comes and you see the path continues on high and dry ground in a straight, defined line, it is sunny, warm and life is good. Then as day becomes evening there is a sharp bend in the path, to the left is a cliff that drops 100 feet straight down and on the right are swirling waters splashing on jagged rocks, up ahead you can see the brush and fallen trees that you soon will be dealing with. How much longer must these obstacles be overcome, when will we finally get to our destination?

I think all of us go through these feelings from time to time, this journey is not a flat line experience, there are many peaks and valleys and I really can't wait until we all are truly transformed incorruptible, but patience must be learned, faith must be more fully developed and love must be in our core being as we continue to be refined, being created in His image.

Easier said than experienced!  ;)

The following is from the Lake of Fire Part XIV ("The Beast Within");

THE DAY OF THE LORD AND II THESSALONIANS II

Most of us not unlike the Thessalonians of Paul’s day are aware of a prophetic time spoken by the prophets known as "The Day of the Lord." The Thessalonians knew somewhat of this day and what it portended, as Paul spoke to them earlier about it. Now he has to tell them in this second epistle,

"That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that THE DAY OF CHRIST is at hand" (II Thes. 2:2).

Never forget that Jesus Christ IS ‘The LORD,’ and so the Day of Christ and the Day of the Lord both represent the Son of God.

Notice what Paul had instructed them in his first epistle concerning the coming of the Lord:

"…and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the Living and True God; And to wait for His Son from heaven, Whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come" (I Thes. 1:9b-10).

Paul tells them of his suffering:

"For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain: But even after that we had SUFFERED before, and were SHAMEFULLY ENTREATED, as ye know… with MUCH CONTENTION

(I Thes. 2:1-2). Then Paul speaks of their suffering and the reason for sending Timothy to them:

"That no man should be moved by THESE AFFLICTIONS: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto" (I Thes. 3:3).

Paul states that:

"Therefore, brethren, we were comforted over you in all our AFFLICTION and DISTRESS by your faith" (I Thes. 3:7).

And so Paul tells them of his afflictions, and also acknowledges their afflictions. Again Paul assures these Thessalonians that:

"For yourselves know perfectly that THE DAY OF THE LORD so comes as a thief in the night… For God has NOT appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ" (I Thes. 5:2 & 9).

Well Timothy reported back to Paul that they were having even more tribulations and persecutions to the point that they were thinking that they must be in that period of time of "The Day of the Lord," and that they themselves were suffering wrath from God.

Once more Paul acknowledges these tribulations and suffering:

"So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in ALL YOUR PERSECUTIONS AND TRIBULATIONS THAT YE ENDURE" (II Thes. 1:4).

But rather than wrath from God, Paul assures them that this suffering is really a token of God’s righteous judgment and that God will be punishing those who are persecuting them:

"Which [suffering] is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be COUNTED WORTHY of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: Seeing it is a righteous thing with God recompense tribulation to them that TROUBLE YOU" (II Thes. 1:5-6).

Then Paul gives them one more giant promise of rest from all of these sufferings:

"And to you [and to US as well] who are troubled REST with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction [eonian extermination] from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power; When He shall come to be glorified in His saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) IN THAT DAY" (II Thes. 1:7-10).

And next we come to the Scriptures of our present study. Paul comforts them in their persecutions and tribulations. He assures them that endurance in faith will account the worthy to be in the Kingdom of God, and that they will have rest at the coming of our Lord to be glorified in His saints and admired in ALL THAT BELIEVE. This is the way of the believer leading up to the coming of the Lord and the "Day of the Lord," when all will be changed and glorified. But Paul tells them that that day is not here yet.

Listen carefully: Generation after generation after generation of believers and saints of God have lived, suffered and been persecuted, and then DIED. This "Day of Christ" or "Day of the Lord" not only did not come in their lifetime, but it will not be a reality to any of them WHEN IT DOES COME, unless something else happens in their lives FIRST!

Unless this experience happened to them in their lifetime, whenever they lived, they will not be in the First Resurrection and see the Coming of the Lord in the Day of the Lord. Something had to have happened to them—all of them. Something HAS to happen to YOU—ALL OF YOU who expect to see the Coming of the Lord and the Day of the Lord and be accounted worthy to be in The Kingdom of God. Yes, we already read in II Thes. 1:10, "When He shall come to be glorified in His saints…" And He will be glorified in all His saints at that time, but not unless something has happened in all of His saints FIRST!

