bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The King, The Baby and The Two Women  (Read 5437 times)

tebza4jesus

The King, The Baby and The Two Women
« on: June 10, 2009, 02:47:35 PM »

When I was 5 years old, still at pre-school, I acted as King Solomon, acting out 1 Kings 3:16-28. Today, 22 years later, I read this Scripture, and I am beginning to see the following. Please correct me if I am not seeing correctly.

a. The king has the baby in his hands. He can kill the baby if he wants to but he can also save the baby if he wants to. He is the king and his decision will be final. The baby's fate rests within the hand of this man, yet he chooses, indirectly to give the fate of the baby into the hands of these women, by gauging their love for the baby. If the women love the baby, then they will do whatever it takes to save the baby.

b. The one woman doesn't care whether the baby lives or not. She has no love for the baby.

c. The other loves the baby so much that she would rather save it by "losing" it. She puts the baby's well-being before hers, that is, may the baby live even though she will be given to someone else.

Correct me if I am wrong isn't the King, Jesus, the Judge? The baby, the sinner? The woman without love, the "hell" preaching cults? And the woman with love, the "elect"?

The woman without love is doing the same as that which "christians" are doing today, that is, they don't care about the "baby" (the one at the mercy of the king). To them, the one who is in the hands of the king, may as well go to hell. They don't want to try even to plead that the king may have mercy and save the sinner/baby.

The other woman wants nothing but to see the baby alive and well in "heaven". That's all she wants, and that is because she loves the baby/sinner?

Please hear me, spiritually, and if there be anywhere that I need correction, please do so.

With love,
Tebza

mharrell08

Re: The King, The Baby and The Two Women
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 03:06:36 PM »

When I was 5 years old, still at pre-school, I acted as King Solomon, acting out 1 Kings 3:16-28. Today, 22 years later, I read this Scripture, and I am beginning to see the following. Please correct me if I am not seeing correctly.

a. The king has the baby in his hands. He can kill the baby if he wants to but he can also save the baby if he wants to. He is the king and his decision will be final. The baby's fate rests within the hand of this man, yet he chooses, indirectly to give the fate of the baby into the hands of these women, by gauging their love for the baby. If the women love the baby, then they will do whatever it takes to save the baby.

b. The one woman doesn't care whether the baby lives or not. She has no love for the baby.

c. The other loves the baby so much that she would rather save it by "losing" it. She puts the baby's well-being before hers, that is, may the baby live even though she will be given to someone else.

Correct me if I am wrong isn't the King, Jesus, the Judge? The baby, the sinner? The woman without love, the "hell" preaching cults? And the woman with love, the "elect"?

The woman without love is doing the same as that which "christians" are doing today, that is, they don't care about the "baby" (the one at the mercy of the king). To them, the one who is in the hands of the king, may as well go to hell. They don't want to try even to plead that the king may have mercy and save the sinner/baby.

The other woman wants nothing but to see the baby alive and well in "heaven". That's all she wants, and that is because she loves the baby/sinner?

Please hear me, spiritually, and if there be anywhere that I need correction, please do so.

With love,
Tebza

Tebza,

Ray teaches about 'many called, few chosen' throughout his papers...you will find examples of this (similar to this with the 2 women) all throughout the scriptures.

Hope this helps,

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 03:12:46 PM »

tebza4jesus,

Very good similitude (proverb). Another example as Marques states, of Scripture teaching us. And thanks for putting it here, i had not seen or understood this story that way before.

george. :)

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 05:48:41 PM »

Thanks for shining light on this story.  I had never read this story that way.
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 05:59:27 PM »

There is an incredible contrast between the two women in 2Kings Chapter 3, can this also be related to the two women in Revelation 12 & 17?

You just might find it very interesting......

Peace,

Joe

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 06:51:40 PM »

There is an incredible contrast between the two women in 2Kings Chapter 3, can this also be related to the two women in Revelation 12 & 17?

You just might find it very interesting......

Peace,

Joe

Very similar to Paul's words to the church in Galatia:

Gal 4:22-31

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23  But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24  Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25  For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26  But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27  For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28  Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29  But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

30  Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

31  So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

Excerpt from Lake of Fire series #6 (http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html):

The one True Church of the Living God has a "Father" and a "Mediator—Jesus Christ." But does God’s Church have a "Mother?" Ah, Yes, it surely does:

"For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory [a representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters] for these are the TWO COVENANTS; the one from the mount Sinai, which genders to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar IS [now a metaphor—‘is like, in certain ways’] mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to JERUSALEM which NOW IS [at the time Paul wrote this and continues to this day] and is in BONDAGE with her children. But Jerusalem which is ABOVE ["The HEAVENLY JERUSALEM" Heb. 12:22] is free, which is THE MOTHER OF US ALL" (Gal. 4:22-26).

What amazing Scriptures these are. The New Covenant Church of the Living God has a MOTHER—HEAVENLY JERUSALEM ABOVE. And the giant Old Covenant Whore Church also has a mother—EARTHLY JERUSALEM BELOW. The New is FREE, whereas the Old is in BONDAGE. But how can I say that the Old Covenant Church is "huge?" Aren’t there only a relatively few orthodox Jews around the world who keep the "Old" Covenant? No, there are BILLIONS of people who keep the "Old" Covenant around the world. There are almost no Christians that understand and keep the "New" Covenant. To the world of Christendom, the Old Covenant IS THE NEW COVENANT! The New Covenant is merely keeping the Old Covenant, BETTER! That’s right. To most, the New Covenant consists of keeping the Old Covenant, better. They say that they now keep the Old Covenant "in the spirit." Just how, pray tell, does one keep the "physical" in the "spirit?"

Thanks Joe,

Marques

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »

Hey Marques,

Isn't it absolutely amazing how these things all tie in together piece by piece as our eyes are opened wider and wider?

Thanks for the additional scriptures and Ray's comments!

Peace,

Joe 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.