bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: they love their marquees  (Read 4989 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
they love their marquees
« on: June 13, 2009, 05:39:18 AM »

i was driving to my sister's house this evening and drove by a little country church. on one side of the church marquee it said "Jesus said that no one comes to the Father except through Him." i thought to myself, well that seems harmless enough, but i wondered what they were hiding. then i saw the other side of the marquee and it said "Christians don't ever die, they go to heaven. come worship God here." sooo, that is what they were hiding. not slamming that church, just slamming their marquee message. what a crock of poop.  :o

Praise God for His marvelous Truths!!!

claudia

musicman

Re: they love their marquees
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:07:14 PM »

Then I don't want to be a Christian.  Imagine having to stay alive while in your rotting corpes.  I'd be screaming, when's the ressurection, I can't stand the smell any more!!  And where did all of these worms come from!!

rockrdude

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 09:40:16 AM »

This reminds me of when I was a child in the Lutheran church. It was the middle of an exceptionally tedious service. Boring would be an understatement. The hymns were depressing, the sermon was sleep-inspiring, the pre-printed prayers were incredibly wordy with lots of big flowery words, and it was going long.

And the pastor actually said that when we got to heaven, it would be exactly like this and how wonderful that would be!

Suddenly hell didn't seem so bad.

I'm so glad there is no hell, and the Kingdom of Heaven is nothing like that church service!

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »

Musicman and Rockrdude,
 :D :D :D
Kathy ;) ;)

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 04:37:26 PM »

The hymns were depressing, the sermon was sleep-inspiring, the pre-printed prayers were incredibly wordy with lots of big flowery words, and it was going long.

And the pastor actually said that when we got to heaven, it would be exactly like this and how wonderful that would be!

Suddenly hell didn't seem so bad.

now that's funny!  ;D ;D ;D

thanks for contributing rockrdude

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 04:41:11 PM »

Imagine having to stay alive while in your rotting corpes.  I'd be screaming, when's the ressurection, I can't stand the smell any more!! 
[/quote

such imagery causes me to shutter.  :o :o
your way with words musicman are always unique to say the least.

thanks for your post.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.