bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: good question  (Read 4033 times)

bible man

good question
« on: June 05, 2009, 11:06:48 AM »

Can anybody explain how Moses wrote of his own death?

hillsbororiver

Re: good question
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 11:21:35 AM »

I believe Paul can answer this question;

2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Peace,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.0.html ----

Hi Bibleman,

This is from 'HOW WE GOT THE BIBLE' Mobile Conference 2007.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.msg47181.html#msg47181 ---

So Ezra did a Lot of writing, if he wrote Ezra, Nehemiah, I Chronicles and II Chronicles, they are all about 30 chapters each.  That’s a lot of writing and he did some editing.  The 34th chapter of Deuteronomy is obviously an editorial of Ezra’s, because he’s explaining to people in the future…. how did Moses die?  Moses wrote those books, but he certainly didn’t record his own death.  So there is some editorializing going on.
v
v
Ezra edited some books to make them more understandable.  Example, Deut. 34: 5-12 was added by Ezra.  Moses did not record his own death.
All other periods of canonization are of little importance compared to that of Ezra, who made the final decision on all books.
-----------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 08:21:20 PM »

Hi Kat,

Thanks for the historical perspective from the article, I would like to add that the lives of Moses and Ezra were separated by around a thousand years so obviously this was not written from first hand experience/witness. Even as Ezra had edited earlier writings from others it (the editing) was directed from above (as I am certain you already know and believe).

2Pe 1:21  For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I tend to see the Word not as a compilation of different men/women writing about things they necessarily saw and experienced but rather a seamless communication from the Spirit of God to those whom He has chosen to have eyes to see and ears to hear. It is full of riddles and parables that seem foolish to the wise of the world but infinitely deep to those who desire to be "fools for Christ!"

1Co 3:18  Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

Peace,

Joe

kenny

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 11:59:21 PM »

Kat
Thanks for your reply. There is a wealth of knowledge if one takes the time to really read the links that are given in many of the replies, and post here at BT.

thanks kenny
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.