bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A dream  (Read 6648 times)

bambam

A dream
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:42:38 PM »

I had a dream last night.  I met someone wonderful, who was a gentleman.  He was sweet, and kind and nice to me.  He loved me, and wanted to marry me.  I think I loved him, and I knew he was a good man, but the catch was that I was already married.  It sounded all sweet and peachy before that came up in my dream.  This man who wanted to marry me, was everything good and honorable in a man, yet I was already married.  So, to marry him would have been a sin.  In the dream we vowed to meet secretly at a church and get married.  We did not specify what church.  So, I went to a christian church, and he went to a buddhist temple to meet me.  Needless to say we didn't go through with it, because I realized what I was doing.  When he found out I did not want to marry him, he tried so hard to convince me to marry him.  He was never mean or nasty, just pleading with me seemingly as a gentleman, even though he knew I was already married.  

When I woke up, I was bothered.  This is not the first time I have had a dream like this.  There is no one else in my life besides my husband, whom I dearly love.  It just did not make any sense to me because I have absolutely no desire to marry, or fall in love with, or even meet any one else.  I laid in my bed staring at my hubby, thinking and feeling sad that I would dream something like that.  But suddenly, as clear as day I saw exactly in my mind what exactly the dream meant.  

I'm already married, and if I fall in love with someone good, who is only the kindest of gentlemen-if we plan to get married and do everything by the book-saving ourselves for the wedding night etc., does it make any difference??  No.  I would be a harlot anyways.  

The wheels were turning in my head.  The Bible talks alot about being a harlot.  Is it the so called church and church systems in the world that is the harlot?  If you think about it, the church systems sound so good and nice, and you are a good person if you attend and do everything by the book and behave right, but you're still a harlot because your first love should be Christ.

I used to struggle so much with the thought that my church was wrong.  The people are wonderful, and everyone is loving and kind for the most part.  We have been "blessed"  materially, and the church is "growing".  So it held me back from believing that my church could be so wrong.  But it makes so much sense now.  

I remember in my dream thinking, "Wow, he doesn't even want to touch me until we are married, he has good integrity."   But he still tried to woo me from my husband.  Is that what the christian community is doing?  Wooing people away from Christ-the real Christ?  

Maybe you all can point me to some scriptures on this matter.  Thanks. ;)

Beth    

Ninny

Re: A dream
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:02:02 PM »

Beth,
I'll leave the scriptures for someone quicker than I on that, but I'd say this whole thing is reflecting your struggle between being faithful to your husband as pertaining to the ministry and your love of truth as pertaining to Bible Truths. It's a spiritual battle that you are fighting and your body mind and soul are all engaged! I will offer you extra prayer and support! Rest, girl! The battle is the Lords! Put yourself into God's hands and hide there until the battle is won! there is a mighty large refuge in the Heart of God!

Isa 41:10  Fear thou not; am with thee: be not dismayed; for am thy God I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Kathy :-*

meee

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »

Beth , I agree with Kathy. It's this whole struggel within you that is waging war, not even letting you rest in your sleep.       When God directs you will tell your husband about all this and and then some peace will come I believe, for you. It did for me.
         Hold on , we're praying on your behalf, for you, your children and hubby.
                    luv,meee

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 05:24:26 PM »

I had a dream last night.  I met someone wonderful, who was a gentleman.  He was sweet, and kind and nice to me.  He loved me, and wanted to marry me.  I think I loved him, and I knew he was a good man, but the catch was that I was already married.  It sounded all sweet and peachy before that came up in my dream.  This man who wanted to marry me, was everything good and honorable in a man, yet I was already married.  So, to marry him would have been a sin.  In the dream we vowed to meet secretly at a church and get married.  We did not specify what church.  So, I went to a christian church, and he went to a buddhist temple to meet me.  Needless to say we didn't go through with it, because I realized what I was doing.  When he found out I did not want to marry him, he tried so hard to convince me to marry him.  He was never mean or nasty, just pleading with me seemingly as a gentleman, even though he knew I was already married.  

