bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A short version of my testimony.  (Read 5992 times)

crystal

A short version of my testimony.
« on: June 15, 2009, 02:20:43 AM »

How to start? I guess its that I've had a sense of God from the time I was little as far back as I can remember. Then at the age of 16 a friends mother talked to me about Jesus and "lead me to the Lord" meaning I said the sinners prayer and went on my merry way living a life of sin, with a consciences about it, but non the less unable to stop sinning.

Then in my late 20's I had an unusual experience and I became very repentant or grieved or ashamed (or all of the above) about my life. I "rededicated my life to the Lord" and entered the church. I was in the church for about 12 years. A couple of different ones. First a Baptist church then a Evangelical Free church and then a Charismatic church. I did women's bible study for eight solid years, but I felt like I was still spiritually starving, and I was! All those years of church and bible study did teach me one very useful thing though and that was to ask God to give me a hunger for the truth that I somehow new I was not getting. So through a process of a few years, God brought me out and it was a painful process I won't go into.

I began to study the Word on my own, wholly dependant on the Spirit of God to teach me. For the lack of a better way to say it I began to hone in on the spiritual aspect of the Scriptures and I knew God was showing me things I had not known or been taught before. At times I would be very frustrated, but I know now it was because of all the idols of the heart that I had been taught and latched on to that just didn't jive with the Truth of the Word.

I would pray and ask God to give me understanding. I wanted so desperately to understand what I was not understanding and so I would pray for the truth no matter what the truth was, no matter the cost. I was hungry and thirsting for the Truth! I also would ask God to send me a "Paul the apostle kind of teacher" to help me see what I was not seeing. Boy did I get my prayer answered and then some. I understand that God could of taken the blinders off any way He wanted, but He chose to do it through bibletruths.com.

I can't remember how I first happened on to the site, but I know now it was God answering my prayers, that He had me praying in the first place. The first thing I read was Lazarus and the Rich Man. It made more sense to me than any other explanation of that parable I had ever heard before. Well I chewed on that for awhile and moved on. I read the letters to Kennedy and Hagee. Then the Lake of Fire Series. Whoa, I mean Whoa!!! My house built upon the sand came crashing down. "A stone was cast and fell upon me, Bitter water made to drink, Hidden idols ground to powder, Given ears to hear and eyes to see, Now I stand upon this stone, To trust and lean on Christ alone, To be purified by His pure Light, In Christ alone my spirit takes flight.

As the true gospel of the kingdom was (and still is) being presented to me I can truly say my heart is being pierced through by the double edged spiritual sword of the Word to the dividing of soul and spirit, joints and marrow and to the discerning of the thoughts and intents of my heart. A circumcision made without hands cutting out all those hidden idols of the heart!  "and a sword will pierce your own soul -to the end that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed." Luke 2:35

I believe the Lord was preparing me for the Truth of His Word that whole time alone with Him in the wilderness and indeed in my whole life so far. I am so overjoyed and grateful and humbled to receive the Truth and to be partakers with you all in the Truth. I am learning (hearing and seeing) so much and have so much to learn. I just can't stop praying "Come Lord Jesus ,Come".  The Spirit and the bride say, "Come". And let the one who hears say, "Come". And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost. Revelation 22:17

Sorry the short version of my testimony is so long winded. Also I want you to know I am praying along with you for the healing of Mr. L Ray Smith (my Paul kind of teacher) according to the good and perfect will of the Father.

In the grace of the Lord Jesus,   Crystal

" Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit. 2Corinthians 3:17-18

aqrinc

Re: A short version of my testimony.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 02:42:30 AM »

Crystal,

Great first post and better second post, now you have set a high standard. Can't wait to see the best post from you now.

Kidding aside, your Joy is my joy too, again welcome and take a seat please.

Mar 4: 13-14 (CLV)
13  And He said to them, Do you not know this parable? And how then will you know all parables?
14  The sower sows the Word.

george. :)

firefly77

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 03:12:08 AM »

Crystal,
Thank you for sharing your testimony... I am not sure I can even describe in words how I felt when I read it... excited, overjoyed, happy, thankful, grateful, and glad. It is so marvelous to know when one hungers and thirsts for the truth, God is more than willing to supply it and lead you to the right place.

Angie

cherokee

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:12:28 AM »

Hey Crystal,

Thanks for sharing your testimony. I can relate to alot of what you have said as I am sure most, if not all can. It is so amazing how we all share similar experiences and a great desire for seeking truth..

Blessings,
Suzie

rockrdude

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 09:12:47 AM »

Welcome, Crystal.. and thank you for what you wrote. I am already in awe of our amazing God this morning, and now I am in greater awe of His saving power.

It will be great getting to know you as we all journey together through life.. so welcome!  :)

meee

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »

Hi Crystal,     not long winded at all, it was beautiful!      I relate totally.
                          meee

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »

Hi Crystal,     not long winded at all, it was beautiful!      I relate totally.
                          meee

Ditto  :)

Marques

Kat

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 11:27:03 AM »

Hi Crystal,

It is always wonderful to hear how one is lead to the truth.  We are in this together now and I hope we can hold one another up, even if it is just here on the internet.  We are so blessed to have this group to meet with and now we can rejoice that you are here too.

Luke 15:10 Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Martin

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »

That was beautiful Crystal. A testimony like yours is so inspiring and gives me joy.
 Thank you for sharing.
 Its amazing how we can see that your testimony is of God, but the blind would think you were possessed and would want to rebuke, and all that other Babylonian stuff they do to the truth.
 Aw the truth is so sweet.
 Nice to meet you Crystal.

Peace
Roy 8)

meee

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 01:25:54 PM »

That was beautiful Crystal. A testimony like yours is so inspiring and gives me joy.
 Thank you for sharing.
 Its amazing how we can see that your testimony is of God, but the blind would think you were possessed and would want to rebuke, and all that other Babylonian stuff they do to the truth.
 Aw the truth is so sweet.
 Nice to meet you Crystal.

Peace
Roy 8)

Yep and also that we belong to a cult,heheheh!
meee

crystal

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 03:27:55 PM »

Thank you all for your encouraging replies and warm welcomes. As I have said in another post "I am so excited to have finally found you". It can be very lonely out there with no one to share like minded conversation and fellowship. As I read many posts I can see how you all bless one another with comfort and encouragement and truth. Gods truth in His Word. So very refreshing! I am learning so much from all of you and how God works through His people.

Blessings,  Crystal

larissa4676

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 02:07:21 AM »

Hey Crystal. Sorry about my manners...Welcome and be transformed.

Larissa

ez2u

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 02:41:58 AM »

/crystal  that was a beautiful insightful post  thanks for sharing   ;D  peggy

bambam

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 03:00:10 AM »

Wow.  I wanted the truth too and this is where I ended up as well.  Amazing isn't it.  One thing that kept bringing me back here was stories like this-they seem to all have a similar ring-a hunger for the absolute truth-that's were I am-I'm hungry.  Loved to hear your story-I can totally relate!!  Welcome! :)

Beth

crystal

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 05:11:13 AM »

Thank you Beth

From the mouth of our Savior "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." Matthew 5:6

"I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst." John 6:35

" but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal (eonian) life."

Your sister in Christ,  Crystal
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.