bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our New Chihuahua "Sandy"  (Read 9747 times)

G. Driggs

Our New Chihuahua "Sandy"
« on: June 05, 2009, 05:41:25 PM »

We recently bought a chihuahua full grown I think, and my what a blessing she has been. She is so bad (he he) I just have to laugh, whereas before I probably would have lost my patience. She is teaching me so much. I used to be scared to death of germs, but not so much anymore. It seems this is kind of a good childlike quality, because I see my children so totally unafraid of anything that touches their hands or face. I still "freak" a little when Sandy licks my youngest daughters face, but then I remember the words of our Lord:

Mat 15:10  And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Mat 15:11  Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12  Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13  But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14  Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Mat 15:15  Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
Mat 15:16  And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17  Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18  But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19  For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20  These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

This is so comforting, and it frees me every time I remember it. I try not to say defiling things anymore, but it still comes out now and then.

I must admit though, I dont fully, completely understand the above verses, and it is something Ive thought about and prayed alot about lately. Maybe someone here can help? If not thats ok, someday maybe God will reveal the full meaning.

Have your pets and children taught you anything concerning "the deep things of God"?

Ninny

Re: Our New Chihuahua "Sandy"
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:03:34 PM »

If there is one thing I can say it is that the people on this forum are mostly animal lovers. Most of us love our pets and have cute stories..I think you'll hear some!! I have 4 cats 4 dogs and some fish! I even have a cat who lives in the house who has earned the nickname El Diablo Gato because in any language he's a wee bit of a devil cat!!! Have fun with your new "baby"!!
Kathy ;)

Oh watch out for Musicman, he may try to sell you something strange for your dog like an enrollment to his Pet Seminary! DON'T BUY IT!!! ;D ;D ;)

musicman

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 08:21:16 PM »

Your dog will speak in tongues.  It will baptise your entire house.  You need my services.  Enrol your pet today in Musicman's Pet seminary.  Because remember, not all dogs go to heaven.

Please do not continue to blame me for my failed pet cemetary business.  I have learned much since then.  For one thing, Satan doesn't take the smell of death from those pets given life there.  Scary stuff.

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 08:25:37 PM »

Well, now I warned you, didn't I?? actually Musicman is harmless, he just is a little, you know (off center)!!
Kathy ;)

G. Driggs

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 05:25:26 AM »

If there is one thing I can say it is that the people on this forum are mostly animal lovers. Most of us love our pets and have cute stories..I think you'll hear some!! I have 4 cats 4 dogs and some fish! I even have a cat who lives in the house who has earned the nickname El Diablo Gato because in any language he's a wee bit of a devil cat!!! Have fun with your new "baby"!!
Kathy ;)

Yes this is something I have noticed about people here. I'm willing to bet that your pets are alot like you in certain ways. It just blew me away to learn about chihuahuas, so very much like my family and I in some unusual ways.

Poor girl was kicked out of at least two homes that I know of, but she has found her real home now.

G. Driggs

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 05:31:00 AM »

Your dog will speak in tongues.  It will baptise your entire house.  You need my services.  Enrol your pet today in Musicman's Pet seminary.  Because remember, not all dogs go to heaven.

Please do not continue to blame me for my failed pet cemetary business.  I have learned much since then.  For one thing, Satan doesn't take the smell of death from those pets given life there.  Scary stuff.

Ha ha, your crazy! I like! Just kidding. You know what? Chihuahuas were used in religious ceremonies long time ago for the abolishment or atonement of sins or something like that. Kinda freaky if you ask me. Anyway thanks for the laugh today, Lord knows I really needed it.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 09:34:30 AM »

Hey G,
I just happened to think about a Chihuahua I once had. He wandered into my yard one day and would just stand at the edge of the yard. If we tried to get near him he would run away. He kept coming back and I started to put some food and water out at the edge of the yard. Each day I brought the food a little closer then one day he came up to me and ate out of my hand! He stayed with me for about 2 years! He was an older dog and one day he went out into the woods and never came back. My little niece who was staying with me at the time he first came up to the yard said, "Look! It's NOQUERO!"  :D He looked like the dog on the Taco Bell commercials, where they said "Yo quiero, Taco Bell!" So our little friend was called Yo Quiero which I'm not very good with Spanish, but I think that means "I want" Ha! I missed little Yo Queiro after he disappeared, but he brought me a lot of smiles while he was with me :)
Kathy :D

meee

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 12:40:59 PM »

