bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Who CAN Be Saved?"  (Read 5213 times)

daywalker

"Who CAN Be Saved?"
« on: June 06, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »

Matthew 19:25 Now, hearing it, the disciples were tremendously astonished, saying, "Who, consequently, can be saved?"

If you were to ask a Christian this same question, Who can be saved?, their response would be, "Anyone who repents and accepts Christ as their Savior before they die, is saved." If this were true, then in the very next verse, we would hear this same answer from our Savior Himself, as His disciples just asked the question... So, let's see what Jesus' answer is:

26 Now, looking at them, Jesus said to them, "With men this is impossible, yet with God all is possible."

WOW! Here Jesus has the opportunity to 'tell it like it is'. To destroy all false teachings of who can and cannot be saved, and how. And what does He say? ... "WITH GOD ALL IS POSSIBLE"!!

That's Christ's answer! That's the Truth. And yet anyone who shouts this Truth out loud is hated and spit upon, and cursed, and damned!!

Galatians 4:16 Have I become your enemy because I tell you the truth?

- Daywalker.  8)

mharrell08

Re: "Who CAN Be Saved?"
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 04:58:31 PM »

Matthew 19:25 Now, hearing it, the disciples were tremendously astonished, saying, "Who, consequently, can be saved?"

If you were to ask a Christian this same question, Who can be saved?, their response would be, "Anyone who repents and accepts Christ as their Savior before they die, is saved." If this were true, then in the very next verse, we would hear this same answer from our Savior Himself, as His disciples just asked the question... So, let's see what Jesus' answer is:

26 Now, looking at them, Jesus said to them, "With men this is impossible, yet with God all is possible."

WOW! Here Jesus has the opportunity to 'tell it like it is'. To destroy all false teachings of who can and cannot be saved, and how. And what does He say? ... "WITH GOD ALL IS POSSIBLE"!!

That's Christ's answer! That's the Truth. And yet anyone who shouts this Truth out loud is hated and spit upon, and cursed, and damned!!

Galatians 4:16 Have I become your enemy because I tell you the truth?

- Daywalker.  8)

Funny, I was just thinking of this same passage yesterday evening...very simple but yet profound. Salvation is of God not man...mankind cannot save themselves. He either IS the Savior of the world or He's not. Etc, etc...

All part of the good news but those who claim to follow look at you like you've lost your mind when you tell them....that's what gets me, the way people just get utterly disgusted with you for believing in the truth. It's not like you go handing out cards and pamplets with a great trumpet, you simply answer a question. And they can't STAND YOU FOR IT! Absolutely amazing...

John 16:2  They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Matt 10:22, Mark 13:13, Luke 21:17  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake...

Who would believe it...the greatest news in the history of the UNIVERSE would cause people to look and treat you like you committed the worst crime in the world.

Isa 53:1  Who hath believed our report?..

Rom 10:16  But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Ah well...just had to vent, get that off my chest  :D

Marques

bunnylife

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 05:22:20 PM »

I was reading part 5 of LOF last night. I was thinking about that today.. Christ's answer and God's Great Commission.

Job 42:2 (Young's Literal Translation)

2Thou hast known that [for] all things Thou art able, And not withheld from Thee is [any] device:

The Great Commission

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent [Gk: apostello, to send out on a mission—commission]  TO BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD" (I John 4:14)

John 3:17 (New International Version)

17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Yes the church thinks you are crazy (or worse) for believing this and gets angry.

Matthew 5

48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Bunni  :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:42:58 PM by bunnylife »

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 07:01:08 PM »

This is one of those papers Ray wrote that needs reading and listening on audio many times. (All three headed monsters) , Us, ;D need to know these Truths. There is comfort and assurance here, when the furnace is burning at it's hottest. Because, that is when the deepest and most difficult refining process is being carried out in us.

Why would i want to contemplate or learn any other thing outside of The Scriptures or real science. Been there done that, and thanks be To GOD And our Lord Jesus Christ, things are really falling into place for me, right where THEY Put them from the beginning.

Excerpt from: What Is The Gospel Of The Kingdom?  

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.msg49583.html#msg49583

The Image Of God

He is creating, not created - finished - done.
If God created (ed - past tense) man in His image, why oh why did he sin?  Think about it, are we saying that the image of God is a sinning image?  How could the very image of God, sin?  Well that’s what they say, they say he (Adam) was perfect.

