bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello From Mexico  (Read 8026 times)

MePogo

Hello From Mexico
« on: June 08, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »

Hello Everyone.  I am "re-newed" to the site but haven't been here for some time.  My position and belief haven't wavered since I first read and prayed on the good news I learned from Ray's hard work over the years.  I know in my heart, and this is backed by scripture, that God is Almighty, not a loser or a terrorist.  He would never allow one of His children to be burned in the supposed hell as demons chew on them.  Sadly, I spent much of my life believing that this was the automatic result of sin.  Enough to make me wish I had never been born.  I still can't help but wonder, after so much reading and learning, how the church can hand out the brainwashing to their flock.  Haven't the pastors and priests really read the Bible? 

I am an American from Virginia who lives full time in a small fishing village in Mexico with my husband of 40 years.  I was so sad to learn that Ray is suffering from the same diagnosis my husband received in January of this year....metastasis to bone.  He went through radiation therapy but, like Ray, decided that his future was in the hands of God, not in chemotherapy.  So we wait and I pray a lot.  The good side of this is that my husband was "lukewarm" in his interest in discussing faith and Christianity and Ray's work.  Now, he has grown so much in spirituality.  Guess the expression "no athiests in a fox hole" applies here.  He at least wants to believe. 

I don't have a lot of "like-minded" friends when it comes to my non-traditional views on Christianity so I find myself biting my tongue or "casting pearls before swine."  Sometimes I just can't seem to help myself.  So I need to reinvolve myself with this forum.  I'm still learning and can't add a great deal to the wealth of knowledge here but love to read all you say.  From what I see, you are all a great, active group.

A big hug to all the names I remember from some time ago and for new friends I'm reading, I look forward to hearing more.  Well, guess I can consider myself introduced ;)

Pogo

meee

Re: Hello From Mexico
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 08:32:46 PM »

Greetings to you MePogo!!
                     I go by the name meee here in the forum.    So glad you are returning.
                     I used to live in Yorktown ,Va.  Are you from any where near there?       
                     Anyway, it's good to meet you. I shall go now, as I've been have a lot of trouble with my computer and the screen keeps going black and driving me nuts.
                     Hugs and luv,meee ;)

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:25:43 PM »

Welcome MePogo! I have not quite been a member of the forum for one year. But, the people here are wonderful and kind. Also, we are so blessed to have such a great family in Christ and Ray as our teacher.

In His Love,
Marlene

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 11:23:33 PM »

Welcome (back) Pogo.  I am looking forward to continued fellowship.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

kenny

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 11:41:38 PM »

Welcome Home
Kenny

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 11:56:14 PM »

Hi Pogo,

Good to have you back, sorry i missed you first time around. Have you learned to speak the language yet.

(la pregunta es solo para mi informacion) ???, i am originally from Belize, long time ago.

george. :)

gmik

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 12:10:00 AM »

Helo Pogo....I do remember you, so long ago that I think we were on another site also!!  I am so glad to hear a little bit about you, as I recall you had some health issues too.  I hope resolved.  I am so sorry to hear about your hubby...well God Willing, he and Ray will live out many more years.  do keep us informed.

love,
your sister in christ,
gena

Kat

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 12:38:11 AM »

Hi Pogo,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
Even though we come from different parts of the world we are united here at the forum by the truth.  We all seem to crave fellowship with like minded people and the forum serves that purpose for us very well.  I will give you some links so you can check out what we have here.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ellie

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 01:44:28 AM »

Hi Pogo,
            I would like to welcome you back as well.There are a number of people who have been away from the forum for some time rejoining.Lovely to see.It is a lonely walk at times.The more I learn the wider the gap between the carnal and spiritual becomes.We can all give thanks for the companionship here,big time.
                    Peace....Ellie..

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 02:56:12 AM »

hola mepogo,
welcome back to the laid back Living room. what is the name of the little fishing village you are living in? my daughter was married on new year's eve 2007 in san miguel de allende. she and her husband got engaged in tulum, and they go back there quite often. i can't wait to be able to go there with them. but enough about that. i am sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis. i will pray for him and for you, that our Abba Father will comfort you with His mercy and grace. coming back to the forum is surely of God, and i pray He will reveal His Truths to your husband. stand strong in your faith mepogo and know for a surety that God's plan and purpose for you and your husband is perfect, eventhough we are not.

love in Christ,
claudia

MePogo

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 04:35:49 AM »

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.  I'm so happy to be back with the group that became family to me.  Wow, reading through posts, I see a lot of real, live thinking folks here.  Once you hear the truth, it's there forever.  I believe that Christ said that we that are of his flock know his voice.  Yep, it's true!  I need to download e-sword again (newer computer) cause I'm terrible at quoting scripture without it.

Just to answer a question or two, I'm 3 hours south of Nogales, AZ, then west to the Gulf of California in a village called Bahia de Kino.  I live in the old section of the village, surrounded by Mexican people who are now my friends.  There is a gated American community and beautiful homes a few miles north but I prefer the "wrong side of the tracks" so to speak.  I've learned to speak a bit of Spanish....I call it "survival Spanish" where I just throw English in when I don't know the word.  If you tie my hands, I couldn't talk at all.  This five years here has been full of culture shock and quite an adjustment but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Before moving here, we visited a lot of the country and I went through San Miguel de Allende...what a beautiful place!  I've had troubles like all of us do but I'm so blessed.  I have no idea why I'm here but I'm here and I'm happy.

Love, hugs and blessings to all
Pogo

Marky Mark

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »

Welcome back Sister Pogo :),looking forward to your fellowship.

Peace...Mark

Linny

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 12:32:56 PM »

Welcome back Pogo! I have a friend moving to Mexico this fall with her Mexican husband and 3 daughters.
I also have many roots in VA. I lived my whole life in KY but my mom is from VA and her family is all still there.
We visit every year and I have always had a secret wish to live there! Are you familiar with Staunton?
Glad to have you back with us!

Blessings, Lin

iris

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 09:57:46 PM »

Hi Mepogo,

Welcome back!!!

Iris

cherokee

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 10:06:54 PM »

Hey Mepogo,

Welcome back.

Suzie

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 06:49:40 PM »

Welcome back Pogo!

It sure has been a while since we heard from you, my apology for being so late in welcoming you in your return.

I remember you going all the way back to the old "yahoo forum" days and the difficulties you sometimes had with dial up connections sometimes not being available in your part of the world, also you were always encouraging to others (myself included) with empathy and understanding. Hope you stick around and continue to add compassion and mercy to our fellowship.

I am sorry to hear about your husband's condition but most everyone at some point will sacrifice physical health and/or well being for a better spiritual condition. He must feel a certain connection to Ray and how he is dealing with his present afflictions as well.

Peace to you Sister,

Joe

G. Driggs

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 07:30:04 PM »

Hi MePogo, welcome back home! :D

Peace & Love, G.Driggs

acomplishedartis

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 04:37:13 AM »

Hola MePogo

I saw your post the other day and decide to stop by to say hi. It seems like you have been thinking on these truths for a while, I already have a couple years studying I also have a good friend whom i see often living a couple hours from here whit whom we share these truths, when you talked about a 'culture shock' i think i might have a good idea of what you mean even when that words are too wide for interpretation, i hope you still strong and secure on your believes.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:08:19 PM by moshe »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.