When I woke up, I was bothered.  This is not the first time I have had a dream like this.  There is no one else in my life besides my husband, whom I dearly love.  It just did not make any sense to me because I have absolutely no desire to marry, or fall in love with, or even meet any one else.  I laid in my bed staring at my hubby, thinking and feeling sad that I would dream something like that.  But suddenly, as clear as day I saw exactly in my mind what exactly the dream meant.  

I'm already married, and if I fall in love with someone good, who is only the kindest of gentlemen-if we plan to get married and do everything by the book-saving ourselves for the wedding night etc., does it make any difference??  No.  I would be a harlot anyways.  

The wheels were turning in my head.  The Bible talks alot about being a harlot.  Is it the so called church and church systems in the world that is the harlot?  If you think about it, the church systems sound so good and nice, and you are a good person if you attend and do everything by the book and behave right, but you're still a harlot because your first love should be Christ.

I used to struggle so much with the thought that my church was wrong.  The people are wonderful, and everyone is loving and kind for the most part.  We have been "blessed"  materially, and the church is "growing".  So it held me back from believing that my church could be so wrong.  But it makes so much sense now.  

I remember in my dream thinking, "Wow, he doesn't even want to touch me until we are married, he has good integrity."   But he still tried to woo me from my husband.  Is that what the christian community is doing?  Wooing people away from Christ-the real Christ?  

Maybe you all can point me to some scriptures on this matter.  Thanks. ;)

Beth    

Your dream has nothing to do with meeting any man of the flesh and/or marrying in the flesh...nor any 'wooing' by a church.

Matt 25:1-6

1  Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2  And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3  They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4  But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5  While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6  And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

Matt 9:14-15  Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not? And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

John 3:28-30  Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I
[John the Baptist] said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. He [Christ - bridesgroom] must increase, but I must decrease.

Rev 22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Though your husband is the head of your household, it is not sin to serve the Lord, first and foremost. By serving the Lord in all patience and humility, you honor your husband.

Don't look for any man of the flesh, just because they believe in some truths, to be your answer. Trust in the Lord and He will be faithful.  :)

Marques
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 07:36:41 PM by mharrell08 »

Robin

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 06:53:01 PM »

But he still tried to woo me from my husband.  Is that what the christian community is doing?  Wooing people away from Christ-the real Christ? 

I have come to believe that the scripture below is talking about the church. I could be wrong, but it looks that way to me.

Proverbs 5

1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom,
       listen well to my words of insight,
 2 that you may maintain discretion
       and your lips may preserve knowledge.

3 For the lips of an adulteress drip honey,
       and her speech is smoother than oil;

4 but in the end she is bitter as gall,
       sharp as a double-edged sword.

5 Her feet go down to death;
       her steps lead straight to the grave.

6 She gives no thought to the way of life;
       her paths are crooked, but she knows it not.

7 Now then, my sons, listen to me;
       do not turn aside from what I say.

8 Keep to a path far from her,
       do not go near the door of her house,

9 lest you give your best strength to others
       and your years to one who is cruel,

10 lest strangers feast on your wealth
       and your toil enrich another man's house.

11 At the end of your life you will groan,
       when your flesh and body are spent.

12 You will say, "How I hated discipline!
       How my heart spurned correction!

13 I would not obey my teachers
       or listen to my instructors.

14 I have come to the brink of utter ruin
       in the midst of the whole assembly."

15 Drink water from your own cistern,
       running water from your own well.

16 Should your springs overflow in the streets,
       your streams of water in the public squares?

17 Let them be yours alone,
       never to be shared with strangers.

18 May your fountain be blessed,
       and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.

19 A loving doe, a graceful deer—
       may her breasts satisfy you always,
       may you ever be captivated by her love.

20 Why be captivated, my son, by an adulteress?
       Why embrace the bosom of another man's wife?

21 For a man's ways are in full view of the LORD,
       and he examines all his paths.

22 The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him;
       the cords of his sin hold him fast.

23 He will die for lack of discipline,
       led astray by his own great folly.

Proverbs 6

23 For these commands are a lamp,
       this teaching is a light,
       and the corrections of discipline
       are the way to life,

24 keeping you from the immoral woman,
       from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife.

25 Do not lust in your heart after her beauty
       or let her captivate you with her eyes,

26 for the prostitute reduces you to a loaf of bread,
       and the adulteress preys upon your very life.