Until and unless the thing that I am going to mention next is an accomplished FACT in your PRESENT life, you will not see The Coming of the Lord, neither will you be in the First Resurrection of spiritual rest and glorification. I kid you not, this is deep and heavy stuff!

The entire article is here;  http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Ninny

Re: 2 or 3 Things Learned (still) Learning
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:44:37 PM »

Thank you Joe!

"I think all of us go through these feelings from time to time, this journey is not a flat line experience..."

I'm happy to hear this because a flat line usually means you are dead!! So as long as there are peaks and valleys we know we are still alive and striving for the mark!
Great words!
Kathy :D

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:58:37 PM »

Hi Joe,

It is a lot easier saying it, than the daily experience of living it. That beast (me) does not want to relinquish anything, least of all, the throne of my will for any other God; my beast is fighting for its life. For this i now know, that just as i have The Spirit Of Jesus Christ in me, so too the spirit of Satan (my beast) live in me.

Joh 8:44 (MKJV)
You are of the Devil as father, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and did not abide in the truth because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Satan's greatest deception is for us (me) to look for something outside of us (me) that is the personification of evil. Rereading: http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html brings me back to see the complete and utter helplessness of me (beast) to get rid of me (beast) without my dying and being reborn in Jesus Christ. Because yes me (beast) can die, but i have no power to transform or raise myself from the dead physically or Spiritually.

This experience of evil is humbling now, and serves a great purpose of showing me my complete dependence on GOD And my Lord Jesus Christ; to rescue me from the pig slop and debauchery, i can so easily accept as good living.

WE ARE ALL PRODIGAL SONS

Excerpt from: http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

You all know the parable. The son of a rich man wanted his inheritance NOW. And so he went into a far country and wasted his inheritance with riotous living—doing what seemed RIGHT in his own eyes. Enjoying life, having a good time. When he was physically and morally broke, he took a job slopping the pigs, and finally eating the slop of the pigs, himself. His selfish, carnal, house built on shifting sands FELL! "And GREAT was the fall thereof."

He had "left his first love" of his Father who obliged him in his "free will" decision to pursue his own happiness. But now, with his face in the watery slop of the pigs, he sees his reflection looking back at him—a BEAST—a man of great sin—a son in the state of spiritual perdition. What will he do?

He said:

"I will arise and go to my Father, and will say unto Him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before Thee, And am no more worthy to be called Thy son: make me as one of Thy hired servants… But the Father said to His servant, Bring forth the best robe [‘…for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints,' Rev. 19:8], and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand…

…[‘And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph’s hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck; And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt,’ (Gen. 41:42-43). "To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me {second chariot from Christ}…" (Rev. 3:21), "And to he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations {ALL of them, not just Egypt}]…

…For this my son was [spiritually] DEAD, and is alive again; he was LOST [pollumi—lost, destroyed, vanished] and is found. And they began to be merry" (Luke 15-11-24).

george :).

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 01:52:41 AM »

George, Every time I read that in the Bible it makes me cry. I cannot even understand why I had not seen the Beast that I am, before now. I mean I know I am a sinner, but God really showing you everything about you is not a pretty picture. The day that we overcome completely will be glorious. Well, for sure you have to have  God unblind you to see what you truly are .

In His Love,
Marlene

daywalker

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 03:40:16 AM »

Thank you Joe!

"I think all of us go through these feelings from time to time, this journey is not a flat line experience..."

I'm happy to hear this because a flat line usually means you are dead!! So as long as there are peaks and valleys we know we are still alive and striving for the mark!
Great words!
Kathy :D

Haha, that was a good one, Kathy!   :D

Very true too. Great post, Joe. Thanks.

- Daywalker.  8)

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 03:55:13 AM »

Marlene,

It is an ugly picture we are being dragged away from, kicking and screaming bloody murder all the time, wanting to go back to our comfortable filthy pigpen.

Not pretty, but necessary for us to want to leave the pigpen, and ask for forgiveness Of GOD, our FATHER. Repentance is our only right action, once our eyes and ears are open to The Spiritual Truths That Jesus Christ Himself Has revealed to us.

Rom 7: 22-25 (MKJV)
22  For I delight in the Law of God according to the inward man;
23  but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin being in my members.
24  O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then with the mind I myself serve the Law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

george :o.

Amrhrasach

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 01:34:47 PM »

Perhaps the three most profound things I have learned to believe and consistently think about (since I stumbled onto Bible-Truths) is the falling away (from our first Love), recognizing the "beast within," and having real (not feigned) mercy for all of our brethren, aren't these prerequisites for growing in His Spirit?

