bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hold Fast our Profession  (Read 5839 times)

aqrinc

Hold Fast our Profession
« on: June 15, 2009, 07:23:46 PM »

Hoping that these Scriptures will answer some questions and also show each person that reads, a very important lesson we have each been taught already. Most of us have testified in small or large part about what brought us to this point.

We have stated we understand because; our eyes and ears are now opened to some degree. See if these Scriptures Ring a bell with some extremely important teaching from L. Ray Smith repeated often on this very forum.

Below 10 verses from (MKJV)

Pro 4:4
He also taught me, and said to me, Let your heart hold fast my words, keep my commandments and live.

Jer 8:5 
Why has this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a never-ending backsliding? They hold fast to deceit; they refuse to return.

1Co 15: 1-2
1  And, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and in which you stand;
2  by which you also are being kept safe, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

2Ti 1:13 
Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Heb 3:6 
But Christ was faithful as a Son over his own house; whose house we are, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

Heb 4:14 
Since then we have a great High Priest who has passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Rev 2:13 
I know your works, and where you live, even where Satan's seat is . And you hold fast My name and have not denied My faith, even in those days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwells.

Rev 3:3 
Remember then how you have received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.

Rev 3:11 
Behold, I come quickly. Hold fast to that which you have, so that no one may take your crown.

After reading the above verses, see if this Chapter of 1 Corinthians speak to you about how knowledge given to us should be treated.

1Co 13: 1-13 (EMTV) English Majority Text Version
1  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become as sounding brass or a clashing cymbal.
2  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3  And though I give away all my possessions to feed the poor, and though I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4  Love is patient, love is kind; love does not envy; love does not boast, is not puffed up;
5  does not behave disgracefully, does not seek its own, is not provoked to anger, thinks no evil;
6  does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;

7  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8  Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they shall pass away; whether there are tongues, they shall cease; whether there is knowledge, it shall pass away.

9  Now we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10  But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is partial shall pass away.

11  When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I thought as a child, I reasoned as a child; but when I became a man, I put away the things of the child.

12  For now we see through a mirror by reflection, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13  And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

george :) ??? :-*.

G. Driggs

Re: Hold Fast our Profession
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 08:09:20 PM »

Thank you George, Words to live by indeed.

Peace and Love

G.Driggs

kenny

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 01:23:21 AM »

Hoping that these Scriptures will answer some questions and also show each person that reads, a very important lesson we have each been taught already. Most of us have testified in small or large part about what brought us to this point.

We have stated we understand because; our eyes and ears are now opened to some degree. See if these Scriptures Ring a bell with some extremely important teaching from L. Ray Smith repeated often on this very forum.

Below 10 verses from (MKJV)

Pro 4:4
He also taught me, and said to me, Let your heart hold fast my words, keep my commandments and live.

Jer 8:5 
Why has this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a never-ending backsliding? They hold fast to deceit; they refuse to return.

1Co 15: 1-2
1  And, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and in which you stand;
2  by which you also are being kept safe, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

2Ti 1:13 
Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Heb 3:6 
But Christ was faithful as a Son over his own house; whose house we are, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.

Heb 4:14 
Since then we have a great High Priest who has passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Rev 2:13 
I know your works, and where you live, even where Satan's seat is . And you hold fast My name and have not denied My faith, even in those days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwells.

Rev 3:3 
Remember then how you have received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.

Rev 3:11 
Behold, I come quickly. Hold fast to that which you have, so that no one may take your crown.

After reading the above verses, see if this Chapter of 1 Corinthians speak to you about how knowledge given to us should be treated.

1Co 13: 1-13 (EMTV) English Majority Text Version
1  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become as sounding brass or a clashing cymbal.
2  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3  And though I give away all my possessions to feed the poor, and though I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4  Love is patient, love is kind; love does not envy; love does not boast, is not puffed up;
5  does not behave disgracefully, does not seek its own, is not provoked to anger, thinks no evil;
6  does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;

7  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8  Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they shall pass away; whether there are tongues, they shall cease; whether there is knowledge, it shall pass away.

9  Now we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10  But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is partial shall pass away.

11  When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I thought as a child, I reasoned as a child; but when I became a man, I put away the things of the child.

12  For now we see through a mirror by reflection, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13  And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

george :) ??? :-*.

A mature christian is a hard thing to find George, for very few are chosen and fewer yet mature.

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 02:07:27 AM »

Hi Kenny,

The Scriptures teach us about maturing (growing in Jesus Christ), you are right. Mature Christians are hard to find, even harder to make, based on all the evidence placed before us in Scripture.

Holding Fast to what The Spirit Teaches us and not doubting always, is growing in The Grace and knowledge Of GOD THE FATHER And our Lord Jesus Christ. Growing is moving towards maturity, and even mature Christians will fall sometimes, in fact many times until That Day.