Yesterday Elmer called me from work to ask if I still wanted a cat?         I was shocked that he told me about this baby boy.   Now we have a new addition to our home, an 8 week Manx, with just a nub for his tail {a short tail, a rise (known as a “rumpy riser”), I've named him Buster. The name came to me on the way to bring him home. He is apricot with darker stripes, He slept at our feet last night.
           I'm thrilled since I lost my cat during the pet food poisoning a few years back and that was devasting. >:( :(
           I'm happy your pup has found your home G!
                    hugs,meee ;D

Marky Mark

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 05:11:18 PM »

We recently bought a chihuahua full grown I think, and my what a blessing she has been. She is so bad (he he) I just have to laugh, whereas before I probably would have lost my patience. She is teaching me so much. I used to be scared to death of germs, but not so much anymore. It seems this is kind of a good childlike quality, because I see my children so totally unafraid of anything that touches their hands or face. I still "freak" a little when Sandy licks my youngest daughters face, but then I remember the words of our Lord:

Mat 15:10  And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Mat 15:11  Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12  Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13  But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14  Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Mat 15:15  Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
Mat 15:16  And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17  Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18  But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19  For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20  These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

This is so comforting, and it frees me every time I remember it. I try not to say defiling things anymore, but it still comes out now and then.

I must admit though, I dont fully, completely understand the above verses, and it is something Ive thought about and prayed alot about lately. Maybe someone here can help? If not thats ok, someday maybe God will reveal the full meaning.

Have your pets and children taught you anything concerning "the deep things of God"?

George, Jesus always taught to the multitudes and apostles in parables, which Matt15;10-20 represents. As Ray has always stated the bible is one giant parable. The words that Jesus spoke [taught of] are of the Spirit, and not physical-literal.

The parables of Jesus always speak of the Many Called and Few Chosen.

For a better understanding please read Rays paper on Twelve Truths to Understanding His Word http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

Here is an excerpt. Hope this helps.

TRUTH NUMBER 2

[A] "All these things spoke Jesus unto the multitude in PARABLES; and without a parable spoke He not unto them" (Matt. 13:34).
"But without a PARABLE spoke He not unto them…" (Mark 4:34).

[C] "This PARABLE spoke Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which He spoke unto them" (John 10:6).

Jesus taught in parables only, and no one understood His parables, hence Jesus taught in a way that He knew no one would understand His message. This truth of Scripture is so revolutionary to the minds of most Christians that many will think it blasphemy, and yet the Scriptures abound with statements that fully support it.

I heard Matt Crouch (elder son of TBN President, Paul Croach) state on international television that Jesus spoke in parables to make the meaning of His teachings simple and clear and understandable to the simple farmers and uneducated people of Judea. My Wycliffe Bible Dictionary has a similar explanation: "Purpose of parables. The obvious purpose of Jesus’ use of parables was to make spiritual truth clear and compelling." What a crock.

Is anyone interested in what Jesus Himself had to say about His use of Parables? Good. Here it is:

"And the disciples came, and said unto Him, Why do you speak unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but unto them it is not given" (Matt. 13:10-11).

Now then, does anyone see any similarity between "to make spiritual truth clear and compelling," and "…but unto them it is not given?" No? Neither do I. What I see is a diametric opposite. What I see is a flat out contradiction between Christian teachers and the Word of God.

"Jesus spoke in parables to make His quaint little stories clear and understandable to the uneducated farmers of Judea," my foot: "and when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard His parables, they perceived that He spoke of them" (Matt. 21:45). The Chief Priests and Pharisees were generally highly educated people. But even they didn’t know what Jesus’ parables really meant, but they on one occasion at least, "perceived" that Jesus was speaking about them.

So surely, if Jesus’ parables were "clear and compelling" to the uneducated farmers of Judea, then they would be even more so to His own disciples, not?

"Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and His disciples came unto Him, saying, Declare [expound, define, explain] unto us the parable of the tares of the field" (Matt. 13:36).

Even Jesus’ Own disciples had to have these parables explained to them. And just how did Jesus "declare" these parables to His Own disciples? You wouldn’t believe me if I told you. You wouldn’t believe me if I showed you. Okay, here’s how Jesus explained His parable. He explained His parable to His disciples by telling them ANOTHER PARABLE! I told you that you wouldn’t believe me. More on this later.

This is another one of those marvelous spiritual truths of Scripture, which you will never hear explained in the Church. Just what do they teach all these future clergymen in seminary? The fact is, Jesus did not want the people to understand Him and Jesus did not want them to repent and Jesus did not want to spiritually heal or save them. He clearly said so. But why? Because God has a plan that involves calling MANY, but choosing out only a FEW.