Joe

Along that vein, yesterday in reading LOF V I read the part below and thought how absent these qualities are in my life.  Or so it seems.    And I thought “when Lord do these come?....will they ever be present?”.    I’ve tried my entire life to achieve some sense of these character traits but failed absolutely miserably.  I realize now, by God's grace, it was because I wasn’t being centered in my heart and mind by the master of these qualities.   The beast was surely in every notch of my heart back then.  He still is too much now, sadly, but he's being pushed out.  It's a fight.  My thoughts yesterday then progressed to how God looks at the heart of man.  Surprisingly my next thought was although WE may not see or recognize these qualities in our day to day living we know they are present or becoming present, some growing strong and perhaps others not so strong yet, but nonetheless he is growing us in these qualities and they will bloom in his timing, not ours.   Would we have it any other way?  It’s good that we no longer buy into the “candy” of the feel good books that line shelves on “how to be a better you!”, which only gives a temporary and false sense of growth and security, but that we rely on God to grow us as only he knows best.  20 years ago I looked at these traits and thought “I can do that by myself!”   I was wrong.

From LOF Part V:

WE ARE GOD’S GARDEN

"In what "certain ways" are we "like God’s garden?" Remember we must compare spiritual things with spiritual. Answer: "My Father is the Farmer… "I [Jesus] am the grape vine. You [that’s us] are the branches. He who is remaining in Me, and I in him, this one is BRINGING FORTH MUCH FRUIT" (John 15:1 & 5). I sn’t this easy when we stop fighting God’s Word with our own preconceived doctrines? And trust me; this is as hard as it get, if we will just allow God’s spirit to TEACH US spiritual things! Now then, WHAT KIND of fruit are we talking about—apples and grapes? Let’s again, compare spiritual things with spiritual. Answer: "But the FRUIT of the SPIRIT [in God’s spiritual garden, which we are] is love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and self control" (Gal. 5:22-23). All of these character traits from God’s Spirit are invisible and they are SPIRITUAL. But does that mean that they are not real? Of course not. In fact, we can SEE the results of these invisible, spiritual character traits of the spirit just as Jesus told us we can see the results of the invisible wind."

Gary

CEO

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »

Joe

Echoing your thoughts, as we go deeper into the word the more clear it becomes.  As things are more obvious it becomes easier to know and do right.  If we stay in the word it stays simple.  The marvelous thing about Ray is he takes us deeper into the word and makes it clearer.

Thank you for posting.

Askseeknock
Charles

G. Driggs

What Have I learned?
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 04:42:52 PM »

For whatever reason I just want to share what I've learned from bible-truths.com.

I think the biggest thing Iam learning lately is the more I read Scriptures and Rays teaching and all the posts on here is, I really dont know much at all. It seems almost everything I read is like a new revelation. Even after re-reading there is something that either makes me really happy or makes me feel really humble. It is truly humbling either way.

Peace to all, G.Driggs

G. Driggs

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 04:50:36 PM »

Rest, how I long for much needed rest, but its not over yet, still a little while more. Someday soon is my hope.

Thank you

Peace, G.Driggs

daywalker

Re: What Have I learned?
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 05:02:11 PM »

For whatever reason I just want to share what I've learned from bible-truths.com.

I think the biggest thing Iam learning lately is the more I read Scriptures and Rays teaching and all the posts on here is, I really dont know much at all. It seems almost everything I read is like a new revelation. Even after re-reading there is something that either makes me really happy or makes me feel really humble. It is truly humbling either way.

Peace to all, G.Driggs

Hello G.Driggs,

I know what you mean. I am reading the LOF Series for the 3rd time now [currently on the Lucifer Hoax--part 9 section], and it's still happening to me...

What? Wow! I can't believe I missed that the FIRST time! Huh? Wow! I can't believe I missed that the SECOND time, too!

- Daywalker.  8)

G. Driggs

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 05:06:44 PM »

I just noticed that somehow my topic, "What Have I learned?" somehow got merged with the topic, "2 or 3 Things Learned (still) Learning". Did I goof something somehow? Oh well its all good I suppose.

mharrell08

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 05:22:22 PM »

I just noticed that somehow my topic, "What Have I learned?" somehow got merged with the topic, "2 or 3 Things Learned (still) Learning". Did I goof something somehow? Oh well its all good I suppose.

Check your PM box...topics related, so they were merged...left you a message.

