bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paradise  (Read 6074 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Paradise
« on: June 08, 2006, 10:35:02 PM »

Ray:

Hi Ray, How are you? Christine here. I have a question (or comment) regarding an email that was posted recently in the forum about paradise and heaven.  

In an exchange with Scot you said (bold are mine):  

..DON'T "assume" that "paradise" means heaven. Why would you do that? Is there any Scriptural justification for that?  NO, no there isn't. In what way do the Scriptures liken paradis(e) to heaven? Most theologians assume things that AREN'T there, and then teach the absolute opposite of what things ARE in the Scriptures. "Paradise" is a Persian word that means "park or garden." ..

Doesn't 2 Cor 12:2-4 refer to paradise as “the third heaven?  

2Co 12:2-4  I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Not asking on an explanation of what/where is paradise, as I know you said this in not on the top of your priority list and you will write about it sometime in the future… just bringing this to your attention, as it drew some questions.

Thanks,

Christine

Dear Christine:

Exactly.  But don't think that the "third heaven" is a geographical location higher than the first or second heaven.  What is heaven?   Where is heaven?

God be with you,

Ray
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 03:45:52 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.