bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coat of Many Colors  (Read 5616 times)

Saved4

Coat of Many Colors
« on: June 08, 2006, 06:46:14 PM »

Can someone elaborate on the spiritual significance of the coat of many colors.

Beyond any contextual understanding, nothing. The main reason I asked the question is , As I was reading Rays material he responded to someone about a "stupid" question, and he said "I will not even tell you what the spiritual significance of the coat of many colors is" but it was unrelated to the guys question. However it made me wonder, hmmm what is Ray talking about.

Becky

Coat of Many Colors
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:48:52 PM »

well i dont want to sound condecending.. what do you know about it allready?

(i'll probably check back in later tonight,...gotta leave the office)

shibboleth

Coat of Many Colors
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 08:15:57 PM »

This is a preliminary study, but some things are coming to my mind.

After Adam and Eve sinned, God made coats for them. Gen. 3:21 Unto Adam also and his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them. So here we have blood sacrificed (the animals slayed) for sins.

In Genesis 37 Joseph is given a coat of many colors by his Father. His brothers strip him of his coat and dip it in blood to try and cover their sin to their Father. sounds like how Adam and Eve tried to cover up thir sin to their heavenly Father. In verse 20 I noticed the brothers were trying to find a reason for their brother death and said: "An evil beast has devoured Joseph." This sounds similar to Adam and Eve denying any accountability for thir sins.

I will keep looking into this, but this is all I have for now.

Saved4

Re: Coat of Many Colors
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:27:48 PM »

Quote from: Saved4

Beyond any contextual understanding, nothing. The main reason I asked the question is , As I was reading Rays material he responded to someone about a "stupid" question, and he said "I will not even tell you what the spiritual significance of the coat of many colors is" but it was unrelated to the guys question. However it made me wonder, hmmm what is Ray talking about.

I mean covering our sins etc... I understood,

Becky

Coat of Many Colors
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 10:21:17 AM »

from what i have gathered, the coat represents the elect.  

The rainbow surrounding the throne in revelations represents the angels (messengers) a.k.a. the elect.

Joseph has been set apart from his brothers as special and chosen.  

When we are offended of the "cross" of Christ, we are trading our birthright (coat of many colors/ electhood) for a bowl of pottage (because be are not doing what Christ says, so we are then against him)

joseph is the elect, the prodigal son is too... (he is given a coat by his father and the older son is jealous like josephs brothers too)

let me know if this is confusing (the way I worded this)

Saved4

Re: Coat of Many Colors
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 03:10:48 PM »

Quote from: Saved4

Ray actually replied to this email. Thanks Ray, here was his reply to my question,

Date:  Friday, June 9, 2006 4:17 AM  
To:  Marshall <saved4thejourney@charter.net>  
Subject:  Re: coat of many colors  
Size:  4 KB  

-------------- Original message --------------

Ray,

Thank you for sharing with the world. I as well believe what you do. I have a question, from one believer to another, What was the spiritual significance of the " coat of many colors that joseph recieved from his father"

Thank you,

Marshall

The robe of many colors significes Jacob's pride in his son Joseph.  It would STAND OUT wherever he went.  Likewise, God has given us a coat of many colors--marvelous truths of His Word and His purpose.  We are not to put that coat in the closet, but wear it, so as a light set on a hill, cannot be hid, but gives light (spiritual light) to all who come close to it.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.