bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: An invitation to forum musicians  (Read 28469 times)

Roy Martin

An invitation to forum musicians
« on: June 06, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »

I'm a bass player and rhythm guitar, a lot of finger picking. I've been playing for 45 years.
 Can I get anyone interested in something that I think God has laid on my heart?
 It will start with someone making up a simple melody on guitar or keyboards or horn or whatever instrument, it doesn't matter, and pass it on to another musician to add his part of which will be his or hers own feel to it. I know there is an order to recording. We will do it right.
 I have a good friend that owns and operates a pro. recording studio to mix it down. He use to be Buddy Holly's guitar player.
 This has to be something done in spirit, one spirit with many different talents and styles. Vocals and instruments of all kinds.
 Who knows where God will take it if its done with the right heart and intentions to be playing to God. Yea, God likes music or He wouldn't have put it in us.
 Come on someone and many, get with me on this. Lets be the first and only to do it the right way.
Can you imagine how awesome the music will end up with God leading each ones heart as they add their part and feel to it?         (One Spirit)
Peace
Roy

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:50:23 AM by Roy Martin »

EKnight

Re: An invitation to forum musicians
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 11:11:32 AM »

Sounds like a good idea Roy.  Wish I could help but thus far my guitar playing has a long way to go.  My husband said my version of "Wild Thing" is unrecognizable >:(  I just tell him he is tone deaf. 

Good luck with this venture.  I hope you find some takers.

Eileen

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 11:39:21 AM »

Eileen, good comeback!! Tell your husband to BUTT OUT!!  ;D ;D I am laughing!! :D
Roy, I love that idea and would love to see and hear the results!! I ain't good at no kinda playin'! I play a mean stereo, though!  I play the radio pretty well, too! :D There are some musicians on this forum so go for it!
GO GUYS!!
Kathy ;)

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 11:52:53 AM »

Roy:

I saw your initial post go up...and thought what an inspired idea and that the post entitled "But I have choosen you"  was such a great song lyric or reprise. NB

meee

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 12:31:59 PM »

Roy, I can hardly wait for the finished product. Love the idea!!!
        luvya,meee ;)

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 12:51:51 PM »

I saw this 5-6 years ago as I was praying for God to show me His plan for me. It was as if a video was turned on in my head. I could see it as clear as this screen in front of me, but more clearer. It was a band on a stage at night time. I couldn't see any faces, just people playing. I was seeing multiple things at one time.
 Tens of thousands of people with their arms in the air, but not to the band. Clouds were rolling off of the stage, not the fog machine thing, real clouds. Above the stage glowing beyond description was Jesus with arms wide open with all the stars in the sky as His back ground. The music being played was in Spirit led by Spirit. None of that rehearsed stuff with a person being the leader or star. All the way through this vision I kept hearing and seeing the words, ( One Spirit). I know that some might question if it was a vision. Call it what you want. I know what God showed me. It has never left me except for a burning passion to make it happen. Several times I tried to get worldly musicians to get a band together but I was the one as Craig stated, the one trying to lead it and get it going, but each time I would get disappointed. I would pray about it and God would say no, its not time. A combination of topics and the Spirit moving in me says its time now.
  The vision was real, my passion and sincerity is real. This time it is God leading, and me following.
In time I will explain the rest of the vision. For now to all that will be involved, I have to say nothing because God told me to take this step and He will send the musicians that will be in Spirit, One Spirit.
It will not end with one song, I promise.
One Spirit
Roy

larissa4676

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 01:09:39 PM »

I'm in Roy. Singer, song writer. Can't play a lick, but could melt people like butter with a song. As I stated in a post somewhere else, I've been holding on the the website FreeJesusNow.com, .net, .org for a few months. If we could use it in some way, I'm open. Let me know.

Roy Martin

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 01:27:11 PM »

It will take a few days for all the replies and off we go. Praise God!
For those that God will speak to about this can PM me or e-mail me. I will provide my phone # so we can get this going.

Peace
Roy

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »

Always in God's time and for His purpose things come together!! :)
Kathy :D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 02:43:58 PM »

I'll give some prayer as to whether or not to participate.  At present, music is on the side-lines and I'm approaching it very much as I would 'public praying' in that it's not a sin, but it's not the best way to go and contains in it a temptation to sin.

I've left my recording equipment behind, so won't be able to participate that way.  I still have the ability to mix/produce digital tracks and some experience in projects similar to this, so I'm open to that if need be.

I also have a fairly fleshed-out instrumental piece/sketch/demo looking for lyrics and/or additional players.  I know that's not what this idea is about...just throwing that out there.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Martin

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 03:05:59 PM »

Hello Dave,
 Its not for me to nudge you in this direction. It would have to be God that leads you and speaks to you.
As I said somewhere either in my post or Larissa's that this isn't about entertainment or self gain. This is and will be entirely different from anything we have done in music. Its not going to be one bit about us except God working through us with the one spirit talent that He wants us to use in the way He wants us to use it.
  Babylon has to be behind us in this. Nothing can or will be like that of the past in this.
I dont think God wants us to give up our talents because we use to do it wrong.
 Anyone that wants to be involved has got to hear from God about it.
And thank you Dave in any way you can help. I'm waiting for replies which might take a few days.
It cant be just me organizing this. I know and trust that all of this is in Gods hands.

Roy
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:11:03 PM by Roy Martin »

larissa4676

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 03:10:28 PM »

I still wanna know where the Bible says Jesus sang. And who'd he sing too?

larissa4676

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 03:13:37 PM »

Someone posted some where that Jesus sang.

Kat

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 12:39:23 AM »

Hi Larissa,

In Matthew it says Jesus was with the disciples and they "sung a hymn," and we can be quite sure that Jesus sang with them too.

