bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What About My Singing?  (Read 14913 times)

larissa4676

What About My Singing?
« on: June 05, 2009, 05:22:44 AM »

How does one deal with a passion they have for say singing. I used to be a worship leader before I came out of babylon. I feel like I should be doing something, but I feel like singing used to be carnal for me so I haven't done it in over a year. I mean, I still sing around the house, but I won't go to sing at places I've been invited as I don't do the fake worship crap (sorry, but that's what it is to me) anymore. The songs that I write now are nothing that babylon wants to hear. How does one deal with this dilemma? What do the Scriptures say?

Thanks.

Larissa

Roy Martin

Re: What About My Singing?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:26:16 AM »

Hi Larissa,
 I believe that having music in us is a gift and should be used, but I agree that what they do with it in the churches isn't right. As for me, I feel that it doesn't matter where you sing as long as your heart is right and you sing in spirit.
   I tried the church band thing a couple of times and it just never did feel right. You know, I couldn't get in spirit as I saw the politics in all of it.
  I started a post yesterday about all of us forum members and musicians to get together and do it right as we are always talking about how the churches do it wrong. Since everyone is doing it wrong, then why aren't we getting together and doing it the right way?  Well I removed the post for reasons I'm not sure of, but none the less I think it would be good to do that sort of thing. In fact it would be wonderful.
 I will pray more about it and perhaps repost the topic and see what happens.

Roy
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 09:23:49 AM by Roy Martin »

Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 01:41:13 PM »

Hi Larissa,

Is there any way you could put your songs up on maybe YouTube and bring it here for us to enjoy.  We could certainly appreciate you singing talent here  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 06:22:05 PM »

Kat is always so thoughtful and kind in her words. Kat you always make me see and feel things I should have, or think about something in a different way.
 I'm sorry Larissa; I too would love to hear you sing.

Roy

Linny

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 12:29:25 AM »

Wow Kat, great minds and all.  ;)
I would also just love to see you on YouTube!
I have 2 little girl singers and I am hoping to put them on (when I figure it out!  :-[)

larissa4676

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 01:25:29 AM »

What an absolute blessing this thread has been for me...I'm having a hard time typing cuz I can't stop crying. What a wonderful, wonderful ideal Kat! People I could really touch, who would really understand the words and Spirit behind the message of the music...were here the whole time. If you guys could see me. I'm such a baby. Sobbing here. It's just absolutely touched me a more profound way then I can express right now.

Thank you all.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 11:31:05 AM »

Hi Larissa,

I can only imagine how it must feel to have a talent and not seemingly be able to use it.  It is a wonderful thing to be blessed by the Lord and you know He always knew where He was going to carry you with this.  So I hope you can find a way to bring your singing to us, I eagerly await to hear from you  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 11:50:37 AM »

Kat, those words are truer than you may think! When you love to sing and you sing to God, it can lift your spirit high! It's frustrating when there is no outlet!  You see tons of people singing on YouTube, some not so good, others amazing! I think it's a good idea! Larissa, you sing...we'll listen! and maybe we will be singing with you while we watch and listen!!
Kathy :D

meee

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 12:44:34 PM »

Larrisa, Roy M., Kat, Dave from Tenn, everyone, this is an answer to my plea awhile back, God has heard my hearts desire.
                   mee, luvya's all

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 12:52:30 PM »

It is beautiful to sing because it seems to make our hearts into liquid love. Especially if given the tallent to sing, then hearts can also melt when they hear the sounds of a soul singing their hearts out.

Let nothing stand in your way larissa4676

Arc

Roy Martin

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 12:58:57 PM »

I can definitely see God working here and putting something together. I'm on fire for sure. Can anyone else feel this?

Roy

larissa4676

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 01:00:17 PM »

Ok. I've got to get this figured out now. I have a youtube account, FreeJesusNow I've just never used it. I also have a website and the domains FreeJesusNow.com, .net, and .org. I've never used or designed it either. Maybe we can use them in some way. The Free Jesus Now ideal came about because I was just thinking it would be nice to free the name of Jesus from the pimps who hustle the name, turning it into big business. A place where people could exchange giftings or help out someone in need. Not for money tho. I'm so sick of people begging for my money from the pulpit (hummm pit?). I would never do that to anyone else. Any ideals anyone? What could we do with the website FreeJesusNow?

Kat, I think you've stirred something for me. Not sure what, but my feet are tingling. LOL! Thanks everyone!

Larissa

larissa4676

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 01:01:27 PM »

Wow. You all replied while I was typing. Lets do it. FREEJESUSNOW!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »

Have you got the lyrics yet?

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 01:12:34 PM »

I am excited about this! I wish I could contribute in some way, but you know I'll pray! I'll be there with you in spirit! We have some passionate musicians on this forum, wow! It is going to be good!!
Kathy :D

larissa4676

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »

I do have some lyrics but I'm open to more. No music tho. I can only play a teenie tiny bit.

Roy Martin

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »

Larissa its interesting how you chose the words ( one voice) And I (one Spirit)

Roy

bluzman

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 01:32:50 PM »

Hi Larissa,
     I would love to hear you sing girl !!!!  
  Reading through Ray's writing one day, can't remember where, but I was startled to see that Jesus sang!!!!
    Was there all the while, but I didn't see it, along with the many, many other truths.
     Go ahead and touch my heart, throw a few blues notes in there.
       Ches

larissa4676

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 01:46:36 PM »

I know Roy! I've had a vision, even while I was still in babylon. I took on the One Voice from that vision I had of peeps all with one voice, the singers and the musicians were all one voice, which were aligned with the One Voice of God. He is the common thread that same One Voice that created the heaven and earth. In my minds eye I couldn't see anyone particular person not even Jesus, but you could see and feel in spirit the manifestation of His presence if that makes any sense at all. It's like we all were a bunch of little lights who got together and created one big light or voice as it were. Intruments have a voice, a sound as well. It all created something...I just don't know words for it. It wasn't religious. It wasn't church. It was peaceful and joyfull, and loving. You could sense the "thickness" of it all. Almost touching it, but it wasn't physically touchable. Make sense? (smile)

Roy Martin

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 02:14:46 PM »

Wow Larissa, I was there. Thats exactly as it was with me, but still hard to explain. How long ago did you see this? We saw and felt the same thing. Oh! I got that skin crawling thing going on.

Roy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.