bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "third day"  (Read 4901 times)

NoviceBeliever

"third day"
« on: June 05, 2009, 12:16:37 PM »

Parallel, understanding things to come...or both?  ??? Pay attention to the "third day" is what is being said to me. Be it all of one? NB

(Gen 1:13 YLT)  And the evening and the morning were the third day.

(Gen 22:4 YLT)  On the third day--Abraham lifteth up his eyes, and seeth the place from afar;

(Gen 31:22 YLT)  And it is told to Laban on the third day that Jacob hath fled,

(Gen 34:25 YLT)  And it cometh to pass, on the third day, in their being pained, that two of the sons of Jacob, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brethren, take each his sword, and come in against the city confidently, and slay every male;

(Gen 40:20 YLT)  And it cometh to pass, on the third day, Pharaoh's birthday, that he maketh a banquet to all his servants, and lifteth up the head of the chief of the butlers, and the head of the chief of the bakers among his servants,

(Gen 42:18 YLT)  And Joseph saith unto them on the third day, `This do and live; God I fear!

(Exo 19:11 YLT)  and have been prepared for the third day; for on the third day doth Jehovah come down before the eyes of all the people, on mount Sinai.

(Exo 19:15 YLT)  and he saith unto the people, `Be ye prepared for the third day, come not nigh unto a woman.'

(Exo 19:16 YLT)  And it cometh to pass, on the third day, while it is morning, that there are voices, and lightnings, and a heavy cloud, on the mount, and the sound of a trumpet very strong; and all the people who are in the camp do tremble.

(Lev 7:17 YLT)  and the remnant of the flesh of the sacrifice on the third day with fire is burnt;

(Lev 7:18 YLT)  and if any of the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace-offerings be really eaten on the third day, it is not pleasing; for him who is bringing it near it is not reckoned; it is an abominable thing, and the person who is eating of it his iniquity doth bear.

(Lev 19:6 YLT)  in the day of your sacrificing it is eaten, and on the morrow, and that which is left unto the third day with fire is burnt,

(Lev 19:7 YLT)  and if it be really eaten on the third day, it is an abomination, it is not pleasing,

(Num 7:24 YLT)  On the third day, the prince of the sons of Zebulun, Eliab son of Helon; --

(Num 19:12 YLT)  he doth cleanse himself for it on the third day, and on the seventh day he is clean; and if he cleanse not himself on the third day, then on the seventh day he is not clean.

(Num 19:19 YLT)  `And the clean hath sprinkled it on the unclean on the third day, and on the seventh day, and hath cleansed him on the seventh day, and he hath washed his garments, and hath bathed with water, and hath been clean in the evening.

(Num 29:20 YLT)  `And on the third day eleven bullocks, two rams, fourteen lambs, sons of a year, perfect ones;

(Num 31:19 YLT)  `And ye, encamp ye at the outside of the camp seven days--any who hath slain a person, and any who hath come against a pierced one, ye cleanse yourselves on the third day, and on the seventh day--ye and your captives;

(Jos 9:17 YLT)  And the sons of Israel journey and come in unto their cities on the third day--and their cities are Gibeon, and Chephirah, and Beeroth, and Kirjath-Jearim--

(Jdg 20:30 YLT)  and the sons of Israel go up against the sons of Benjamin, on the third day, and arrange themselves against Gibeah, as time by time.

(1Sa 20:12 YLT)  And Jonathan saith unto David, `Jehovah, God of Israel--when I search my father, about this time to-morrow or the third day , and lo, good is towards David, and I do not then send unto thee, and have uncovered thine ear--

(1Sa 20:19 YLT)  and on the third day thou dost certainly come down, and hast come in unto the place where thou wast hidden in the day of the work, and hast remained near the stone Ezel.

(1Sa 30:1 YLT)  And it cometh to pass, in the coming in of David and his men to Ziklag, on the third day, that the Amalekites have pushed unto the south, and unto Ziklag, and smite Ziklag, and burn it with fire,

(2Sa 1:2 YLT)  and it cometh to pass, on the third day, that lo, a man hath come in out of the camp from Saul, and his garments are rent, and earth on his head; and it cometh to pass, in his coming in unto David, that he falleth to the earth, and doth obeisance.

(1Ki 3:18 YLT)  and it cometh to pass on the third day of my bringing forth, that this woman also bringeth forth, and we are together, there is no stranger with us in the house, save we two, in the house.

(1Ki 12:12 YLT)  And they come--Jeroboam and all the people--unto Rehoboam, on the third day, as the king had spoken, saying, `Come back unto me on the third day.'

(2Ki 20:5 YLT)  `Turn back, and thou hast said unto Hezekiah, leader of My people: Thus said Jehovah, God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tear, lo, I give healing to thee, on the third day thou dost go up to the house of Jehovah;

(2Ki 20:8 YLT)  And Hezekiah saith unto Isaiah, `What is the sign that Jehovah doth give healing to me, that I have gone up on the third day to the house of Jehovah?'