27 Can a man scoop fire into his lap
       without his clothes being burned?

28 Can a man walk on hot coals
       without his feet being scorched?

29 So is he who sleeps with another man's wife;
       no one who touches her will go unpunished.

30 Men do not despise a thief if he steals
       to satisfy his hunger when he is starving.

31 Yet if he is caught, he must pay sevenfold,
       though it costs him all the wealth of his house.

32 But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment;
       whoever does so destroys himself.

33 Blows and disgrace are his lot,
       and his shame will never be wiped away;

34 for jealousy arouses a husband's fury,
       and he will show no mercy when he takes revenge.

35 He will not accept any compensation;
       he will refuse the bribe, however great it is.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 08:37:26 PM »

Hi Beth,

I think your dream reflects the turmoil in your life, because you are struggling with the spiritual and thinking of it as the physical.  You have a physical relationship with your husband, but a spiritual relationship/marriage with Christ.  You are confusing this as being the same time.  But these are two different things and you have to understand to be married to Christ does not necassarily mean you have to leave you physical husband. 

1Co 7:13  And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him.
v. 14  For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

You are stressing out over what will happen when you tell your husband that you believe as you do.  But you should not be worried about what you only think might happen.  Take things one step at a time and trust God will work this out for you.

Mat 6:33  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
v. 34  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 01:56:41 AM »

Kat   yes this is what i perceived as i read the dream.  I believe you hit it on the nail  peggy

bambam

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 02:41:07 AM »

I think that I did a bad job explaining what I thought my dream meant.  In my dream-my husband is my first love-or Christ, and the man trying to woo me, who seemed do good and  be kind and gentlemanly, is the so-called "church" of today with it's bells and whistles.  The point I was trying to get to was that I have struggled for a long time with trusting what I have learned at Bibletruths because my church was so blessed, and good and kind and loving etc.  I couldn't understand how it could be bad.  But no matter how great a man sounds, it is never okay for him to take a woman away from her first husband-this is in the physical realm.  In the spiritual realm-no matter how good a religious organization sounds it is never okay to take a person away from Christ.  Does this make sense.  I think that mg wrote some scriptures from proverbs about the adulterous woman that help. 

Kat and others, I AM struggling in my heart with all this.  I am very anxious, but I am trying not to worry about it.  It will happen when it happens.  I could walk away from my church tomorrow if it were not for my dear husband, but I am just waiting this out.  Thank you for your encouragement everyone!  It does seem like I have knots in my heart, and in my stomache-sometimes I think, "What is wrong with me??"  Well, I am so glad to be here at least! 

Love to you all.
Beth 

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 09:54:57 AM »

But no matter how great a man sounds, it is never okay for him to take a woman away from her first husband-this is in the physical realm.  In the spiritual realm-no matter how good a religious organization sounds it is never okay to take a person away from Christ.  Does this make sense.  I think that mg wrote some scriptures from proverbs about the adulterous woman that help.

Hello Beth,

I don't want to come across as a 'dream interpreter' or whatever, but I discussed this with Kat offline before either of us posted and will try to explain.

First of all, this has nothing to do with anything physical or the flesh but with the spirit...you keep mixing the two in your comments, that is confusion.

1 Cor 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace...

Second, this is not 'the church' wooing you from your husband, seeing that your husband already is in DEEP with the church.

God likens being reconciled unto Him to marriage...not in any physical sense, but in spirit...being One. The gentleman in your dream wants to be 'one' with you as God wants to. Like I stated before, it is NOT a sin to worship the Lord before your husband. You actually HONOR your husband by worshipping the Lord in spirit and truth.

Your dream has many symbols...(1) you going to a 'Christian church' shows that you are looking for this 'gentleman' in the wrong place as that is Satan's throne, not the Lord's...he only walks in the midst [http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html], (2) the gentleman went to the Buddist temple, NOT because he practices Buddha, but as a symbol that he looks for you in paganism, aka THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH. He looked for you there because that is where you dwell, in your heart. You going to the 'Christian church' shows that you still look to your hope in the wrong place...the gentlemen went to where you actually have hope in...in symbolism.

Basically, the dream had nothing to do with NOT serving the Lord, but in fact, the Lord showing you that you are to worship Him and be one with Him even in conflict of your husband's views.