Marques

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 11:47:21 AM »

Hi Everyone,

There are some really good additions posted here! Thank you all.

As I was reading through them one of the articles came to mind;

From; The Lake of Fire - PART VI (TWO JUDGMENTS BY FIRE)

THE LIFE OF A BELIEVER

Let’s see again just what is involved in living the live of a believer:

"For by GRACE are ye saved through FAITH; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast. For we are HIS workmanship [Gk: achievement], created in Christ Jesus unto [unto what?] … unto GOOD WORKS, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:10). We are not saved by OUR WORKS, but we are preordained to walk in GOD’S GOOD WORKS, nonetheless.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be BORN AGAIN, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3;3). Notice that Eph. 2:10 says that we are "created IN Christ." Something new happens when we are "IN" Christ. There is a NEW birth and there is a NEW creation, "Therefore if any man be IN Christ, he is a NEW CREATURE [Gk: creation]: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (II Cor. 5:17). Albeit, this new creation has its perils as we will see in the next verse.

"Yea, and ALL that will live godly in Christ Jesus [as a new and different creature] SHALL SUFFER PERSECUTION." (II Tim. 3:12). This is not just a possibility; it is an absolute PROMISE.

"Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through MUCH TRIBULATION [pressure, afflictions] enter into the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22).

"For if we would JUDGE OURSELVES, we should not be judged. But when we ARE JUDGED, we are CHASTENED [Greek: paideuo, to train, educate, discipline, punish, chastise, instruct, learn, and teach] of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world [at the great white throne judgment]" (I Cor. 11:31-32).

"And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you as unto children, My Son, despise not you the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of Him. For whom the Lord loves He CHASTENS [Prov. 13:24] AND SCOURGES [see I Pet. 5:9] EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES. But if you be without chastisement, whereof ALL are partakers, then are you ********, and not sons" (Heb. 12:5-8). "Every man’s work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be REVEALED BY FIRE; and the fire shall try EVERY MAN’S WORK of what sort it is" (I Cor. 3;13).

"Fear NONE of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and you shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give you a CROWN OF LIFE" (Rev. 2:10). "To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the TREE OF LIFE [eternal, immortal life]" (Rev. 2:7), "He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death" (Rev. 2:11), "And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give POWER OVER THE NATIONS" (Rev. 2;26), "He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment [righteousness] and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life [Christ is the book of life] but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels" (Rev. 3:5), "Him that overcomes will I make a PILLAR [a main and vital support in the very government of Almighty God] IN THE TEMPLE OF MY GOD…" (Rev. 3:12), "To him that overcomes will I grant to SIT WITH ME IN MY THRONE, even as I also overcame [see John 16:33], and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev. 3:21).

There we have a very brief overview of the life of a believer. Is it not obvious that the life of a believer consists of a whole lot more than just "believing" that Jesus is the Christ? God has bigger plans for the human race than just "saving" them. God can "save" chickens, but God doesn’t want chickens for sons! God wants sons that are PERFECT as He is perfect! Wouldn’t you all agree that becoming perfect might just require a whole lot more than singing gospel music once a week? Perfection requires many things that only God can perform in our lives. We are, after all, His workmanship, His achievement. Having ALL OUR WORKS tried in the fire of His Holy Spirit is no small part of becoming perfect.

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

Peace,

Joe

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »

"For by GRACE are ye saved through FAITH; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast. For we are HIS workmanship [Gk: achievement], created in Christ Jesus unto [unto what?] … unto GOOD WORKS, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:10). We are not saved by OUR WORKS, but we are preordained to walk in GOD’S GOOD WORKS, nonetheless.

This is along the lines of what has been impacting me lately.  How often in the babalonian walk in the past have we tried to pull ourselves up by our own spiritual bootstraps as it were...'I've got to pray more, fast more, read the scriptures more, be kinder, ect.'  I have always felt that these are things that I somehow have to accomplish although I would admit that of course God has to do it through me but the reality of that always escaped me.

If God doesn't do it then it's not going to get done!!  The flesh can not accomplish something spiritual.  WIthout Jesus Christ we truly can do nothing.  That isn't just a quaint saying....it's a fact.  How often I had read the scriptures along the lines of that He is the potter and we are the clay but the reality of that truly escaped me.  It's very humbling that if God isn't the one doing it in me then it's not going to get done at all.  Truly it's working out our own salvation with fear and trembling because it all depends on God and if he has not chosen me to be one of the elect then I won't be one of the elect.  I truly have nothing to do with the process and this is the thing that the flesh doesn't want to hear.  But the impact of this truth has also been a relief to me as well.  I really can't mess it up because it is God's good works that he is working through me....I'm just a conduit.

