bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The stranger (alien), fatherless, and the widows.  (Read 5923 times)

orion77

The stranger (alien), fatherless, and the widows.
« on: June 08, 2006, 08:56:19 PM »

To do good to these type of people seem to be very important in Gods eyes.

(Deu 10:18)  He executes justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, to give to him food and clothing.

(Deu 10:19)  And you shall love the alien, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.

(Deu 27:19)  Cursed is he who perverts the judgment of the alien, the fatherless, and widow! And all the people shall say, Amen!

(Psa 68:5)  In His holy dwelling God is a father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows.

(Psa 68:6)  God causes the lonely to live at home; He brings out those who are bound with chains, while the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

(Zec 7:9)  So says Jehovah of Hosts, saying, Judge true judgment, and practice kindness and pity, each man with his brother.

(Zec 7:10)  And do not oppress the widow, or the fatherless, the alien, or the poor. And do not devise evil in your heart, of a man against his brother.

(Zec 7:11)  But they refused to listen, and gave a stubborn shoulder, and they made their ears heavy from hearing.

(Zec 7:12)  And they made their heart adamant from hearing the Law and the Words which Jehovah of Hosts has sent by the former prophets through His Spirit. And great wrath was from Jehovah of Hosts.

(Zec 7:13)  And it will be, just as He called, and they did not listen; so they called, and I did not listen, says Jehovah of Hosts.

Just thought to bring this up, so we keep them in mind, to help when we can.  These are our neighbors.  We all know people in this situation.  It is always difficult to be a stranger in new surroundings.  A young child who is fatherless could use good guidance and a helping hand.  The widows who have lost their lifelong partner is a lonely time for them.

God bless,

Gary

chrissiela

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:34:52 PM »

Good post Gary!

How about some hospitality to go with those verse??   :lol:

Rom 12:10-13
Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

Tit 1:7-8  For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;

1Pe 4:9  Use hospitality one to another without grudging.[/list:u]

Chrissie

chrissiela

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 09:41:48 PM »

Heb 13:2  
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.[/list:u]

:wink:

Daniel

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:50:52 PM »

Kool "strangers"

Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for "thereby" some have "entertained angels" unawares.

Unaware of the "strangers"

Mathew 25:38 "When saw we" thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

The only two that came to me Gary :lol:

Daniel

orion77

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 11:35:40 PM »

A stranger goes along with a sojourner.  Gets interesting:

(Exo 2:22)  And she bare a son, and he called his name Gershom; for he said, I have been a sojourner in a foreign land.

(Exo 22:21)  And a sojourner shalt thou not wrong, neither shalt thou oppress him: for ye were sojourners in the land of Egypt.

(Deu 24:17)  Thou shalt not wrest the justice due to the sojourner, or to the fatherless, nor take the widow's raiment to pledge;

(Deu 24:18)  but thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in Egypt, and Jehovah thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing.

(Psa 39:12)  Hear my prayer, O Jehovah, and give ear unto my cry; Hold not thy peace at my tears: For I am a stranger with thee, A sojourner, as all my fathers were.

(Psa 94:3)  Jehovah, how long shall the wicked, How long shall the wicked triumph?

(Psa 94:4)  They prate, they speak arrogantly: All the workers of iniquity boast themselves.

(Psa 94:5)  They break in pieces thy people, O Jehovah, And afflict thy heritage.

(Psa 94:6)  They slay the widow and the sojourner, And murder the fatherless.

(Psa 94:7)  And they say, Jehovah will not see, Neither will the God of Jacob consider.

(Psa 119:19)  I am a sojourner in the earth: Hide not thy commandments from me.

(Psa 119:20)  My soul breaketh for the longing That it hath unto thine ordinances at all times.

(Heb 11:8)  By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed to go out unto a place which he was to receive for an inheritance; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

(Heb 11:9)  By faith he became a sojourner in the land of promise, as in a land not his own, dwelling in tents, with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

(Psa 68:4)  Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: Cast up a highway for him that rideth through the deserts; His name is Jehovah; and exult ye before him.

(Psa 68:5)  A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, Is God in his holy habitation.

While searching, came across this beautiful verse:

(Psa 68:13)  When ye lie among the sheepfolds, It is as the wings of a dove covered with silver, And her pinions with yellow gold.

God is good!!

Spiritually speaking, we are all sojourners.  We all as the prodigal son have gone our own way to a strange land, being fatherless for a time, until we come back to our senses, being dragged by our Father.  Then we see, and die to that old beast (self) and become widows.  The transition is difficult, we miss our old partner.

Seems to make sense, but could be way off track.  Any thoughts?

God bless,

Gary

jack88

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 01:18:56 PM »

Gary,

Over the last two weeks I've used City Rail (Mass Transit) here in Sydney while my car is repaired and I have been exposed to me and my thoughts about others and their ethnic origins.

I have also been exposed to truth.

Your thread about aliens from God is true and I will change and act.

Thank God and you for vision.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »

I also see "aliens" as those that we are not especially drawn to, even out of sympathy. You know the type, loners, those who have a negative outlook or seem to have a certain meanness or antipathy toward almost everything. Going out of our way to say something nice or to do something kind for such a miserable soul may reach the depths of their heart at some point down the road, do not expect immediate gratitude.

Helping out the unfortunate with money or food or doing something like changing an older persons tire for them will bring an immediate reward, you get thanks, praise, a smile or a thank you note. When we can do the same for those who are not given to thanks or praise then we can be assured of our Lord's approval.

Joe

jack88

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 02:47:57 PM »

Yes, Joe ....Helping out the enemy!

Daniel

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 02:56:55 PM »

Amen Joe, being kind even to those who extend to you no kindness.

The kindness of God toward us all who were often so unkind. It makes ones knees bow to such goodness extended to us, it surely does.

God is Good bro

Peace

Daniel

orion77

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 10:48:01 PM »

Amen you all, we must repay in the same way God has treated us.  None of us, honestly deserve to be where we are at, in our walk with God.  It is only by His grace, mercy, forgiveness, kindness, longsuffering and love.

This is the way God has treated us, so we must give back towards others in the same manner.  There is no getting around it and it is good to be His way.  Our way does not work, lets follow Him.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.