bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: An invitation to forum musicians  (Read 28448 times)

Roy Martin

Re: An invitation to forum musicians
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2009, 06:42:20 PM »

Thank you Crystal. I would love to read the words inspired by the Spirit that you have wrote.
Claudia, a.k.a. C.J. Wood suggested to me a few days ago this very idea to search all the post and replies as so many are very spiritually inspired and wonderful, poetic and lyrical, trials and journeys, testimony's and words of wisdom and wit. Its all here. Song titles and ideas are beyond measure. Truth and understanding.
 Check out some of hillsbororivers post. He's a poet and don't know it.
 Dont worry, you and no one will ever be putting me on the spot. This project isn't about that. Its about capturing the spiritual heart such as yours and anyone else here that wants to get involved, or just be a part of the fellowship.
 I started the invitation but I am not the leader. All of us are simply being led by the spirit just as you are.

Peace & love
Roy

Roy Martin

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2009, 06:49:16 PM »

Thank you Judy.
Its just where ever God leads it and I will follow, but its like you said," motives being pure" as is the case.

Peace
Roy

larissa4676

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2009, 11:08:08 PM »

Crystal and Claudia your ideals are absolutely wonderful. There are enough truths on this forum and in Rays papers and in the word to keep us busy for many eons. LOL! Judy I like your "pure motives" part. I know that you are right and I believe we wil all leave this up to God.

I excited about the next gathering. I'll be back in town the 27th and I'm open after that so just let me know when. By the way, God has been sharing and showing such awesome revelations and truth to me in His word lately. The forum has been a safe haven for me. Although I get bumps and bruises here, the Lord has grown me up in so many areas of my life by giving me the refuge and place of learning. I'm so very thankful to you all. Sorry, I know I got off subject. I'm just so thankful for what we have here.

Larissa

crystal

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2009, 12:26:11 AM »

Hi Roy, Claudia, and Larrissa

Great idea! You are right, its all here. A wealth of inspiration, exhortation, edification, consolation, faith, hope, and love!
For my part if any I will continue to post on the poems and inspirational board. Use what ever you can as the Lord leads.
So cool!   To Christ be the Glory both now and forever!   
Crystal

Roy Martin

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »

We will probably be meeting again, hopefully in the first week of July.
 It would be great to see other members show up just for fellowship and see how music comes together.
Don't miss out, be there if at all possible.

Peace
Roy

larissa4676

« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2009, 03:40:07 PM »

Yes, anyone who would like to come and fellowship with us, please do...as the Lord leads you. We can even car pool if need be. We'll have plenty of fiddles (LOL). What I meant was food and amazing fellowship. Both Roundbelly and Roy shared their testimony last time and it was of course...priceless. Thanks be to God.

Lord Bless.
Larissa

bluzman

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2009, 04:09:59 PM »

Wish I could have been there!!! Play a few tunes myself.
I'm in the land of ice and snow, too far away.
Y'all got a great thing going there. Can't wait to hear some of your stuff.
Bluzman

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2009, 08:20:51 PM »

Not that I can come, but I've maybe missed any info about where this gathering is taking place.

Still have a piece that could be of use as a basic track...just bass, drums, and some keyboards doing the chord-work.  If you want to hear it, let me know and I'll post it up somewhere.  It could be edited to fit whatever 'song' comes up from it, and tracks could be added or removed since I still have the project in seperate tracks.  All in .wav format right now, but I could post the demo in a streamable/compressed format.

If you want six, this might be one of them.  I've also got other 'instrumentals' that I'd be happy to turn over to a lyricist/singer. 

Very unlikely I'll be able to go anywhere in person (unless ya'll are close to west tennessee) but I've done a bunch of songwriting/recording collaborations over the internet.

Shout if any of that is of any interest.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Martin

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2009, 08:30:39 PM »

Ive been waiting on you Dave.
 Yes to all of your offer. We need you, and all that your willing to share, or get involved in.
I'll hook you up with Noel since he has all the recording equipment. I'll PM you his phone #
 We will be meeting in Mesquite TX. hopefully in the first week of July.

Brothers in Christ
Roy

larissa4676

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2009, 09:33:44 PM »

Dave in Tenn: Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »

Man I wish I still had my sax!! UHHHH!!!
You guys are only like 4 hours from me!!

I'm glad you guys had a good fellowship! ;D

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

cjwood

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2009, 09:20:18 PM »

does anyone have a sax they can loan to antaiwan?

claudia

Akira329

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2009, 10:56:24 PM »

Claudia your so awesome!
Thanks! ;D

Antaiwan
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Roy Martin

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2009, 09:51:35 AM »

I love the sax.
 Do what you can Antaiwan to get one. If its Gods will, then He will provide one.
I have always thought Pink Floyd to be an awesome band. They dont do anything fast. No speedy guitar riffs. I love that song they do with the sax solo. Awesome.
Roy

larissa4676

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2009, 12:37:36 PM »

Must...find......s..ax. Must....find....s...a...x. Antaiwan it would be AWESOME! I really enjoy the sax! My son plays an alto sax. Hey! I bet we could rent one! Which do you prefer? Look into that would you? Let me know costs and such. I look into it here on the Dallas end and see what I can find for you...

Whoot! Whoot!

Where are my manners? Hey EVERYONE! Hello Dare!

Larissa

Akira329

« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »

Your son plays Alto!! Cool!! I play Alto!
I'm not sure the cost to rent but I'll look up.
I rather not play a rented horn anyway unless its a professional model.
But not likely.
I'll check around here and see!
My brother has my old horn which was my first, I doubt its in working condition.
It would be so great to get another sax! Get my axe back and chop some heads off!!LOL

Antaiwan
-Albert Einstein
- Jesus

Marky Mark

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »

I love the sax.
 Do what you can Antaiwan to get one. If its Gods will, then He will provide one.
I have always thought Pink Floyd to be an awesome band. They dont do anything fast. No speedy guitar riffs.
I love that song they do with the sax solo.
Awesome.
Roy

Is this the one your talking about Roy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HmSiNRoADA

Mark

Roy Martin

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2009, 08:45:50 AM »

Thats a good one Mark. The sax player Im talking about, has long blond hair though.
 You have me looking for it now.

Roy

larissa4676

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2009, 02:29:39 AM »

Hey Roy,

I'm back and ready to go.

Blessings.

Larissa

Roy Martin

« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2009, 11:55:16 AM »

This show was put on in the church I left. I was there. These guys grew up in this church. The music seemed awesome. They perform there once a month.
 Is there something wrong with this.? The light show, the lyrics. I ask because I don't know. It feels to me that performing like this is OK as long as the heart and intentions are right, but I don't have enough wisdom to know. My heart says something, but I don't always trust my heart. I have been fooled too many times.
 I don't know if performing this way is about worship or just performance. These guys love and are as good of guys as you can meet. They seem very passionate about God.
This link isn't about teaching, its just another music link. Excellent musicians and song writing.
What do any of you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nii4vfzo7Fw&feature=PlayList&p=A95A8B670BBB82D6&index=13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw8B0DTcegY&feature=related
 Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 01:38:48 PM by Roy Martin »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.