Marky Mark

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 02:30:49 PM »

Arion,well spoken my Brother ;) :).

Peace...Mark

Robin

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 05:54:03 PM »

The worst time for me was when I couldn't find the path at all. I once sat in the same place for 10 years begging God to show me the path or talk to me or teach me. Just anything. I was out of the church with no place to go. I felt quite crazy because I couldn't find anyone else.

God gave me a long "time out" and it was just what I needed. My faith was weak when waiting and a lot stronger when going through the hard obstacles on the twisted, uphill path. I thought I would reach the end of the path and finally be finished.  I had to learn to live by faith and not by sight. All that "noise" was almost unbearable. Everything was telling me that God abandoned me and left me to die. I knew I was the beast and was very afraid of hell because God wasn't doing anything to "fix" me. I was trying to save myself by finding that hard path again so I could move forward and find salvation.

You can't imagine the weeping and laughter I felt when I found BT. Not only was God faithful to gather me with others, but he set me free from that terrible fear of hell. I could then delight in knowing I was the beast and all will be saved. I was able to let go of the fear of having no free will. I've settled in on this island and still can't see a path right now, but I'm not complaining.

God gave me a tiny bit of faith to believe that he didn't abandon me.
He gave me a tiny bit of faith to believe that he would finish the work he began in me.
I was holding on by a thread of faith with no sight or evidence that it was true.

The last question I had before finding all of you was how is it just for God to send anyone to hell when he does all the choosing and we are all equally guilty of sin? How could he choose to save some and not all and still be just? No one is better than anyone else. We are all the same. There isn't any justice in that. I remember saying do you just say eeny meeny miny mo? lol. God gave me a thread of faith to believe he is a just God even though I didn't have the answer.

Then he led me here and Ray showed me that God is a just God. I learned that I can sit without fear when God says sit and wait. That had to be the hardest lesson I've learned so far.

firefly77

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 07:51:05 PM »

M.G., Thank you for sharing. Your story is very similar to mine. It is good to know that God has not singled "me" out to sit and wait. I am learning to accept the place He has put me in, so thankful that He brought me here.
Angie

Sandyk

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 10:34:06 PM »

I spent over 30 years believing (when I happened to be thinking about it) that I needed to stay tuned to the evening news to see when the false prophet, the beast, etc. would be revealed, in other words looking outward for signs and wonders that would signify the last days.

Like some others here I also have experienced from time to time a feeling of being in tune with Him, having my eyes and ears ratcheted opened another notch, feeling a genuine love for my sisters and brothers and a sense of peace that all is well in the walk, that I am on the right path.....

Then the clarity clouds a bit, there is too much noise encompassing me to hear His voice as distinctly as before and my patience dissipates in regard to dealing with people.

It is like walking through the woods where the trail is cleared and easy to follow for a time and then you encounter some rather steep hills, moving past that the way is clear with a pleasant view until the path leads to a mucky swamp full of scorpions, snakes and mud 2 feet deep, suddenly there is a chill in the air and night is about to fall. Getting through this ordeal and taking a rest from the activity morning comes and you see the path continues on high and dry ground in a straight, defined line, it is sunny, warm and life is good. Then as day becomes evening there is a sharp bend in the path, to the left is a cliff that drops 100 feet straight down and on the right are swirling waters splashing on jagged rocks, up ahead you can see the brush and fallen trees that you soon will be dealing with. How much longer must these obstacles be overcome, when will we finally get to our destination?

I think all of us go through these feelings from time to time, this journey is not a flat line experience, there are many peaks and valleys and I really can't wait until we all are truly transformed incorruptible, but patience must be learned, faith must be more fully developed and love must be in our core being as we continue to be refined, being created in His image.

Easier said than experienced!  ;)

The following is from the Lake of Fire Part XIV ("The Beast Within");

THE DAY OF THE LORD AND II THESSALONIANS II

Most of us not unlike the Thessalonians of Paul’s day are aware of a prophetic time spoken by the prophets known as "The Day of the Lord." The Thessalonians knew somewhat of this day and what it portended, as Paul spoke to them earlier about it. Now he has to tell them in this second epistle,

"That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that THE DAY OF CHRIST is at hand" (II Thes. 2:2).

Never forget that Jesus Christ IS ‘The LORD,’ and so the Day of Christ and the Day of the Lord both represent the Son of God.

