bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A rainbow of God's love in the sky  (Read 6791 times)

firefly77

A rainbow of God's love in the sky
« on: June 16, 2009, 01:08:36 AM »

Today was a hard day emotionally and spiritually. Without going into all the details, my heart was in upheaval all day. I needed a visual love letter from God. We had a mighty wet thunderstorm this evening. It felt wonderful and was such a relieve to all the vegetation here. After the storm passed, I went outside to my mailbox and glanced at the sky. There was this awesome beautiful rainbow in the sky and my heart rejoiced because I felt like God saw me and my need and wanted to let me know He was aware.

Genesis 9:12-13 ESV

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

Revelation 4:3 ESV
And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald.

Revelation 10:1 ESV

Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire.

Ezekiel 1:28 ESV

Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

crystal

Re: A rainbow of God's love in the sky
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:19:38 AM »

Hi Firefly77

Sorry about your rough day. Have had my share. Just wanted to encourage you with this spiritual picture inspired by some of the same Scriptures you have posted. To let you know you are right. God sees you and care's about what your going through. Its just one verse, but I think you will see the picture.

When I soar into the endless life
Where boundless love surrounds me
And colors glow from shinning Light
Like diamomds dancing, His fire bright
Pure delight, Loves pure delight

musicman

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 04:02:41 PM »

Has anyone taken a literal analogy involving what a rainbow is?  It's cased by light passing through raindrops.  God is a symbol for light.

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 04:05:13 PM »

So when God's light passes through our teardrops what a beautiful rainbow it would make! That's nice, musicman!
Kathy ;)

bluzman

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 04:11:37 PM »

I'm just a burnin burnin hunk of coal.
    Bluzman

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 03:08:45 AM »

I have always thought of God when I saw a rainbow. One, time when we were in the mountains in AZ on a vacation. It was raining on one side of the street and not on the other side. Then, a beautiful triple rainbow came out.  An awesome experience.

I love the literal analogyof the rainbow Musicman

Angie the scriptures you presented are awesome and I will mark those in my Bible.

In His Love,
Marlene

meefsgirl

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 09:28:06 AM »

firefly,

What a beautiful gift the Lord gave you today. I hope you have a better day tomorrow and remember that His mercies are new every morning.

Peace, blessings, light and life,

meefsgirl

firefly77

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 10:25:23 AM »

Thanks to all who commented and prayed for me as well. The last couple of days I have had such peace in my heart.
Sometimes God uses even the bumper sticker of someone else's car to comfort you. Yesterday as I was driving to town and waiting for the traffic light to turn green, there was this car in front of me with a bumper sticker saying: "You have not been forgotten." It spoke right to my heart  :). We also had more storms yesterday evening and while I walking my dogs,  I saw another rainbow. There is something so very special about a rainbow.
Yes, musicman, your comment was great!
Angie

bluzman

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 02:15:02 PM »

I'm just a burnin burnin hunk of coal.
    Bluzman
[/quote
            Sorry folks, But I posted this in the wrong place. The subject was diamonds.
                 Bluzman

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 03:15:38 PM »

That's funny, bluzman, I smiled when I read your reply because I knew what you were referring to! Coal under pressure becomes a diamond! "I'm just an old lump of coal now Lord, but I'm gonna be a diamond some day"
Johnny Cash said it best:      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecH6EQPFaeE   I want to be a diamond!! Too bad we can't do it, but God can!!!
Smiles!
Kathy ;)

bluzman

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 05:51:02 PM »

Thanks Kathy, I thought everyone missed it.
Some of these songs get right to the point, and can have deep spiritual meanings.
      Ches

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 07:49:56 PM »

You're right they do! thank you for making me think of that one!
Kathy :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 01:13:57 AM »

i heard a statement today that is as true on a physical level as it is on a spiritual level. it said "you can't have a rainbow without the rain". i thought that spiritually speaking, without going through the rain that seems to pour down on us in various trials and hardships, we cannot experience the rainbow of our Father's covenant of promise that He will never leave us alone or give us more than we can bear.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.