GOD Is giving us an experience of evil; Ecc 1:13 to humble us, when we become humble like Jesus Christ Is, then we become mature.

Ecc 11:5 (MKJV)
As you do not know what is the way of the spirit, as how the bones grow in the pregnant woman's womb; even so you do not know the works of God who makes all.

2Pe 3: 17-18 (ASV)
17  Ye therefore, beloved, knowing these things beforehand, beware lest, being carried away with the error of the wicked, ye fall from your own stedfastness.

18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and for ever. Amen.

george. :)

meee

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:33:31 AM »

Hi Kenny,

The Scriptures teach us about maturing (growing in Jesus Christ), you are right. Mature Christians are hard to find, even harder to make, based on all the evidence placed before us in Scripture.

Holding Fast to what The Spirit Teaches us and not doubting always, is growing in The Grace and knowledge Of GOD THE FATHER And our Lord Jesus Christ. Growing is moving towards maturity, and even mature Christians will fall sometimes, in fact many times until That Day.

GOD Is giving us an experience of evil; Ecc 1:13 to humble us, when we become humble like Jesus Christ Is, then we become mature.

Ecc 11:5 (MKJV)
As you do not know what is the way of the spirit, as how the bones grow in the pregnant woman's womb; even so you do not know the works of God who makes all.

2Pe 3: 17-18 (ASV)
17  Ye therefore, beloved, knowing these things beforehand, beware lest, being carried away with the error of the wicked, ye fall from your own stedfastness.

18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and for ever. Amen.

george

Not doubting and being doubleminded, these will keep us babes on milk.  I'm still in the nursery, but am progressing as I leave these 2 things of the flesh behind. Thanks for the post George!
                         luvya,meee

bunnylife

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 01:54:15 PM »

George those are beautiful scriptures. Thank you. I know that knowing the truth (or having knowledge of it) is not the same as walking in the truth.

John 14:6 (NKJV) 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." This is a progression or a process of growth or maturity. Eonian Life, the tree of Life, Jesus (Love) - the Way (Jesus is the door) is the first step. Jesus is the Truth. It is growing in Jesus, which is growing in Love.

I have seen some people on here that knew the truth but became very frustrated. I know some that knew the truth and no longer believes the truth at all. So having knowledge of this wonderful truth does nothing if we do not applied (walking) it to our lives daily. It is trusting Daddy, Father God loves us to give us both the evil and good experiences to transform us into His image right on time. That nothing will stop Father God .. the all consuming fire, to finish the work He (not us) started in us. Love never fails and Love Saves All. John 8:32(CLV) "and you will know the truth, and the truth will be making you free." Making us free unto the path of Love. Hold fast (guard or like on a watch) the Truth.. see how many times it is repeated. I counted seven times from KJV. It must be very, very important and precious.

Proverbs 24:16
"For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: .." Mature believers do fall but that get up again and immature fall but they can choose to get up again. We all fall down but get up again. Daddy, Father God is always with us ... the whole way through life. Nothing but nothing can separate us from His Love.

Romans 8:38-39 (NKJV)

38 "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Knowing that that God is in control of everything, makes me feel so safe in His arms of Love. I do not feel like a puppet or robot but His child. He sets the boundaries just as any loving parent would do. He sets the rules. And to me that is comforting.. I can now rest even in the midst of trials. My companions are pain and suffering and somewhere along this journey of life they become peace and joy.

James 1:2-3 (CLV)
1:2 "All joy deem it, my brethren, whenever you should be falling into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith is producing endurance." [courageous, steadfast, or patient "endurance" that does not lose hope in the face of obstacles, persecutions, trials, or temptations]

All glory and honor to Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father!

In His Joy,
Bunni

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »

I Second, every thing you said, Bunni.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 02:51:01 PM »

James 1:2-3 (CLV)
1:2 "All joy deem it, my brethren, whenever you should be falling into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith is producing endurance." [courageous, steadfast, or patient "endurance" that does not lose hope in the face of obstacles, persecutions, trials, or temptations]

Me three Bunni,

We all want the Fruits, the problem is that in the middle of everything being overturned, most times we lose sight of the objective.

I put it like this; put your forehead right onto whatever you are looking at and the perspective gets very blurred. Move backwards and the view (perspective) starts to change, reverse this analogy and see what happens.

meee,

This is how our walk is daily, seen from a distance even a high wall we need to cross looks like a part of the landscape. When we get right up to the wall, we keep looking up but only see wall. Unless we take the final step of going over, under, or around the wall, forward progress stops right there. Of course we can go back to the comfortable things we left behind rather than muster up the trust (Faith given to us) to take that leap over the wall.

Heb 11:1 (ASV)
Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen.

Rom 10: 16-21 (KJV)
16  But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
18  But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
19  But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
20  But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
21  But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

george. :)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 02:52:29 PM by aqr »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.