Notice what Paul had instructed them in his first epistle concerning the coming of the Lord:

"…and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the Living and True God; And to wait for His Son from heaven, Whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come" (I Thes. 1:9b-10).

Paul tells them of his suffering:

"For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain: But even after that we had SUFFERED before, and were SHAMEFULLY ENTREATED, as ye know… with MUCH CONTENTION

(I Thes. 2:1-2). Then Paul speaks of their suffering and the reason for sending Timothy to them:

"That no man should be moved by THESE AFFLICTIONS: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto" (I Thes. 3:3).

Paul states that:

"Therefore, brethren, we were comforted over you in all our AFFLICTION and DISTRESS by your faith" (I Thes. 3:7).

And so Paul tells them of his afflictions, and also acknowledges their afflictions. Again Paul assures these Thessalonians that:

"For yourselves know perfectly that THE DAY OF THE LORD so comes as a thief in the night… For God has NOT appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ" (I Thes. 5:2 & 9).

Well Timothy reported back to Paul that they were having even more tribulations and persecutions to the point that they were thinking that they must be in that period of time of "The Day of the Lord," and that they themselves were suffering wrath from God.

Once more Paul acknowledges these tribulations and suffering:

"So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in ALL YOUR PERSECUTIONS AND TRIBULATIONS THAT YE ENDURE" (II Thes. 1:4).

But rather than wrath from God, Paul assures them that this suffering is really a token of God’s righteous judgment and that God will be punishing those who are persecuting them:

"Which [suffering] is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be COUNTED WORTHY of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: Seeing it is a righteous thing with God recompense tribulation to them that TROUBLE YOU" (II Thes. 1:5-6).

Then Paul gives them one more giant promise of rest from all of these sufferings:

"And to you [and to US as well] who are troubled REST with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction [eonian extermination] from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power; When He shall come to be glorified in His saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) IN THAT DAY" (II Thes. 1:7-10).

And next we come to the Scriptures of our present study. Paul comforts them in their persecutions and tribulations. He assures them that endurance in faith will account the worthy to be in the Kingdom of God, and that they will have rest at the coming of our Lord to be glorified in His saints and admired in ALL THAT BELIEVE. This is the way of the believer leading up to the coming of the Lord and the "Day of the Lord," when all will be changed and glorified. But Paul tells them that that day is not here yet.

Listen carefully: Generation after generation after generation of believers and saints of God have lived, suffered and been persecuted, and then DIED. This "Day of Christ" or "Day of the Lord" not only did not come in their lifetime, but it will not be a reality to any of them WHEN IT DOES COME, unless something else happens in their lives FIRST!

Unless this experience happened to them in their lifetime, whenever they lived, they will not be in the First Resurrection and see the Coming of the Lord in the Day of the Lord. Something had to have happened to them—all of them. Something HAS to happen to YOU—ALL OF YOU who expect to see the Coming of the Lord and the Day of the Lord and be accounted worthy to be in The Kingdom of God. Yes, we already read in II Thes. 1:10, "When He shall come to be glorified in His saints…" And He will be glorified in all His saints at that time, but not unless something has happened in all of His saints FIRST!

Until and unless the thing that I am going to mention next is an accomplished FACT in your PRESENT life, you will not see The Coming of the Lord, neither will you be in the First Resurrection of spiritual rest and glorification. I kid you not, this is deep and heavy stuff!

The entire article is here;  http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

Joe

Hi Joe

I am glad to read your post.  This has been heavy on my mind about not being one of the elect.  I think to myself that I lack the patience to make it.  The beast within me is ever present.  I catch it sometimes but other times I fail and react before thinking about what I am saying or doing and this seems small but it is annoying to fail when you know right from wrong but yet it happens to me often.  Thanks, for sharing your thoughts.

Sandyk

Astrapho

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 07:33:26 AM »

Echoing your thoughts, as we go deeper into the word the more clear it becomes.  As things are more obvious it becomes easier to know and do right.  If we stay in the word it stays simple.  The marvelous thing about Ray is he takes us deeper into the word and makes it clearer.

My thoughts exactly, Charles. :D

Couldn't have put the obstacles thing better myself, Joe. The stage I'm at now, is merely being on the path, looking at those huge obstacles, walking towards it as slowly as I can. When I get there, though... Yikes. I'm such a coward, haha.  :-\

Thanks for sharing, guys.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:34:35 AM by Astrapho »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 23 queries.