bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: O those crazy Christians.  (Read 10879 times)

Sorin

O those crazy Christians.
« on: June 08, 2006, 09:57:40 PM »

gmik

Oh those crazy christians
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 01:38:25 AM »

Man, that was hard to watch.

Something tho about the courage to do that (even in error) I admire.  Even as I am cringing.

shibboleth

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »

I was thinking the same thing, Gena. As silly as they sound, they still had the guts to talk to these people.
The first mans t-shirt said: Jesus Saves. The second man's t-shirt said:Jesus saves from sin and hell. Jesus does save from sin and hell, but not a torturous place of fire.

When the so-called Christian was bantering with the crowd about sexual sins, I thought he had gone over the top. He sounded just like the world in his descriptions and antics.

Sorin

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 01:26:51 PM »

Corageous, sure. A bit crazy even, maybe.  
If Christians would just believe John 6:65, then they wouldn't be doing silly things like this.

Jhn 6:65   And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

It was obviously not given unto them  (the crowd) to come unto Jesus. So what's the point of doing such things in vain?

And what does Mat 7:6 say?

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

zander

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 02:38:20 PM »

We never get crazy dudes like that in the UK, i dont know why that is, really i dont.

shibboleth

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 05:48:07 PM »

Hey Zander, I was thinking about all the so-called faith teachers such as Kenneth Copeland, Jan and Paul Crouch, Creflo Dollar etc. and I thought most of these faith teachers are from America. Even the ones who aren't, come here to make the big bucks. Maybe you British people aren't atken in like so many Americans are. Or, maybe we're just greedier than you are because these people promise health and wealth if you give to them.

gmik

o those chrazy christians
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 06:46:26 PM »

Hi zander.  I have seen on tv you have a square around there that anybody can stand and say anything they want.  I have seen crazy christians yap away for hours, and I just saw not long ago a bunch of crazy muslims were spouting there stuff.  Isn't that Hyde Park, or square or something, and has been allowing that for centuries?  I have been to England (loved it), and my daughter has been there 5 times.  Twice for extended studies at Cambridge.  Yes , you do have wacko's in jolly ole . PS  I am glad Blair was here and not Disraeli.

Falconn003

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 08:36:38 AM »

What is a christain nowadays any how, a mere paraphrase of an idealogy gone perverted,  no thanks no label nor title for me thnk you very much

Rodger

Sorin

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 03:02:46 PM »

Quote from: Falconn003
What is a christain nowadays any how, a mere paraphrase of an idealogy gone perverted,  no thanks no label nor title for me thnk you very much

Rodger

""What is man? A miserable little pile of secrets!"

- Dracula, in the video game known as Castlevania: Symphony of the night.

...and how true that is. hmmm, think I should make that my new signature. :lol:

zander

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 07:21:11 AM »

Hey guys, sure, there are crazy dudes here aswell.  They just dont get as much publicity.  You certainly wouldnt see them on Youtube.com

Plus being a smaller country and less population there is less concentration.  I heard from a TV source the other day that 86% of Americans claim to be "Christian".  That is way ahead of us in the UK.

I would bet that those who claim to be JEdi is probably higher here than Christian.  :)

For the record, i hate the word "Christian".  I hate it becauise it stands for somethign awful in this world.  Its true meaning has so much more beauty than the way the world sees it to mean

SOTW

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 05:45:02 PM »

What did they expect to accomplish, even if they preached and taught the truth. They lost all respect in how they approach the crowd. Oh well, it is just as sad as anyone casting pearls to swine even if they themselves knew the truth (which of course they didn't but everyone already commented on that).

love_magnified

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 07:28:37 PM »

It just reminds me of how happy I am that Christ is the only one who can straighten out the confusion and silliness, and he will.

mercie

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 07:35:37 PM »

Quote from: love_magnified
It just reminds me of how happy I am that Christ is the only one who can straighten out the confusion and silliness, and he will.

Yes straighten HE will.

Jos 6:5 And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long [blast] with the ram's horn, [and] when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him

But be careful not to spiritualize away the scripture LM  , heresy maybe become linked with it. :oops:

Peace.

love_magnified

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 07:38:25 PM »

Ok. Is that a general concern, or did I say something you disagreed with?

mercie

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 07:42:01 PM »

Ok. Is that a general concern, or did I say something you disagreed with?

A general concern.

A general Statement.

Nothing on what you posted. :D

The word Heresy and Hertic does Fly around here almost like Frisbies. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 07:42:02 PM »

Quote from: mercie

Yes straighten HE will.

Jos 6:5 And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long [blast] with the ram's horn, [and] when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him

But be careful not to spiritualize away the scripture LM  , heresy maybe become linked with it. :oops:

Peace.

Mercie, is this really necessary?

Joe

mercie

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 07:44:05 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Quote from: mercie

Yes straighten HE will.

Peace.