Peace...Mark

Linny

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 09:01:09 PM »

I have 2 stories of lessons learned from my oldest daughter.
When she was 5, her dad and I were in the front seat driving somewhere and we were complaining about something a friend had done to us.
Now we had supposedly forgiven this friend this indiscretion at the time.
After a short bit, Evan piped up in the back seat, "a,a,a! Don't talk about that! Jesus told me that you weren't supposed to talk about that! You forgave her so don't talk about it anymore!"
Now, this is my child that never talks back. She has never been one to overstep so we knew this was a message.
You can imagine our shock and utter astonishment! Needless to say, we didn't talk about it ever again.

More recently, last summer, we let the girls go to VBS at a church up the street. We decided they don't talk about hell to the kids and they love the crafts and singing and playing so we let them go.
Evan (age 10) came home one night with a pamphlet they had given her. It had a "lesson" in it. She showed me that they had made 2 statements on one page and given one scripture from Romans. She said, "I don't think this one is true Mommy." It was something about God deserting us. I looked at it and found that they had made the 1st statement and backed it up with Scripture, but then added the 2nd statement with no Scripture.  I told her we would find the truth in the Bible. Sure enough, we looked further into Romans and found a Scripture that was the complete opposite of their second statement!

Rom 8:35,38,39 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or danger or sword? For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Ever since then, I really LOOK hard at what I read or what someone says and see if they are doing that. I have found that the church and preachers do this ALL THE TIME! They are very sneaky! :o >:(

Blessings, Lin

G. Driggs

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 11:03:03 PM »

Thank you Marky Mark, I agree.

Linny, I know what your saying, sometimes kids just understand things easier, without all the dross. They can be very straight forward too. So yes I really try to pay attention to them as well.

Thank you Linny, G.Driggs

kenny

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 11:37:20 PM »

Hey G
i have 4 120 to130 pound german sheperds and they would like to know if your little taco, "opps" they mean't chihuahuas could come over to play?
 Kenny

barrabus

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »

That remindes me... our next door neighbor brought a chihuahua home a few years ago... we were afraid our rottweiller would hurt it because both dogs were very curious and wanted to meet each other (we only have a chain link fence separating our yards)... one day our neighbor was horrified when he saw what appeared to be our dog "eating" his new puppy... he ran into our yard and picked up the poor thing, it was soaking wet... apparently our dog was trying to lick it to death... it's been almost 10 years now and both dogs are still alive and are still friends... old friends I might add...

I have owned two chihuahuas in my life, actually three if you count our family dog when I was a child... I have one suggestion... never let the dog sit on your lap and look out an open window while driving... I know... they love to stick their heads out the window and they will beg, and it's so hard to say no sometimes... same advice about letting a large dog ride in back of a pickup... next time you take a trip on the highway notice how many dead dogs you see on the side of the road... how do you think they got there? ... sorry for being so explicit but it happened to me and I wouldn't want any of you to go through the pain and remorse that I went through...

I love dogs...  I think God put dogs on this earth to teach us how to love... 

Marky Mark

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »

Chihuahua VS Doberman

In this corner... :o :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHCRHPPQDEo

G. Driggs

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 05:30:39 PM »

Hey G
i have 4 120 to130 pound german sheperds and they would like to know if your little taco, "opps" they mean't chihuahuas could come over to play?
 Kenny

Oh my! Thats hilarious! My eyes just about popped out of my head! I have a semi large huskie/rot mix in the back yard and I was actually afraid he might eat her, cause if I were to let Sandy go she would it seems, come right up to him. They havent officially met yet so Im planning that day carefully. 

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »

Hi all,
We have recently had a new addition to our family too. He is called Bobby and is a West highland Terrier and has changed our life already. (feed times....potty times.....bedtimes and early mornings) I thought i was past all that lol.

[IMG]http://i186.photobucket.com
hope this works

Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 05:54:23 PM »

oops  maybe this will work.

Walk in the Spirit

G. Driggs

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 06:08:53 PM »

Hi all,
We have recently had a new addition to our family too. He is called Bobby and is a West highland Terrier and has changed our life already. (feed times....potty times.....bedtimes and early mornings) I thought i was past all that lol.

[IMG]http://i186.photobucket.com
hope this works

Sandie

I hear ya loud and clear. He's a cutie too, hope you are just as blessed with yours as we are with ours.

Love & Peace, G.Driggs

Sandyk

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 09:02:52 PM »

Love the name.  LOL  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.