bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Persecutions  (Read 8504 times)

meee

Persecutions
« on: June 15, 2009, 01:50:44 PM »

I'm re-reading #3 LOF papers.
           I'm just wondering if we are to suffer persecution for our faith and we are, then shouldn't we tell all, what we're believing?
           I've left Babylon, but haven't told them I've left. My hubby is still  in Babylon, and hasn't once said, if anyone even bothers to ask where his wife and grandson are.        I'm pretty much a home body and don't belong to clubs or a Bible study group anymore . I haven't asked Elmer if anyone ask where I am either,sooo~~~.      I know some that have many followers of our Lord, for friends, but since leaving Babylon haven't told their friends what they believe, so they are persecuted either for their belief.
            Ray wrote:I can tell you on the authority of Jesus Christ, God’s Word, and the Apostle Paul, that unless you are SUFFERING real PERSECUTION, you are NOT a follower of Jesus Christ nor are you living godly in Christ Jesus! pg 31
           Now, I have suffered after telling my sister some things, but are we to tell the church we last attended , why we are not attending anymore and tell any friend we might have that believes on the LORD?
           I guess my main question is, shouldn't we be telling all? Not keeping it hid until, maybe we're asked, then tell?
           Thanks for listening, hugs,meee

Roy Martin

Re: Persecutions
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 02:15:30 PM »

Hello Meee,
 Mathew 10:27 Whatever I tell you in the dark,speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the house tops.
Mathew 10:32  Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.

Mathew 10:34-39

Peace
Roy

meee

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 02:40:54 PM »

Yea Roy, but do we wait to be asked or blurt it out?
          If I'm asked I do tell, but like I said, it seems no one is asking, at least that I have heard about. Glen hasn't called me and asked why I'm not in church, and this is the Pastor my hubby thinks is so great.   
 meee

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »

Yea Roy, but do we wait to be asked or blurt it out?
          If I'm asked I do tell, but like I said, it seems no one is asking, at least that I have heard about. Glen hasn't called me and asked why I'm not in church, and this is the Pastor my hubby thinks is so great.   
 meee

Hi meee,

One counsel i can give you, do not ask for persecution, it will find you and really turn up the heat in GOD'S TIME. While you can, learn, rest, and be prepared to give an answer for your faith when asked.

george. :)

meee

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 03:10:14 PM »

Thanks George, I'll do as you say. I'll keep waiting for someone to notice I'm not around, maybe that will happen and maybe not. I make that kind of an inpact sometimes,lol.
             hugs,meee

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 03:10:30 PM »

Hi meee,

One counsel i can give you, do not ask for persecution, it will find you and really turn up the heat in GOD'S TIME. While you can, learn, rest, and be prepared to give an answer for your faith when asked.

Well said George...also Mee, try not to look for ways to show or prove your faith. The Lord knows exactly how much faith you have because He gave it to you...He'll increase as He determines your readiness.

Like George said, rest, study, keep the faith...and be prepared as fiery trials are always right around the corner.

Marques

Roy Martin

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 03:37:35 PM »

Meee, I certainly agree with George and Marques. The scriptures I quoted weren't to encourage you to bring persecutions on yourself by going about looking for a fight.
  Don't feel alone when people you thought were so Godly don't come inquiring.
 Its almost daily that I get to tell someone about what I have learned here, and still learning, but mostly of how I've grown in Christ now that I know the truth. Funny thing is most people I share with will say, well that makes sense, or, Ive always wondered about that, or I never thought about it like that.
 I won't let myself get into debate, but I sure don't have a problem telling anyone about the true and real God, of what I know.

Peace
Roy

meee

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 04:27:46 PM »

OK guys, I see.     
                 Roy, I don't want to ever debate either, I'd never ever win.  I remember Ray Smith saying, "don't go there " That has stuck with me.
                 How,when ,where, what comes about though ,I'll trust Holy Spirit to take it and run with it.
                 I appreciate the replies guys.
                         hugs,meee

Samson

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 06:50:35 PM »

