bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revelation is not symbolic  (Read 5341 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Revelation is not symbolic
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:46:53 AM »

Dear Jacob:
I will make a few COMMENTS..........in your email:

I want to say about your not believing in hell, that hell has to exist because if it doesn't then for those who don't believe in Jesus, they will have no punishment for doing wrong.

COMMENT:  Where in the world did you ever come up with that unscriptural nonsense?  There is judgment (which in some cases includes punishment) upon ALL humanity.  Why would you ever think that those who reject Jesus in this present life, will not give an account of their sinful lives?  But Judgment is for correction in righteousness. It never ever involves eternal torture and terrorism. That is all pagan nonsense straight from the tombs of the heathen Egyptians.  "For when Thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the inhabitans of THE WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9).  You don't believe that Scripture, do you Jacob?

I strongly advise you to read your Bible more.

COMMENT:  I doubt that one hundreth of one percent of Christians read and study their Bibles as much as I do.

Revelations is not a book of symbols. It is literal! If you want to know how I know this, I would love to spend some time about that. Right now, I just want to address the fact that you are not correct in your beliefs.

COMMENT:  Oh really?  Not symbolic, you say?  Does Jeus literally  "wash our sins in His blood?" (Rev.1:1:5)?  Can trumpets literally speak in human languages: "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a GREAT VOICE, as of a trumpet, SAYING..." (1:10-11)?  Does Jesus literally have a metal sword sticking out of His mouth (1:16)?  Are candlesticks literally "...seven [literal] churches" (1:20). Etc., etc., etc.
You have not a clue as to what you are talking about, do you?

If the book of Revelations [Revelation] is symbolic, than [then] it wouldn't make any sence [sense] that all the thigs [things] it says about mudslied [mudslides], bad weather, [and] all the things that are going to happen when it's near the end of the world, if it is symbolic, these things would mean something else.

COMMENT:  First of all, the book of Revelation says nothing whatsoever about "mudslides and bad weather"--not even in symbolism.  And second, yes, of course, all the symbols of Revelation "mean something esle" other than what is literally stated about them.  See my comment above for example.

If it was symbolic, then why are all the things that are written in Revelations, happening today?

COMMENT:  I know that you do not understand this, but virtually all of the things in the book of Revelation began to happen nearly 2000 years ago, not
just in the present.

Please, for your own sake, and so that I can have the peace of mind in knowing that your soul is not going to hell, please reconsider your beliefs. My personaly opinion on your beliefs is that you say you don't believe in hell, so that you can justify a sinful lifestyle.

COMMENT:  You are now entering the realm of slander, Jacob, when you suggest that I live a "sinful life style" that I try to justify through false doctrines.  You are way, way out of line.  I would be more than happy to have my personal life style compared side by side with your life style any day of the week!
God have mercy upon your ignorant and judgmental soul,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.