(2Ch 7:10 YLT)  And on the twenty and third day of the seventh month he hath sent the people to their tents, rejoicing, and glad in heart, for the goodness that Jehovah hath done to David, and to Solomon, and to Israel His people.

(2Ch 10:12 YLT)  And Jeroboam cometh in, and all the people, unto Rehoboam on the third day, as the king spake, saying, `Return unto me on the third day.'

(Ezr 6:15 YLT)  And this house hath gone out till the third day of the month Adar, that is in the sixth year of the reign of Darius the king.

(Ezr 10:8 YLT)  and every one who cometh not in by the third day, according to the counsel of the heads and of the elders, all his substance is devoted, and himself separated from the assembly of the removal.

(Ezr 10:9 YLT)  And gathered are all the men of Judah and Benjamin to Jerusalem by the third day, it is the ninth month, on the twentieth of the month, and all the people sit in the broad place of the house of God, trembling on account of the matter and of the showers.

(Est 5:1 YLT)  And it cometh to pass on the third day, that Esther putteth on royalty, and standeth in the inner-court of the house of the king over-against the house of the king, and the king is sitting on his royal throne, in the royal-house, over-against the opening of the house,

(Hos 6:2 YLT)  He doth revive us after two days, In the third day He doth raise us up, And we live before Him.

(Mat 16:21 YLT)  From that time began Jesus to shew to his disciples that it is necessary for him to go away to Jerusalem, and to suffer many things from the elders, and chief priests, and scribes, and to be put to death, and the third day to rise.

(Mat 17:23 YLT)  and they shall kill him, and the third day he shall rise,' and they were exceeding sorry.

(Mat 20:19 YLT)  and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the nations to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify, and the third day he will rise again.'

(Mat 27:64 YLT)  command, then, the sepulchre to be made secure till the third day, lest his disciples, having come by night, may steal him away, and may say to the people, He rose from the dead, and the last deceit shall be worse than the first.'

(Mar 9:31 YLT)  for he was teaching his disciples, and he said to them, `The Son of Man is being delivered to the hands of men, and they shall kill him, and having been killed the third day he shall rise,'

(Mar 10:34 YLT)  and they shall mock him, and scourge him, and spit on him, and kill him, and the third day he shall rise again.'

(Luk 9:22 YLT)  saying--`It behoveth the Son of Man to suffer many things, and to be rejected by the elders, and chief priests, and scribes, and to be killed, and the third day to be raised.'

(Luk 13:32 YLT)  and he said to them, `Having gone, say to this fox, Lo, I cast forth demons, and perfect cures to-day and to-morrow, and the third day I am being perfected;

(Luk 18:33 YLT)  and having scourged they shall put him to death, and on the third day he shall rise again.'

(Luk 24:7 YLT)  saying--It behoveth the Son of Man to be delivered up to the hands of sinful men, and to be crucified, and the third day to rise again.'

(Luk 24:21 YLT)  and we were hoping that he it is who is about to redeem Israel, and also with all these things, this third day is passing to-day, since these things happened.

(Luk 24:46 YLT)  and he said to them--`Thus it hath been written, and thus it was behoving the Christ to suffer, and to rise out of the dead the third day,

(Joh 2:1 YLT)  And the third day a marriage happened in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there,

(Act 10:40 YLT)  `This one God did raise up the third day, and gave him to become manifest,

(Act 27:19 YLT)  and on the third day with our own hands the tackling of the ship we cast out,

(1Co 15:4 YLT)  and that he was buried, and that he hath risen on the third day, according to the Writings,

And also;

(1Jn 5:7 YLT)   because three are who are testifying in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these--the three--are one;

(1Jn 5:8 YTL)   and three are who are testifying in the earth , the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are into the one.

mharrell08

Re: "third day"
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 01:39:40 PM »

Besides all these verses having the number '3'...

How or in what way are any of these scriptures a 'spiritual match'? (Truth #7  http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm)

How or in what way do any of these scriptures interpret the others? (Truth #9  http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm)

How or in what way is the physical being shown to be a shadow to a higher spiritual truth? (Truth #1  http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm)

How or in what way are any of these scriptures a 'witness' to each other? (Truth #6  http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm)

Is this thread meant to start speculation with leads to unhealthy debate? Does Ray teach on this premise of '3' being some sort of spiritual message throughout these scriptures? Are we here to fellowship on Ray's teachings or to start any/all speculation that leads to no one being edified?

Just a few questions to be considered...

Marques

P.S. These two passages are not in the original manuscripts by the way (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6638.0.html):

1 John 5:7
 in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one

1 John 5:8
 And there are three that bear witness in earth

mharrell08

Re: "third day"
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »

Thanks Marques, am going to think on this some more,  what I was asking is trying to coorelate an understanding of related scriptures, which is something that I am working on...that all is of one. NB   

It's no problem and I want you to know this was in no way to discourage you...but to only help you and all of us stay mindful in our understanding and interpretation of God's Word.

When we fail to use God's spiritual principles to understand the scriptures, we will become lost. This happens to all of us from time to time so this is for all to benefit and not to single out one of our brethren.

Hope this helps,

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.