I'm re-reading #3 LOF papers.
           I'm just wondering if we are to suffer persecution for our faith and we are, then shouldn't we tell all, what we're believing?
           I've left Babylon, but haven't told them I've left. My hubby is still  in Babylon, and hasn't once said, if anyone even bothers to ask where his wife and grandson are.        I'm pretty much a home body and don't belong to clubs or a Bible study group anymore . I haven't asked Elmer if anyone ask where I am either,sooo~~~.      I know some that have many followers of our Lord, for friends, but since leaving Babylon haven't told their friends what they believe, so they are persecuted either for their belief.
            Ray wrote:I can tell you on the authority of Jesus Christ, God’s Word, and the Apostle Paul, that unless you are SUFFERING real PERSECUTION, you are NOT a follower of Jesus Christ nor are you living godly in Christ Jesus! pg 31
           Now, I have suffered after telling my sister some things, but are we to tell the church we last attended , why we are not attending anymore and tell any friend we might have that believes on the LORD?
           I guess my main question is, shouldn't we be telling all? Not keeping it hid until, maybe we're asked, then tell?
           Thanks for listening, hugs,meee

Hello Mee,

I thought this excerpt from Winning Souls for Jesus from Ray might help, I copied and pasted this for you.
See below in Blue.

"Ye are the salt of the earth… Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid… Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 5:1,14,16).

Salt does not make any noise, and light does not argue Scriptures. Neither salt nor light makes any sound whatsoever. Maybe there is a lesson in there.

Too many people learn a few truths of God and think that they are ready to take on the world. They usually start by trying to embarrass their Pastor with their new-gained knowledge. Usually they fall flat on their face on the very first try. It’s all about motivation. If your motivation is carnal, God will not back you. Yes, I know, all of you are saying: "But my motivation is to show them God’s truths." Yes, sure, I understand, but THEY DON’T WANT TO HEAR GOD’S TRUTHS, and you already know this, so what is your point? Leave them alone and let them taste your salt and see your light and admire your good works, and perchance they will even praise God for your new-found humility,

You will never argue anyone into accepting the truths of God’s Word. As salesmen are often taught: "You might win the argument, but loose the sale," so don’t argue. And this: "He who is persuaded against his will; is of the same opinion still."

I receive a lot of emails from people who beg me to come to their rescue because they are about to have a second session with their pastor or friend, but have failed miserably on the first go-round. Now they want me to give them the ammunition they need to do a slam-dunk on their second attempt to embarrass their pastor or friend. Give it up—that attitude is wrong. Such a carnal exhibition of prideful flesh is akin to someone looking for a street fight merely because he has just acquired a black belt in karate.

HOW TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH

I personally know a man who has his little wife working two jobs to support their family so that he can study the Scriptures and enter into doctrinal debates with other Christians at the local Caf� as a perpetual hobby. Notice the admonition of the Apostle Peter:

"Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; having your conversation [Gk: ‘conduct’] honest [Gk: ‘honorable’] among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may BY YOUR GOOD WORKS, [Not your clever Bible arguments], which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation" (I Pet. 2:11-12).

Your good works and righteous character will pay dividends to others eventually—if not in this life, then in the Judgment.

Sorry Mee, the above was supposed to be in blue, instead it's in black, my comment is in
blue instead, below is the paragraph that I thought stood out and believe me, if anyone on this Forum loves to tell
others about Judgement in Righteousness, Chastisement is temporary, All Mankind is eventually going to be saved, Jesus really is the Savior of the World; 1John.4:14, 1Tim. 4:10; 2:3-6; Isaiah. 26:9; Matt. 25:46; etc,etc. I'm a
former JW and enjoyed telling others about the Bible, but as the paragraph I'm emphasizing below shows, if they
don't want to hear it, you won't convince them anyway and Spiritual Darkness can't comprehend Spiritual Light,
until God removes the darkness, first.

But my motivation is to show them God’s truths." Yes, sure, I understand, but THEY DON’T WANT TO HEAR GOD’S TRUTHS, and you already know this, so what is your point? Leave them alone and let them taste your salt and see your light and admire your good works, and perchance they will even praise God for your new-found humility,

The above paragraph from the excerpt of that Sub-heading from Ray stood out for me.

Hope this helps, Samson.

P.S. Sorry for the color confusion.

Roy Martin

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 07:24:15 PM »

let them taste your salt and see your light and admire your good works, and perchance they will even praise God for your new-found humility. Good words Sampson.

It never seizes to amaze me how one minute I think I'm right about something and the next minute someone here puts out something that makes me grow in truth and wisdom, and my carnal thinking slowly bites the dust, loving every minute of it every time it happens, and it happens all the time.
 Who says eating humble pie isn't good, especially with whip cream and pecans.

Peace
Roy

Amrhrasach

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 07:30:19 PM »

Who is Carrie Bradshaw?  No really, I don't know.

