bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doing An Assement of Each Gospel: Regarding UR  (Read 6873 times)

Origen II

Doing An Assement of Each Gospel: Regarding UR
« on: June 08, 2006, 03:54:22 PM »

I'm doing a detailed study on each Gospel to see if UR is present. As of right now I have read the entirety of Matthew and see barely any reference to the teaching. There is perhaps only a few passages that can be interpreted as such; such as the debt repayment as well as the "weeds and tares" passage where after the tares are burned the righteouss shall shine forth.

Basically, the purpose of this examination is to see if there is concrete proof within the written Gospels that promotes such a thing. If not, we have to try and see how Paul and some of the other teachers came to their conclusions regarding UR and where they aquired their sources (OT?).

mercie

Re: Doing An Assement of Each Gospel: Regarding UR
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 04:03:33 PM »

Quote from: Origen II
I'm doing a detailed study on each Gospel to see if UR is present. As of right now I have read the entirety of Matthew and see barely any reference to the teaching. There is perhaps only a few passages that can be interpreted as such; such as the debt repayment as well as the "weeds and tares" passage where after the tares are burned the righteouss shall shine forth.

Basically, the purpose of this examination is to see if there is concrete proof within the written Gospels that promotes such a thing. If not, we have to try and see how Paul and some of the other teachers came to their conclusions regarding UR and where they aquired their sources (OT?).

O

If we can look beyond what we see and understand with our carnal mind and eyes all becomes clear.

The Increase comes from within.

Enjoy your digging. :D

Becky

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 04:06:08 PM »

ahhh gassthhappa!

Origen II

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 04:07:01 PM »

Indeed, I agree.

But the problem is that these Gospels were the written accounts of the teachings of Christ and His Death/Resurrection. These were preached to people for the sake of the Kingdom.

Now if we examine such as Matthew, it is hard to find UR present. To not inherit the Kingdom seems to be a permanent travesty, as suggested in Matthew. If this is the case, than when are the wicked accepted or WHERE are they present before God becomes "all in all"?

mercie

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 04:08:55 PM »

Quote from: Becky
ahhh gassthhappa!

Becky

Dont you think it is a little early in the day for Double Vodkas ?

Whats that term the young ones use
Rolling on the Floor Laughing :D

Becky

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 04:10:32 PM »

yea somethings odd with me today!

OH THAT'S WHAT ROTFL MEANS!!!!!!

bobf

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 05:44:12 PM »

Quote from: Origen II
Indeed, I agree.

But the problem is that these Gospels were the written accounts of the teachings of Christ and His Death/Resurrection. These were preached to people for the sake of the Kingdom.

Now if we examine such as Matthew, it is hard to find UR present. To not inherit the Kingdom seems to be a permanent travesty, as suggested in Matthew. If this is the case, than when are the wicked accepted or WHERE are they present before God becomes "all in all"?

It is taught in Luke 3:5-6.

Luke 3:5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways [shall be] made smooth; 6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

Here is another interesting passage

Matthew 21:31 Whether of them twain did the will of [his] father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

The two words "go...before" are translated from ONE greek word that means PRECEDE or LEAD FORTH.  The publicans & sinners will PRECEDE  the Pharisees into the Kingdom.  The publicans and sinners will LEAD the Pharisees FORTH and so the last (publicans) will be first, the first (pharisees) will be last.

God sealed up the meaning of aionion judgment and aionion life (Daniel 12:4) so that only those to whom He gives wisdom will see it.  Don't expect it to be too plain.

love_magnified

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 05:59:35 PM »

Don't forget Mark 9:49

Deedle

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 06:08:54 PM »

The scripture that is used by most to prove ET actually proves UR.

Mat 25:46 (REV)
And, these, shall go away, into, age-abiding, correction, but, the righteous, into, age-abiding, life.

Here is one of my favorites from Luke.

Luk 2:10  
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Deedle  :D

mercie

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 06:18:51 PM »

O

The main message is the GOOD News ( Christ Himself) the ushering In with New , not the understanding of Universal Salvation For all.

Is the Understanding of Universal Salvation a Prerequisite to Eternal Life and Immortality ?

Blessed are those who do understand .

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 07:02:36 PM »

Hehe great verses guys, definately brings new things to light, and new passages to consider.

God bless

Alex

worm

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 07:35:10 AM »

oh...I believe there is a good one in Matthew already:

Matthew 19:25 The disciples were astounded. "Then who in the world can be saved?" they asked.
26 Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." :D

JesusOnly

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 12:28:48 PM »

That sounds like a good study, Origen.

Upon reading this thread, I decided to read the first chapter of Matt.

verse 21 reads:

And she shall bring forth a  son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus (savior) for he shall save his people from their sins.

Jesus was commissioned to save "his" people and I'm going to assume that this has been/will be fulfilled in God's due time.

Paul probably saw a problem with stubborn unbelieving Isrealites, and IF taking this scripture universally about his own people, the Jews, then something didn't add up.  It's probably the reason he recieved revelation knowledge about an "elect", and those "blinded in part" for a season, and  realized there is a plan in God's time concerning his son being the savior of all.

shibboleth

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 01:13:57 PM »

Here's a scripture from Matthew that confirmed UR for me.

Matthew 13:4o-43 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so shall it be in the end of the world. 41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42 and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Can you see it? The tares are gathered and burned; then those of his kingdom are burned. I like the wailing and gnashing of teeth because this is talking about our cleansing in the Lord, not forever punishment. Verse 43 nails it on the head. After all this burning we all enter the kingdom.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.