bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for family  (Read 7129 times)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayer for family
« on: June 12, 2009, 05:53:04 AM »

Hi dear brothers and sisters in Christ! I haven't posted a lot in the last months, I have been in the process of buying a new flat, moving, preparing for wedding/marriage (yes, I'm getting married in August with the sweetest woman in the world, more on this later...). So, the last few months have been quite busy. Now it's all starting to come together through God's help and will. There is one thing I would appreciate you, dear brothers and sisters to pray for. My sister and brother-in-law have for years now tried to have a baby. Three months ago my sister became pregnant, and we were overjoyed. Earlier this week my sister had some complications (lost water), and the doctors told them that they should just provoke an abortion. They did, obviously, not follow that 'recommendation'. However, we know and understand that the pregnancy is in danger. Please pray for strength to the parents and the unborn child. This is the first time I've experienced something like this with a person close to me, and it's hurting and difficult. Even though I haven't posted lately, I'm reading your posts and thinking about you every day. God be with you all! Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Roy Martin

Re: Prayer for family
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 08:09:54 AM »

Hello Erik, My prayer has been said.

Roy

kenny

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 09:21:39 AM »

in the name of Jesus

Ellie

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 09:25:19 AM »

Praying for you all...Ellie...

meee

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 11:14:14 AM »

Erik, first of all congrats on your upcoming marriage.
         Yes, I'll send a prayer for the baby and it's family, I pray it might please God to have this little one be born, healthy, strong and normal in every way.
         As always though, not my will, but according to God's Will in Jesus name. Amen
                   peace, hugs and much love, meee

lauriellen

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »

i will pray for you and your family.
lauriellen

Nelson

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »

Hi Erik,

Me and my wife have been through this twice so I know what it feels like. My prayer is that the Lord be gracious and merciful and that He'll be their strength.

• "If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me,"
            Even the night shall be light about me;
    Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
            But the night shines as the day;
            The darkness and the light are both alike to You.
    For You formed my inward parts;
            You covered me in my mother's womb.
    I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
            Marvelous are Your works,
            And that my soul knows very well.
    My frame was not hidden from You,
            When I was made in secret,
            And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
            And in Your book they all were written,
            The days fashioned for me,
            When as yet there were none of them.
    How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
            How great is the sum of them!
    If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
            When I awake, I am still with You." (Ps 139:11-18)

• "In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness...That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world" (Jo 1:4,5a,9)

• "But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me..." (2 Tim 4:17)

We are all in good hands.

Grace and peace to you and yours

Nelson

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 11:40:55 AM »

Erik,
I'm so happy to hear that you're getting married! Woo-hoo!! My prayer for you is a long and happy life with the girl of your dreams! I pray that you will be blessed in so many ways! Your posts here have always blessed me and I just know that you will bless your sweetheart, as well! As for your sister, these things are so painful to watch and the unanswered question is always "why". We know that God is in control of every situation, but even then it doesn't stop us from hurting. Tears can't wash away the pain, but God can...I pray that your sister will carry the baby to term and that the baby will be ok. God has everything in his hands...
Kathy :)

Sandyk

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »

Eggi,

You, family and precious baby will be in my prayers.  Please keep us updated on baby's condition.   

eggi

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 05:47:38 PM »

Thank you all for the heartfelt replies. It's good to know that we are praying together for this. Thank you! I will keep you posted.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Linny

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 06:32:25 PM »

Will be praying for you guys. This is so difficult. They did the right thing letting God decide.
Praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby!

Lin

Marlene

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 06:35:38 PM »

Hello, I will keep them all in prayer. I will pray for you . It is in the hands of God.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »

hello eirik,
i am joyed for you that God has brought you and your fiance together to be married. He is indeed the Master Designer of all things that pertain to our lives, your upcoming marriage, your new flat, and your sister's pregnancy. the Scriptures nelson provided are spot on.

Heavenly Father, our brother eirik has asked for our prayers on behalf of his sister, brother-in-law and the unborn child. Dear Father i pray that You will be merciful to eirik's sister's unborn child. i ask that you will cause the amniotic fluid to cover the child completely. i ask also Father that you will protect the child from any harmful effects from the lose of the fluids. Father i ask in boldness that You will honor the decision made by the child's mother and father to not abort the baby, which You knew from the beginning would be the decision made. Father also please cover eirik's entire family with Your comfort, grace, and mercy as Your will unfolds for their lives.

in the Awesome and Healing Name of Jesus Christ i offer this petition. may Your will be done Abba Father.

claudia
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 05:00:22 AM by cjwood »

G. Driggs

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 12:04:37 AM »

Our prayers are with you brother, especially your sister and the life within her. My wife and I lost one before from miscarriage, and she had some severe complications with our last child, so I have an Idea what you all must be going through. It is very good your sister did not follow their 'recommendation' no matter what happens.

Praying for a blessing for your sister, G.Driggs

Roy Coates

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 06:08:19 AM »

Eggi,
You and your family our in my prayers. May God bless and keep you and yours safe and well. Peace

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 01:39:54 PM »

Dear Eggi

We know that the Creator caused your sister and brother-in-law to be guided in their choice, by Gods Spirit that is life. If half of us could see the dangers we are in every day that remain veiled to our eyes and minds, we would be stupefied or staggeringly amazed. God protects us from things we don't know or see. We might believe that we are all in danger every day and every minute except for God and His plan and Will that perfectly authors each one of us into our unique circumstances and experiences.

The little person conceived in the womb of your sister, has a purpose and plan. God chose your sister and husband who He strengthened to resist "taking control" by acting in faith.  That is a beautiful gift to their unborn child!

God is in control and I certainly pray for comfort and continued endurance that is so important when walking through the fire of trial and testing.

Congratulations on your wonderful news!

Arc

eggi

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 06:29:37 PM »

Hi friends!

I just wanted to keep you posted on how my sister is doing. There's not much to say, except that she and the baby are still OK, although the situation hasn't improved much. But the baby is growing normally, as it should do at this time. She still has very little amniotic fluid, but things are normal. We still feel hope, but we know that the situation is serious. It's all of God!

My sister stays very still on the sofa every day, staying horizontally as much as she can. We visit her quite often to keep her company. Thank you for all your prayers and comforting words. You are really a "peculiar people"! Thank God for all of you!

Recently I've experienced some bad treatment from some Christians (orthodox). They've called me a devil, because of what I believe. First I felt a bit sad and upset to hear this, but now I rejoice in it, and thank God that I have all of you here for support and love!

God be with all of you,
Eirik

Ninny

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »

Erik,
My prayers and all of our prayers are with your sister...
As for you, you will endure! How else can they convince people that God is so good and loving!? ;) Just because you KNOW He's a Loving God, they have to call you a devil!! Sad...No character has been more maligned than the character of God!! Stay strong, dude!!
Kathy ;)

gmik

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 11:51:37 PM »

Hi Eirik....ditto all the above and prayers...and happiness too.  God is so Good.

eggi

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 12:35:29 PM »

I must apologize for not posting about this in the last months. I've been so busy with a new job, a new family, and other things that have been piling up. But, I have some great news. My sister has given birth to a healthy boy, named Pål (Paul). He is so lovely! Due to the lack of amniotic fluid he has some problems with the lungs, but he received some help and medicine, and is now doing well and growing!

I'm so thankful for this, and we are praising God for this miracle. The doctors had to admit that "this was unexpected"!
:D

God bless you all,
Eirik
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.