bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help locating a Scripture  (Read 8483 times)

daywalker

Help locating a Scripture
« on: June 18, 2009, 04:44:46 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Ray says in his LOF Series that "David said that he preferred the judgment of God over that of men". I've been trying to locate the verse where David says this. Anyone know which verse? Thanks in advance!

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

- Daywalker.

Kat

Re: Help locating a Scripture
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 06:00:29 PM »

Hi Daywalker,

I found the place where Ray says that, I'll just bring it here.

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html -------------------------------

And they call it "FAIR"! And they call it "JUSTICE"! I heard them with my own ears. John Hagee said on international television that, hell is "JUSTICE"! And I heard James Kennedy say on international television, that hell is "FAIR"! NO, ETERNAL TORTURE IS NOT JUSTICE AND NO, IT IS NOT FAIR. It is insane rank demonism—it is The DEPTHS of Satan!! IT IS INORDINATELY EVIL: IT IS THE ULTIMATE SIN: IT IS THE BLASPHEMY OF ALL BLASPHEMIES! It is a doctrine that demeans and debases the very character of God Almighty below that of the vilest humans who have ever lived.

And I would also add that it is one thing to reluctantly accept this doctrine because one has been deceived into believing that it is in the Bible, but it is quite another to meditate on this theme and come to embrace in into one’s heart, mind, and soul, as something that is "JUSTICE AND FAIR!" David said that he preferred the judgment of God over that of men. But if eternal torment is a true doctrine, a person would be a fool to prefer the judgment of God over that of men!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now exactly which verse Ray was referring to?  Not sure, but it could be one of these.

Psa 35:23  Stir up Thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord.
v. 24  Judge me, O LORD my God, according to Thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.

Psa 43:1  Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

myms

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 06:08:16 PM »

Or this...... And David said, I am, in a great strait: let us fall now into the hands of the Lord; for His mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man. — 2 Samuel 14.14

myms

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 06:12:45 PM »

oops! That should read 2 Sam 24:14! Sorry! Myms

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »

That's got to be it, myms.  What a wonderful statement! 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 06:42:31 PM »

oops! That should read 2 Sam 24:14! Sorry! Myms

Wow, thanks Myms and Kat. Those are all great Scriptures!  8) :D ;)

Daywalker.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 07:01:01 PM »

Great stuff Kat & Myms!

David really gets on a roll in Psalms 119 in writing about the judgments, mercy and wisdom of God versus the foolish wickedness of men.  ;)

Peace,

Joe

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 10:01:27 PM »

i agree with all who posted the Scriptures from david. joe, i will have to read psalms 119 to delve deeper into david's thoughts. i don't have e-sword yet on my mac but will definitely need to get that done.

claudia

p.s.  going off subject now, but i just wanted to say joe that i am finding it fun to see what new avatar pic you will bring up from day to day. it keeps things interesting.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 11:02:38 PM »

LOL! ;D

Thanks Claudia, I amuse myself by being a bit strange at times.....

Peace,

Joe

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 08:34:47 PM »

It is also extremely edifying to see you posting a lot more Joe!!
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »

Hi Antaiwan,

Thanks for the kind words Brother!

I must return the sentiment as you were kind of quiet since your move, great to see you back.

Must be time for a new avatar....  8)

Peace,

Joe

ez2u

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 01:06:20 AM »

Day  when David number his people  David choose the Judgement of God over people

here it is
Ch 21:1  And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
1Ch 21:2  And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.
1Ch 21:3  And Joab answered, The LORD make his people an hundred times so many more as they be: but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord's servants? why then doth my lord require this thing? why will he be a cause of trespass to Israel?
1Ch 21:4  Nevertheless the king's word prevailed against Joab. Wherefore Joab departed, and went throughout all Israel, and came to Jerusalem.
1Ch 21:5  And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred threescore and ten thousand men that drew sword.
1Ch 21:6  But Levi and Benjamin counted he not among them: for the king's word was abominable to Joab.
1Ch 21:7  And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel.
1Ch 21:8  And David said unto God, I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.
1Ch 21:9  And the LORD spake unto Gad, David's seer, saying,
1Ch 21:10  Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.
1Ch 21:11  So Gad came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee
1Ch 21:12  Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the LORD, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.
1Ch 21:13  And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man.
peggy

cjwood

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 01:51:00 AM »

hi joe,
but i kinda liked the popeye avatar. ya know, "strong to the finish cause he eats his spinach". like we can be, "strong to the finish cause we eat our spiritual spinach."  8)

claudia

i agree with joe, antaiwan. good to see you posting more again.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 07:49:41 PM »

hi joe,
but i kinda liked the popeye avatar. ya know, "strong to the finish cause he eats his spinach". like we can be, "strong to the finish cause we eat our spiritual spinach."  8)

Hey Claudia,

Popeye fit what I was trying to accomplish on Friday at work, due to a couple of my staff out sick a few days this week, we had to climb out of a pit and push the pedal to the metal yesterday. Now that the weekend has arrived I can go back to a more serene picture/avatar of my beloved Hillsborough river as viewed from the backyard...

Peace,

Joe

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.