Matt 10:34-36  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Mark 10:29-31  And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

Luke 14:26-27  If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

You can serve the Lord and have Him first in your life AND still be a loving and caring wife...these 2 things are not to be exclusive in your present circumstances.

This is something that myself and many other members have been and still are dealing with...put your trust in Him, He will show you how to walk and bear your cross in spite of an unbelieving spouse. It's not going to be overnight, but the Lord works in increments...on His time, which is perfect.

Hope this helps,

Marques

bambam

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 06:51:32 PM »

Marques,

Thank you-I think I understand what you are saying.  I did not get the same idea as you did from my dream.  I thought the other man in my dream WAS the symbolism of religious practices of the day.  They sound nice and act nice-but they only pull you away from Christ who wants to be one with you.  I have a completely different take on it than you do-but what you say does make alot of sense.  Either way I understand and realize that A) My church is just part of Babylon like every other religious organization, and B)  Christ wants me to be one with Him.  My husband really has nothing to do with all of it.  It has to do with me coming out of  "Her", Babylon, and being Christ's.  Which is what I desire wholeheartedly.  So what's stopping me-probably fear.  I am afraid of what I will lose but daily realizing that it doesn't matter.  None of the stuff that we do at my church matters a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.  I still have trouble believing that even now as I type it.  Nothing my church does is helping anyone spiritually speaking.  It's really not the stuff we do that I am worried about losing, but the people I have come to love-including some of my best friends and family members.  Anyways, I have a long way to go.  Thanks for bearing with me.

trying to Get it right! ;)
Beth       

mharrell08

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 07:01:43 PM »

Marques,

Thank you-I think I understand what you are saying.  I did not get the same idea as you did from my dream.  I thought the other man in my dream WAS the symbolism of religious practices of the day.  They sound nice and act nice-but they only pull you away from Christ who wants to be one with you.  I have a completely different take on it than you do-but what you say does make alot of sense.  Either way I understand and realize that A) My church is just part of Babylon like every other religious organization, and B)  Christ wants me to be one with Him.  My husband really has nothing to do with all of it.  It has to do with me coming out of  "Her", Babylon, and being Christ's.  Which is what I desire wholeheartedly.  So what's stopping me-probably fear.  I am afraid of what I will lose but daily realizing that it doesn't matter.  None of the stuff that we do at my church matters a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.  I still have trouble believing that even now as I type it.  Nothing my church does is helping anyone spiritually speaking.  It's really not the stuff we do that I am worried about losing, but the people I have come to love-including some of my best friends and family members.  Anyways, I have a long way to go.  Thanks for bearing with me.

trying to Get it right! ;)
Beth       

All glory to God Beth...we all have a long way to go.  :)

Thanks,

Marques

crystal

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 04:12:32 PM »

Hi Beth

I have been thinking a lot about your dream and praying. I just wanted to tell you I see what you see.
I thought at one time I had been called out of the worlds darkness by being in the church, Gods church.
Which for many is part of the process. But at the time I had not been given ears to hear or eyes to see. I've since come
to realize, as you, it is not only the world of this present darkness the Lord calls us out of, but to grow and
continue growing in Him we must also come out of her, babylon, and return to our first love as we have learned at bibletruths.com.
I have been thinking a lot lately and studying the scriptures about the voice of the bridegroom, the voice of the good shepard and the voice of God. 

I hope I can say this right and from my own experience. When God started opening my understanding to the truth of the scriptures it was a process. There are many different stages I went through and am still going through. I believe God speaks to our hearts in many and various ways. In my experience: people, poetry,dreams,trials,websites. All these have been apart of my process so far in the Lord calling me out and giving me eyes that see and ears that hear. I can look back now and see these different ways the Lord was preparing me to receive to truth and I look forward to His continued work in my life. He surely is the Author and Finisher of my faith in Him and surely He will finish the good work He has begun in me and in us all!

I know you are in a hard place right now. I feel for you and with you, for I have had my share of hard places. I want to encourage you along with the others be strong in the Lord take courage. The Lord has you in the palm of His loving hands. He is our refuge and our dwelling place. He will finish the work He has begun in you.

Growing in His Grace, your sister in Christ
Crystal   

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.