bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Weak Man  (Read 6725 times)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
A Weak Man
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:58:37 AM »

I thought I was a strong man.
I have been describe as a weak man.
I thought I stood up for what is right.
I been told that is my weakness.
I thought my life was headed in a good direction.
I been told that it has not been managed properly.
I thought I was leading a friend to the truth.
I been told that I was the obstacle to the truth.
I thought I loved with all my heart.
I been told that was my weakness.
I thought I loved pure.
I been told I only gave in to temptation.

I have never felt so low as I do now.
I must be a weak man.

Seems better if its written in the form of a poem
But I guess that could make me a weak man too!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Robin

Re: A Weak Man
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 07:42:13 AM »

2 Corinthians 12:9-11 (New International Version)
9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:49:43 AM »

Hi Antaiwan,

I guess it can be really hard to see where God is leading you and why.  Of course you know you are exactly where Christ wants you to be.  You really can't expect that those still in the world would understand you. 

John 17:14  I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
v. 15  I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
v. 16  They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

Try to keep your chin up, if the world is disapproving that should be considered a good thing.  Christ is taking you where He knows you need to go to teach you as He sees fit.  Just do the best you can do.  My prayers are with you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 10:59:25 AM »

Antaiwan, I feel for you brother.God is in control. Spirit is Life,flesh is death.Only by the Grace of God can we become what our Lord wants us to be.

Romans 8   
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Peace...Mark

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 01:16:10 PM »

Your in my prayes brother, Roy

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 03:04:18 PM »

Antaiwan,

I want to say things in my own words, but no, let The Scriptures below show you and me and everyone else. What Is, and Why It Is So; in the world today.

Isa 53: 3-7 (CLV)
3 Despised is He, and shunned by men, a man of pains and knowing illness. And, as One concealing His face from us, despised is He, and we judge Him of no account."
4 Surely our illnesses has He borne, and our pains--He was burdened with them. Yet we account Him touched, smitten by the Elohim and humbled."
5 Yet He was wounded because of our transgressions, and crushed because of our depravities. The discipline for our welfare was on Him, and by His welts there is healing for us."
6 All of us, as a flockling, have strayed; each man to his own way, we face, yet Yahweh, in Him, intercedes because of all our depravity."
7 Hard pressed is He and being humbled, yet He is not opening His mouth. As a flockling to slaughter is He fetched, and as a ewe before her shearers is mute, so He is not opening His mouth."

2Co 10:7 (CLV)
Are you looking at that on the surface? If anyone is presuming to have confidence in himself to be Christ's, let him be reckoning this again with himself, that, according as he is Christ's, thus also are we. "

1Jn 4:17 (CLV)
In this is love perfected with us, that we may have boldness in the day of judging, seeing that, according as He is, so are we also in this world."

george. :)

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 03:51:55 PM »

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 04:06:09 PM »

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 04:14:32 PM »

I remember that discussion..beautiful thread guys!
Kathy :)

rockrdude

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 09:48:03 AM »

Antaiwan,

I am another weak man. My life feels like one long series of trials, and the more God teaches me and leads me where He wants me to go, the worse life seems to get.

And yet.. I wouldn't go back for anything. I know this is just part of the purging and cleansing all will go through.. now.. or later. I'd rather get this done now.

I see so many sins that used to take me out no longer do. In many areas of life, I am so much stronger. And yet, I am constantly made weak. There is apparently strength in this weakness. Sometimes I am too weak to notice it, but I know it is there.

My problem is finding joy in my trials. When my eyes can barely stay open from exhaustion and sleep evades me, when I can do nothing right in the eyes of my family, when my friends keep their distance, when my relatives have little or nothing to do with me, when I don't have any money for the things I need for my family, when unemployment rears its ugly head, when the weight doesn't come off even when I eat right, when my children are embarrassed of my appearance or the way I raised them, when my relatives ignore my children while lauding praise and gifts on other relatives, I always have to remind myself that Jesus said it would be this way. He wasn't kidding. We really will be hated, He really did come with a sword to divide, but He really is with us in the fire.

I am the biggest screw-up I know. I do not know how long these trials will last. I must learn to find the joy and delight in them, but this flesh suit I'm wearing seems to have other plans.

At least there is comfort in knowing that someday, these trials will come to an end. It will all be worth it! It will be this way for you as well. You'll see!

The words "Well done, thou good and faithful servant" do give me MUCH hope. I hope to hear them someday. My goal is to be an overcomer, and apparently I have much to overcome.

