bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: where to fellowship  (Read 6636 times)

aktara

where to fellowship
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:40:57 AM »

hi

my name is aktara and i live in South Africa and im looking for memebers that i can fellowship with arounf the Gauteng province so if there's anyone out there please let me know how i can contact you. one thing that Ray told us he wants to do is to teach us the principles that govern the Scriptures so that we can have a better understanding of God, His plan and purpose for the human race. There aren't so many people that i can fellowship with in my area i wana grow in my walk with God and having believers of like-minded i think will really go a long way in helping me, please let me know i would really appreacite it

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: where to fellowship
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »

Hi Aktara.  I know there are a number of South Africans who are members of the forum and I'm sure you will be hearing from some.  I hope in the meantime you continue to see the forum as a place to fellowship as well.  Most of us are not in a position to meet in person very often and know very well what you are talking about.  This, too, is from God.  We are learning to look to Him as the author and finisher of our faith, and sometimes (oftentimes) that journey is in ones and twos.  He's able to complete the work He has begun in you.  Don't fret. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Coates

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 06:57:29 PM »

Arcturus is from South Africa, just fyi

Daddysgirl

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 12:59:40 PM »

Arcturus is from South Africa, just fyi

So is me(Matty), Kweli, jassy, Wallaby, Tebza4jesus, stephen and probably more others I'm not remembering at the moment. I think that all the above are from (and around)Gauteng in fact, but they may drop in to confirm.

And.. Welcome Aktara! You are sure to have a time of your life on here  ;)

aktara

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »

thank you very much for your responses guys i really appreciate it. i am very much humbled by your warmth and kindness as you make me feel that im not alone i already feel that im part of the family of bibletruths

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 05:54:21 PM »

thinking of you aktara, and all our forum family members in south africa as i sit here watching the u.s. play spain in the confederations cup semi-final. i am happy that there are a growing number of south africans in our forum family. hopefully you all or some of you are close enough in miles to get together in person. i have only experienced a gathering together of BT family once at last years nashville conference, and i confess that i did not want to leave them and come back home. i truly felt like i had known them all my life, as we connected in the familiar Spirit within each of us.

take care,
claudia

kweli

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 04:54:03 AM »

Hello Aktara. Welcome to the forum. Like Dave said, I believe the forum is a haven for us all. Please do pop in as much as you can to fellowship with the rest of the members. I am in Gauteng so getting together (with whomever may be willing and able...guys?) would be great. I'll inbox you my details so we can take this further.

Claudia, I'm really impressed that you watch the Confed Cup games. If I may ask everybody, would my half-day fasting, sprinkling of 'holy water' on the football pitch and tithe to the nearest church change GOD's mind about the SA vs Brasil result tonight? Cos I dont think we can beat them  :'(  

PS - Aktara: I'm 27, very short and so not charismatic...dont know what that should mean. Just saying.

All Glory to GOD

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 02:40:13 PM »

kweli,
yes, i watch soccer quite abit. have been doing so for about the last 17 yrs. my husband is an avid fan and got me into it too. we will be watching sa vs brasil today. i will be cheering for sa. with the us beating espania yesterday, anything can happen.  :o  i laughed quite loudly when i read about your fasting, sprinkling the pitch with "holy" water, and praying to God. i am praying that if God wills, i can make it over to sa for the world cup next year.

cheers mate,
claudia

kweli

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 08:27:34 AM »

Hi Claudia

Maybe I should have seriously considered the fasting & sprinkling of 'holy' water. Now we lost...BUMMER!

All Glory to GOD (still)

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 12:31:39 AM »

dear kweli,
i cheered loudly for "bfana bfana", the boys, the boys to win. and they did play so well. if that is the same lot that will be playing in the world cup games, all the other teams need to take notice. but as you say, all Glory to God still.

claudia

aktara

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 11:48:25 AM »

i know that God is working everything after the councel of his own will but sometimes things can get so hard and even unbearable but then i guess it comforts knowing that God is in in control but sometimes it's realy painfull

Roy Coates

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 04:33:25 PM »

Hang in there aktara. We must fight till the end, remain faithful even as He is faithful. Prayers go out to you from here in the states. Peace, comfort, healing and grace to you and yours in the mighty name of Jesus.

Roy

aktara

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 04:29:52 PM »

thank you very much for your prayers and words of exhortation i realy appreciate it..........i know that God is always faithful and will see me through, i know that whatever He has planned for me involves trials and pain but it's ok i trust Him
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.