One day Copeland said, Adam was so glorified, so majestic, so spiritual that you couldn’t see his body.  That he glowed like a white star.  He was so glorious you couldn’t even see his body, that’s how glorious he was before he sinned.  Well why did he sin?  How could anything so God-like sin?  Because he wasn’t God-like at all!  He was as carnal as any slob who has ever drawn breath.  That’s why he sinned.  

So this is the plan of God, He is making children in His very own image.  We are going to be like God. We are going to be God’s children.  You know what children are like.  So we’ll be like God, if we’re going to be the children of God.  We’re going to be like Christ.  Christ is called God and we are going to be brothers and sisters.  We’re going to be sons of God.

UNDERSTANDING THE BOOK

If we don’t understand that God never intended for the masses of humanity to understand this Bible, then we won’t understand this book.  This is not a book written to be understood.  Human intellect will not allow you to understand this book.  You can learn a lot about it, where and how it was written, the culture, the history and you can memorize it.  

You can be like Jack Van Impe and I don’t know he says he’s memorize 25,000 verses or whatever.  But he has not a clue as to what the gospel is, not a clue.  I don’t mean to pick on people.  James Kennedy speaks Greek and Hebrew fluently and has not a clue as to what the gospel is.  I’m serious, not a clue.  You say, ‘oh well he doesn’t have it quite down yet.’  No, not a clue, he has not a clue.  

If you think God is going to torture most of humanity for all eternity, then you have not a clue as to what the gospel is… you have not a clue as to what Jesus Christ is… you have not a clue as to what God the Father is.  Not a clue.  You can not say in the same breath that God is love and God tortures most of humanity for all of eternity.  You can’t say that!  That is as opposite as God and Satan, to say that.  Yet this is fundamental Christianity... God is love… God will torture most of humanity in real fire for all eternity.  It’s insane!  If you can’t see that that is insane, if you just sit there and say, ‘well I don’t know Ray, it makes sense to me.’  Then you will never understand this book.  You just will never understand this book.  

This book was written so that nobody could understand it, until God picks somebody out and says I want you to understand this book and I’ll show you how to understand it.  That’s the only way.  He’s got to pick you out and open up your mind or you will never understand this book.  This book is written in all kinds of symbolism, figurative language, types, figures, images, examples, analogies, parables, metaphors and people think all those things are literal.  That is confusion.  That’s why the church is confused.  That’s why there are supposedly 3000 Christian denominations in the world, because they don’t understand any of this stuff.

Jesus Christ said to His Apostles, to you it is given to understand, but to them it is not given to understand.

Mark 4:11  And he said unto them, Unto you is given the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all things are done in parables:
Mar 4:12  that seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand;

To you it is given, to them it’s not given.  There’s you and there’s them and that’s just the way it is and the way it will be until the close of the age.

george. ;D

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:04:34 PM by aqr »

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 08:24:57 PM »

As Adam was, so were we; As Jesus Christ Is, so are we in Spirit now.

1Jn 4: 13-21 (CLV)
13 In this we know that we are remaining in Him, and He in us, for He has given us of His spirit."
14 And we have gazed upon Him, and are testifying that the Father has dispatched the Son, the Saviour of the world."
15 Whoever should be avowing that Jesus is the Son of God, God is remaining in him, and he in God."
16 And we know and believe the love which God has in us. God is love, and he who is remaining in love is remaining in God, and God is remaining in him."
17 In this is love perfected with us, that we may have boldness in the day of judging, seeing that, according as He is, so are we also in this world."
18 Fear is not in love, but perfect love is casting out fear, for fear has chastening. Now he who is fearing is not perfected in love."
19 We are loving God, for He first loves us."
20 If anyone should be saying that "I am loving God,and should be hating his brother, he is a liar; for he who is not loving his brother whom he has seen can not be loving God Whom he has not seen."
21 And this precept have we from Him, that he who is loving God may be loving his brother also."

george ;D.

G. Driggs

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 08:35:30 PM »

So very true what you all have posted here. Although I have yet to experience the hate (persecution) to the degree you all have, Im sure sooner or later I will, God willing of course.

This brings to mind what our Lord said about being hated for telling the Truth.

Joh 15:18  If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Luk 6:22  Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

1Jn 3:13  Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

Blessings of Love from Above, G.Driggs

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.