bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How sinful is this?  (Read 8911 times)

musicman

How sinful is this?
« on: June 12, 2009, 12:07:59 AM »

Purly hypothetical.  Let's say I knew someone who doesn't believe that movies should cost $10 a pop.  And every week or so this. . . .. .person purchases one ticket for a movie.  This person watches the movie. . . ...and. .. ..and then watches another movie for free and maybe part of another?  (Like he's gonna watch the entire movie "Land of The Lost.  Please.)  I mean. . . .how bad is that?  Can this person go to Hagee's hell for that?  Just consider how bad some of those movies are.  What if that person payed for one movie, went to that movie and it sucked?  I mean. .. .Pirates of the Carrabean 3?  Should god blame him?  They ain't worth $10.  And what's a person to do for entertainment?  And what if he payed $10 and then had to tell high school kids to shut up and intimidate them the whole time?  For ten bucks?  Let's be careful how we judge this. . . . . .person.  But for instance?  Let's say tommorrow this person goes to see a movie (is Transformers starting yet?) and then watches Drag Me Straight To Hell?  Will that second movie be a symbol for what will soon happen to him?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 12:23:03 AM by musicman »

gmik

Re: How sinful is this?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 12:25:34 AM »

;D ;D ;D

ooooohhhhhhh Hagees Hell 8)...... ;D ;D ;D

Gee I wonder who "this person" could be????

(PS  I stayed for 5 minutes at one movie, it stunk, so I crossed the hall and watched most of the Bucket List-never saw the beginning- hope I don't have to go to HH w/ "this person") :D

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 12:34:10 AM »

Musicman!!!!  I just had this conversation with my daughter who practices this form of stealing often.  She uses the same rationale that you referenced.  She wants you to know that Transformers starts June 26th AND that the people who are going to hell are the ones overcharging for the movies.

Thou shalt not steal or justify stealing!!! :P :P :P

Eileen

rockrdude

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:55:30 AM »

Well.. since we're all 'sinning machines', as Ray puts it so eloquently, I wouldn't worry about it *too* much.

Maybe it's best to not pay $10 to see a movie unless you know it's going to be worth the $10? (Yikes.. are they that expensive now?) That would certainly help avoid those temptations, and it sure beats going to Hagee's Hell.

Wow.. 'Hagee's Hell' almost sounds like a really bad theme park. Hmm.. He is getting people to pay him dearly to be taken for a ride, so maybe it already is.

Honestly.. I haven't been to a movie theater in over 20 years. I watch all of my movies at home on the big screen now. It's cheaper, more fun, and I can pause the movie if I need to run to the bathroom!  ;)

All that said, I do want to see the new Star Trek film.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 12:37:06 PM »

Ok I KNOW who this outstanding pillar of the community is and believe me nothing..he...does surprises me!! Oh and just in case you think it is NOT stealing to do that?  Musicman, just pay the 10 bucks to see the movie you want to see and you'll, er, I mean..Your "hypothetical friend" won't have to worry about going to hell!!  ;D ;D :P
Kathy ;) :-*

Gena, the Bucket List..I LOVED IT!!! I didn't get to see the beginning either, but Oh man...that movie is worth seeing!!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 12:39:55 PM by Ninny »

Samson

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »

Purly hypothetical.  Let's say I knew someone who doesn't believe that movies should cost $10 a pop.  And every week or so this. . . .. .person purchases one ticket for a movie.  This person watches the movie. . . ...and. .. ..and then watches another movie for free and maybe part of another?  (Like he's gonna watch the entire movie "Land of The Lost.  Please.)  I mean. . . .how bad is that?  Can this person go to Hagee's hell for that?  Just consider how bad some of those movies are.  What if that person payed for one movie, went to that movie and it sucked?  I mean. .. .Pirates of the Carrabean 3?  Should god blame him?  They ain't worth $10.  And what's a person to do for entertainment?  And what if he payed $10 and then had to tell high school kids to shut up and intimidate them the whole time?  For ten bucks?  Let's be careful how we judge this. . . . . .person.  But for instance?  Let's say tommorrow this person goes to see a movie (is Transformers starting yet?) and then watches Drag Me Straight To Hell?  Will that second movie be a symbol for what will soon happen to him?

Hey Musicman,

I believe that happens alot, I judge no one, have to remove the rafter from my own eye first,  ;)
Anyway, I copied and pasted this point from your Post, because this happens too often, especially if you attend
evening or weekend Movies, see this sentence from your Post below in blue.

And what if he payed $10 and then had to tell high school kids to shut up and intimidate them the whole time?  For ten bucks?

Since the Theater doesn't have the Personell to police these Adolescents, your entitled to a refund. Also, the price of the Movie isn't so bad, it's the price of anything else you might purchase, but here's one for you, is it a
sin if I sneak in a bag of sunflower seeds, instead of being robbed at the concession stand,  ;D

Samson.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 01:53:29 PM »

Only if you spit the hulls in the floor Samson!...Nasty!!
Kathy ;D ;)

musicman

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 02:12:47 PM »

, is it a
sin if I sneak in a bag of sunflower seeds, instead of being robbed at the concession stand,  ;D

Samson.[/color]

Oh no!!  I heard that. . . .. .person. . . .also sneaks in whatever he can fit in his pockets also.  Boy, that fire in hell is going to be turned up for that one.  
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:21:51 PM by musicman »

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 02:18:24 PM »

Geez, is there a mother in here who doesn't carry a big ole purse into the theater? You think we LIKE lugging that thing around??? :D I hope there are drinks there in that hell, musicman 'cause they are too expensive to buy at the movie theater!!!
 :D :D :D ;)

Samson

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 04:32:35 PM »

Only if you spit the hulls in the floor Samson!...Nasty!!
Kathy ;D ;)

Come on now Kathy,

I don't buy sunflower seeds with the hulls and the wife's purse comes in handy, also I
refuse to buy that $10.00(being facetious) a large gulp fountain soda, I'll drink water at the fountain instead, besides, at my age I can't drink liquids before and during a movie, I'd end up visiting the bathroom
too often and miss the movie;  ;D.

Samson.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 07:21:47 PM »

Will that second movie be a symbol for what will soon happen to him?

Yes  (unless the movie was "Plan 9 from Outer Space")
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:27:35 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 07:33:22 PM »

Dennis & Samson, You guys make me laugh!! You are so witty!  ;) ;)
Kathy ;D

EKnight

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 09:31:02 PM »

Wow.. 'Hagee's Hell' almost sounds like a really bad theme park. Hmm.. He is getting people to pay him dearly to be taken for a ride, so maybe it already is.

Very funny!!!!!

Eileen

judith collier

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 05:51:40 AM »

Ninny, relate to the big purse! If you buy a super dooper drink and get a cup or two you can give the kids all they want to drink because you can get that SD one refilled. And here tickets are only 7.50 but I still on occasion get my money's worth watching 2 movies.(did I say it was right?) I remember when I was a kid, it cost a quarter to get in and if my grandmother gave me a dime I could buy a large hershey bar, plus you got a dish or bowl for the set of dishes they were giving away. I remember watching ON THE WATERFRONT and not knowing what the heck it was all about. Judy

larissa4676

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 10:21:27 PM »

This whole post... Hilarious!

Thanks for the laughter.

Larissa

Roy Martin

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 08:51:04 AM »

House rules at the movies are not law. Common law, ( the hidden law of the land, but still stands) says, if there is no victim there is no crime.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.