Gary

Samson

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 07:30:27 PM »

Speaking of Persecutions....

Carrie Bradshaw has now posted a Hub that attacks any "followers" of Ray Smith.  She claims anyone who shares Ray's understand of the Scriptures is a follower of Ray and his cult.  She also says that she will only accept posts that are "inspired of the holy spirit" and that God is leading her in war against the cult that we are.  She compared us to David and Goliath.  I'm assuming she thinks of herself as David and us the bad mean giant.

I almost choked from laughing and praised God for this persecution.  obviously I have ruffled this woman's feathers w/truthful scripture to such a degree that she now feels compelled to attack Ray and his entire site and conveniently will only approve posts from those Christians who agree with her.  Common tactic from those that know they are lairs and want to make it appear as if all agree with them.

Hi Jaccobsladder,

The above is a good example of why I posted to Mee, prior to your Post. Hell No, Babylon has
Fallen-aka-Daywalker and Yourself did an excellent job at Scriptural example's and illustrations to help convince her
that everyone would eventually be saved, punishment is only temporary and remedial, we don't have Free Will, God
is not composed of a Trinity, etc, etc, and she still remains in Spiritual Darkness. Maybe you planted a seed, but until
God removes those negative characteristics of excessive pride and stubborness and perhaps that Love of belonging
to the "Christendom" status quo and " Loving the World and it's Wisdom" instead of a Love of the Unadulterated Truth,
she will remain in Spiritual Darkness. God has to call her out first.

Kind Regards Brother, Samson.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:58:43 PM by Samson »

meee

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 07:32:39 PM »

Yes, it helps Samson,thanks a bunch.       When I get my screen to stop going black on me, I can spend some time searching here better .
Just in the last couple minutes I've had to push the monitor button to bring the screen back. My daughter had her monitor and her cable here today and now we detect that is my monitor is bad. She's calling Dell for me and I'll have a new monitor shortly,I hope. It's still under warranty,soooo.
 Yes,Jacobs Ladder, we're thought of as a cult, when actually most of Churchyosity is the cult.  
I have to go before I pull my white hair out by the roots, with this going black thing happening every few seconds.
Thanks everyone, luvya's,meee
PS: you were posting Roy as I was, and a big Amen to your's , I too am humbled by ya'll's post here.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 08:05:13 PM »

Hi meee,

Amen and amen.  Our Lord knew when the time was right for Him to suffer the ultimate sacrifice and did NOT allow others to dictate that unto Him.  Don't turn the work and wisdom of God into some sort of religious obligation or so-called work of righteousness.  That's the worst thing you can do. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

G. Driggs

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 08:23:06 PM »

Thanks meee for starting this topic, and thank you all for providing very good answers. This has been something weighing on my mind also.

Peace, G.Driggs

rbn

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 02:36:35 AM »

I once met a Christian one day who talked of hell and I said to him everyone is going to be saved. He said, "You are funny."

I have a quote from a book written by a medical doctor which sums up human nature. "Get into your head that a human being has the freedom to choose what to believe or not to believe. This power to choose is called the Will. The main beliefs between which the Will must choose are that in a given condition you are either secure or insecure...Beliefs are frequently stubborn and obstinate. They become fixed offering resistance to the summons of the Will."

Many feel secure with teachings of error and blindness. They feel insecure with teachings of truth.

The apostle Paul had the resistance to truth about Jesus being the Messiah. God broke that resistance by striking Paul with light from above. Only God can change human resistance. Only God can change his Will.

Hope this helps.

rbn

jopie

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 04:58:22 AM »

Hi Mee.

I came out of the Pentecostal Church,and was a leader of our Men's group.
The Lord had been working in my heart, and it got to the point that I had to go.

I told the Men at the meeting that The Lord was taking me on a journey and that I
would not be coming back.
The Pastor would sometimes attend our meetings but he was not there that night.
I never told him, thinking I would receive a call from him and find out what is going on.

After a year went by my wife told me that if I was not going back, I should talk with him
and cancel my membership, which I did, my wife still attends.

I have grown more in the Lord since I left then all the years I went to church.
Funny thing is, that God has given me so much love for every body including the
church people.

Now I volunteer, making sandwiches every Sunday and feeding the poor.
The blessings I receive are beyond measure.

I think it's good to be up front with your decision, but take action when you are ready.
Blessings to all.
John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.