Mat 26:20  When it was evening, He sat at table with the twelve disciples;
Mat 26:30  And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

larissa4676

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 02:04:02 AM »

Well now I'm really in. I am alittle worried about recording anything though. I don't desire to sell music, I know you don't either Roy. I just wanna sing. I wanna share this ability that God has given me....but...I agree with George too. I don't want it to be carnal. I just have to be honest with motives...daily...minute by minute. For now, I'm gonna post a song I wrote today and just leave the rest to God.

Music does amazing things to people. It can also be used for evil. I'm sitting here watching my 1 & 3 year old now. (Although they should've been in bed along time ago) But here is what just happened: My 3yr old just walked in my room and turned on my alarm (which plays music). I didn't even know he could do that. My one year old heard it and came running in the room dancing! That made me remember when they were really small. I mean like just learning to sit up. They would hear music and start bouncing! It was the cutest thing. I remember thinking "How do they know to do that?" How do they know to move and bounce and dance. It's amazing! How do their little minds know to try to dance when they hear a beat? idk.

Thanks be to God...
Larissa

Ninny

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 02:42:11 AM »

Larissa, You are right about the music doing things to people. Sometimes you can reach a difficult child through music. Music touches something deep inside. Babies instinctively move to the rhythm. I have a 10 month old grandson whose face lights up when the music comes on. Sometimes the tv is on and the show Little Einsteins comes on, they use the music of the classical composers on that show and it gets his attention immediately!

My two year old grandson showed us he was coming back to us from his brain tumor surgery suddenly one night about two weeks out from the surgery we were watching the movie Madagascar and the silly song "I Like to Move It" was playing and he got down in the floor and was dancing!! He called each one of us to dance with him!! I've told it before, but there was a lot of dancing, crying and singing going on that night!! I have that song as a ringtone on my cell phone as a reminder of the joy of music!

Music is so important for healing, and touching and reaching out. Music means a lot of things to a lot of people, but it is clear to see that God gave us music for a reason. It lifts you up, it inspires you, and it heals you!!

The Bible tell us that the morning stars sang together!!
Kathy  :D

larissa4676

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 03:54:53 AM »

Wow Kathy. What a touching story! In my minds eys I'm seeing and hearing that song and I know exactly what your talking about.

I'm hoping to up load something to youtube tomorrow. Just vocals. No music for now.

Thanks again Kathy.

Larissa

Roy Martin

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 08:14:47 AM »

Rom 15:9 YLT)  and the nations for kindness to glorify God, according as it hath been written, `Because of this I will confess to Thee among nations, and to Thy name I will sing praise,'

(1Co 14:15 YLT)  What then is it? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray also with the understanding; I will sing psalms with the spirit, and I will sing psalms also with the understanding;

(Heb 2:12 YLT)  saying, `I will declare Thy name to my brethren, in the midst of an assembly I will sing praise to Thee;' and again, `I will be trusting on Him;'

(Jas 5:13 YLT)  Doth any one suffer evil among you? let him pray; is any of good cheer? let him sing psalms;

(Rev 5:9 YLT)  and they sing a new song, saying, `Worthy art thou to take the scroll, and to open the seals of it, because thou wast slain, and didst redeem us to God in thy blood, out of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation,

(Rev 14:3 YLT)  and they sing, as it were, a new song before the throne, and before the four living creatures, and the elders, and no one was able to learn the song except the hundred forty-four thousands, who have been bought from the earth;

(Rev 15:3 YLT)  and they sing the song of Moses, servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, `Great and wonderful are Thy works, O Lord God, the Almighty, righteous and true are Thy ways, O King of saints,

(Rev 5:9 YLT)  and they sing a new song, saying, `Worthy art thou to take the scroll, and to open the seals of it, because thou wast slain, and didst redeem us to God in thy blood, out of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation,

(Rev 14:3 YLT)  and they sing, as it were, a new song before the throne, and before the four living creatures, and the elders, and no one was able to learn the song except the hundred forty-four thousands, who have been bought from the earth;

(Rev 15:3 YLT)  and they sing the song of Moses, servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, `Great and wonderful are Thy works, O Lord God, the Almighty, righteous and true are Thy ways, O King of saints,

Roy Martin

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 09:00:23 AM »

Larissa,
This post has been read 135 times and you are the only one so far that has agreed to get involved.
  This is in no way about money or personal gain. Its about the music in us, singing psalms with a joyful noise, and sharing it with the forum.
  Larissa if no one wants to get involved with you and me then we will do it by ourselves. You sing and I'll do three instruments and my friend Larry who owns the studio and ex Buddy Holly guitar player can add some tracks. The thing is, I really thought that all these people that put down the churches doing it wrong would have jumped right in with us by now, but as I told you yesterday that God will be teaching us something in what we are about to do.
 Perhaps I'm getting in too big of a hurry.
I know that God is leading us Larissa in this, sooo I need to be patient.
Come on all you musicians, get out of the flesh and into the Spirit.
 Yesterday I told Dave that its not for me to nudge him into this, but maybe I was wrong. We all need a little push sometimes to get going. Its just that I would rather let God do the nudging, but sometimes He does that through people doesn't He?  Perhaps I get get some encouraging words from members to get others involved.
Roy

« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:49:32 AM by Roy Martin »

Roy Martin

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 10:11:32 AM »

The way this will work is when the Cd comes to you, you listen and work up your part the way you feel it and hear it. Take to someone that can record your part to it and pass it on to the next person. Just about all you musicians know someone that has recording equipment. I'm looking to do at least six songs. When its finished, we will share it with the forum.

Peace & Love
Roy
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:31:11 PM by Roy Martin »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.