Mercie, is this really necessary?

Joe

joe

May I ask is this?

The resurrection is a PHYSICAL THING that happens. I fear of heresy coming into our flock as people continuously try to spiritualize everything. Some people here seem closer and closer to doing that and even destroying the significance of the resurrection.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 09:07:54 PM »

Mercie, what do you see the Lord saying here?

Luk 8:15  But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Every one of us at times need to remember this admonition;

Phi 2:3  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

I don't think any of us want to be perceived as or succumb to this;

1Ti 6:4  He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings.

Most of us are here to increase our understanding of His Word and its purpose in our lives, if we disagree that is to be expected, we can learn from everyone, even if the only lesson is patience;

We can ignore blatently provocative questions and not fall into traps, but when questions or statements are made innocently, with the desire for wisdom evident we should consider this;

2Ti 2:23  But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do engender strifes.

2Ti 2:24  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

2Ti 2:25  In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

It really is a comforting thought when we believe and live the following;

1Pe 4:8  And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Mercie, when our Lord allowed Himself to be crucified for our sins, was He physically doing a spiritual deed? Or was it only spiritual.

Yes, we are to compare spiritual with spiritual, but aren't these (spiritual) lessons, this wisdom manifested in our physical bodies during our time here?

James: Chapter 2 speaks to the critical relationship between faith (spiritual) and works (physical).

For the record I also believe that the 1st resurrection is a future event with the graves of the saints to be emptied, as was His tomb.

1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed.

Phi 3:21  Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

1Jo 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Joe

mercie

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 09:32:42 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Mercie, what do you see the Lord saying here?

Luk 8:15  But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Every one of us at times need to remember this admonition;

Phi 2:3  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

I don't think any of us want to be perceived as or succumb to this;

1Ti 6:4  He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings.

Most of us are here to increase our understanding of His Word and its purpose in our lives, if we disagree that is to be expected, we can learn from everyone, even if the only lesson is patience;

We can ignore blatently provocative questions and not fall into traps, but when questions or statements are made innocently, with the desire for wisdom evident we should consider this;

2Ti 2:23  But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do engender strifes.

2Ti 2:24  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

2Ti 2:25  In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

It really is a comforting thought when we believe and live the following;

1Pe 4:8  And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Mercie, when our Lord allowed Himself to be crucified for our sins, was He physically doing a spiritual deed? Or was it only spiritual.

Yes, we are to compare spiritual with spiritual, but aren't these (spiritual) lessons, this wisdom manifested in our physical bodies during our time here?

James: Chapter 2 speaks to the critical relationship between faith (spiritual) and works (physical).

For the record I also believe that the 1st resurrection is a future event with the graves of the saints to be emptied, as was His tomb.

1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed.

Phi 3:21  Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

1Jo 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Joe

patience the ablity to suffer LONG , Amen, may I ask why was not the same post Given to The person who posted this on Heresy?

dont you think that  he maybe quick to have Judged?

such subtlties are not needed Joe but are let through but other subtlties are some what taken to task .

Maybe you missed my posting while sharing with Bobby., ill happilly Get you the Link

Why yes Joe this was a DOING, as when The Father through Christ created all that is.

Why of Course it I who lacks the patience here Joe , my apologies to all.

Im aware of whats taught here Joe and can see what you talk of, best leave it at that  im here to share on common Ground.

Joe is this a Literal Truth , just one in the New Testemant.

Eating Real Flesh is really unhealthy, dont you think.

Jam 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

With Respect to Ray and Mike , they dont cover everything in Scripture , and when people come here and exceed the Bounds of those teachings, maybe some here can not revert Back to The teachings which are Not yet there, but does that no less make what others say not True.?

Is this being disrespectful to Ray and Mike for sharing what we see because they have yet to write an article on it.

I dare not question or Rock the Boat Joe . I best Bow dow down and Apologise to all those with Greater spiritual Understanding and for me Being a Heritic for Spirtualizing the Scriptues in the manner which I do.

Truly Joe Blessed are the eyes which see.

Peace

hillsbororiver

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 10:12:32 PM »

Mercie,

I hope all who read my post can see something worthwhile in it, this was not intended to make you feel as if you can't share your insights as well or as much as anyone else.

My point is everyone who shares an opinion or makes a statement should have the scripture to back it up and the patience to allow our Sisters and Brothers the time to absorb it, there will be times when someone will throw a kneejerk comment or remark right back at the poster, longsuffering anyone?

There have even been times when 2 or more truths will reveal themselves during the course of someone trying to make a single point. It is threads like this that can make the time here very beneficial very edifying.

Mercie, I can assure you that no one here requires anybody to bow down to anyone but the Lord, and I can only speak for myself as far as "greater spiritual understanding" goes, my dark glass is only a few shades above opaque, I really do believe I can learn from anyone drawing a breath.

I hope you see where I come coming from and I appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Joe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.