bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Grain of Sand at Arm's Length  (Read 7285 times)

hillsbororiver

A Grain of Sand at Arm's Length
« on: June 13, 2009, 07:52:02 PM »

Imagine standing outside holding one grain of sand in your hand with your arm outstretched toward the night sky, now you are blotting out only the space behind that grain of sand and you wonder what is behind it, forget about all the stars you can see and all the empty space surrounding them just concentrate on what you cannot see behind that tiny grain.

That is exactly what Hubble telescope scientists wondered and their findings shows us the awesome God we are serving, the unimaginable vastness of His creation.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Hubble_Space_Telescope

The Hubble Ultra Deep Field is a picture taken by Hubble Telescope's Advanced Camera for Surveys (ACS) and the Near Infrared Camera and Multi-object Spectrometer (NICMOS) of an "empty area" one tenth the diameter of a full moon when viewed from Earth. The 11.5 square arc minute area is equivalent to a grain of sand held at arm's length. Taken over a period of almost 11 days, the picture required 400 orbits around Earth and 800 exposures, which is equivalent to approximately 1 million seconds of exposure time. With an estimated 10,000 galaxies in this image, nearly every speck of light is an entire galaxy or group of galaxies.

A few verses came to mind as I was thinking about this;

Gen 22:17  That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

Jer 33:22  As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply  the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.

Heb 11:12  Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

Imagine again if we took each individual grain of sand on the earth blotting out the entire sky, would there be 10,000 galaxies and billions of stars behind each and every grain?

This racks my brain just thinking about it.  ;D

Peace,

Joe

Marlene

Re: A Grain of Sand at Arm's Length
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »

It racks my mind too Joe!  Just plain awesome!

Marlene

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 09:17:58 PM »

I think this has been discussed here before, but I don't remember this quote: "There are at least 100 stars in the universe for every grain of sand on earth."

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/539329.html

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 12:19:33 AM »

Joe, Joe , Joe,

There you go again, Wow (2 x 10^11) x (8 x 10^10) = 16 x 10^ 21 x WOW (3 x 11^17)10 plus throw an extra quintillion12. Now you went and did it, i almost went into terminal quark annihilation mode from all that math. Crazy thing is i almost understand it and no white suits and nets around.

All joking aside, we do live in a fairly large universe, this below though is what is mind boggling.

Isa 9: 6-7 (CLV)
6 For a Boy (Son) is born to us; a Son is given to us, and the chieftainship shall come to be on His shoulder, and His name is called "Marvelous.Counsel to the master shall He bring, to the chief of the future, welfare."

7 To the increase of the chieftainship (kingdom), and to the welfare shall be no end. On the throne of David, and over his kingdom, to prepare it, and to brace it with judgment and with justice, henceforth and in the future eon. The zeal of Yahweh of hosts will do this."

Witness
Luk 1: 32-33 (CLV)
32 He shall be great, and Son of the Most High shall He be called. And the Lord God shall be giving Him the throne of David,

33 His father, and He shall reign over the house of Jacob for the eons. And of His kingdom there shall be no consummation." (no End)

george. ;D

rockrdude

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 09:36:15 AM »

What an amazing picture that is... and what an amazing God we serve!

Simply Wow.. This adds even more perspective to Ray's teaching on the creation, doesn't it?

(You cannot convince me God created this without some real time involved. Any artist will tell you their best works take much time.)

Thanks for sharing this picture. It is quite beautiful, awe-inspiring, and also very humbling.
The God who created that, and who is greater than that, created me... and loves me!  :)

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 12:57:28 PM »

It racks my mind too Joe!  Just plain awesome!

Marlene

Not only is this an amazing thing that we all call the physical universe which can be seen by the physical eye,but can you just imagine what the Spirit realm could be like in the invisible realm of the Spirit.To me at least,the invisible has got to be off the map. :o ??? ;)

Peace...Mark

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 05:05:26 PM »

What an amazing picture that is... and what an amazing God we serve!

The God who created that, and Who is greater than that, created me... and loves me!  :)

rockrdude,
your words caused me to smile really, really, big!

thanks for the inspiration they gave.

and dear brother joe,
thank you for bringing this to the forum. so many, many, many reasons to give praise and honor and glory to our God and Father, and His Son Jesus Christ!!!

claudia

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 05:09:13 PM »

Quote from: Marky Mark link=topic=10156.msg86594#msg86594 date=1244991448
[b
Not only is this an amazing thing that we all call the physical universe which can be seen by the physical eye,but can you just imagine what the Spirit realm could be like in the invisible realm of the Spirit.To me at least,the invisible has got to be off the map. :o ??? ;)[/b]

truer words cannot be said than these.

thanks mark for that thought provoking, mind blowing statement.

claudia

Beloved

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »

here is a little video that you might enjoy (not for dial up probably)

a littel visual image of God's Universe...the prt that we can see but what else does it hold?

http://www.space.com/common/media/video/player.php?videoRef=mm31A_ScaleUniverse

All is of God

beloved

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »

WOW WOW WOW!!!!
beloved,
that clip just absolutely causes my spirit to just say WOW. i mean, our God is so BIG and so GREAT. and to even begin to understand that HE created it ALL. there is more out THERE than we can see HERE. just like there is so so much more in HIS SPIRIT than we have even begun to see. when i try to imagine what awaits us upon resurrection, and when CHRIST is ALL in ALL, my human brain almost just shuts down for lack of vision into it all.

thanks for the great link.

the more we see, and the more we learn, confirms that in this flesh we really see and know so very little.

our GOD is such an AWESOME FATHER!!!

claudia

gmik

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 11:03:43 PM »

Awesome Links and discussion....Topic is tooooooooo big to fathom even by one grain of sand ..... enjoy this link...my favorite......www.denean.com/documents/161.html .... if this didn't work just go to Denean's website and click on Hubble presentation....Listen to the haunting song about Angels as you watch Hubble pictures....AWESOME.....Let me know what ya think..

crystal

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 12:55:00 AM »

Sooooo cool is our God and Maker and Creator of all! He's the One who walks on water, Who calms the mighty sea, He is the
Master-Mind behind this master-piece I see, The universe the stars the worlds, and every living thing, I know my life is in Your hands,
Yours hands have given life to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.