This time on God's potter's wheel is no fun, and it is filled with so much pressure. But, God is creating something beautiful in His image. He is doing this with me, and He is doing this with you.

For sure.. You are not alone. To quote Red Green, "We're all in this together".  :)

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 11:21:43 AM »

Well, guys hate to burst your bubble. But, I can say I am a weak woman. Seems, my trials started as a child. Each trial gets bigger as time goes by for sure. Never, had any children. Kind of glad. Because my Husbands family spoil there grandchildren. Its hard wanting children and never having them. My health is not good. I have nothing to talk about so I am left out.

Now, I see it as a blessing. I could not have stood watching our children be pushed away. I feel like I have nothing in common with there family. I don't have children to boast about. I don't think they like to be around me cause I am not well. I could tell you some really hard things dealt to me while I was in the hospital and could have lost my life. Things, said about me when I was in Babylon Church where all his family went. I would ask my Husband how he dealt with that so good. He said,"I got use to it."

I am so blessed that my Husband is ok with what I believe. He wanted to leave church too. I am sure I probably get blamed for that. But, thats ok.
I am learning to get use to it.

Every time I do talk to his Mom she ask me , when I am going to get my disability. Thank God my husband does not think my money is more important than me.

I really do feel for you guys. Rockerdude, I too know what it is like to battle weight problems. I pray every day please help me loose some. I have lost some over the years and managed to keep it off. I am a diabetic and have been for years. I have medications that make you hungry and I fight it like crazy.
I just cry out to God help me. But, this all is about the physical. I know, God looks at the spiritual. Stress can also cause overweight.

I feel bad for you men. I know, how they think a man should be this or that. But, believe me my Husband family think I should be out helping him. But, they don't have any health issues. I guess, they are modern people and think the woman should work and do it all. Well, I did work for years and part of that was taking care of there children, and the rest working out in the world.

Well, I do have a wonderful husband, and a hard worker.

Just, remember Rockerdude there are millions like you that have a hard time finding work.

In my opinion at least you want to take care of your family.

But, just remember God is looking at your inside. Your heart.
I confess when he shows me my flaws . I know, he is able to give me victory. Hey, God wants the weak and humble.

For sure, we all are in this together.

Now, I just try and remember my trials will make me better.

In His Love,
Marlene

dogcombat

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 03:55:44 PM »

Indeed all,

God must first show us how WEAK we are apart from Him, before He reveals the grace sufficient to make us STRONG enough to endure today's trials.   I was reading the latter part of Romans 7 where Paul spoke of how weak he was, that inside of his flesh dwells NO GOOD THING.  To use another writer's analogy "Coming to the end of ourselves is never the fun part.  Only the first part"  This is God's process of strengthening us with His chastening love that endures in us to bring forth SPIRTUAL FRUIT that He has ordained us to walk in. 

Ches

aqrinc

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 04:06:54 PM »

Indeed all,

God must first show us how WEAK we are apart from Him, before He reveals the grace sufficient to make us STRONG enough to endure today's trials.   I was reading the latter part of Romans 7 where Paul spoke of how weak he was, that inside of his flesh dwells NO GOOD THING.  To use another writer's analogy "Coming to the end of ourselves is never the fun part.  Only the first part"  This is God's process of strengthening us with His chastening love that endures in us to bring forth SPIRTUAL FRUIT that He has ordained us to walk in. 

Ches

Yes ;D.

george ;D ;D.

Ellie

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 02:56:18 AM »

The truth ...of .."How it is" can be very stark at times.This thread is really informative for all of us.
 Marlene I will join you in the "weak woman" group.We cant' let the men have it all on their own.....
 What a journey this is...
                   Peace to all Ellie..... :)

judith collier

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 06:16:54 AM »

Oh Antaiwan and Rockerdude you about broke my heart. You will have victory when it is your time. God is not a respecter of people. It has taken me years to be somewhat patient but all has come my way and those who used to make fun have nothing to say. Some of them have even apologized. God restores the years the locust has taken. Many are amazed at what has occured and then I tell them it is all of God. They don't laugh anymore but instead ask me to pray for them.  Judy

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 08:26:50 PM »

You guys have gave me good advice!
Thank you so much!  :)
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

kweli

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 09:56:19 AM »

Yet another weak man over here. And this has very little (if not a single thing) to do with another person. I just hope I can see GOD's power made perfect soon.

Good thread Antaiwain
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.