bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Veggies starting to come in  (Read 6836 times)

Kat

Veggies starting to come in
« on: June 19, 2009, 04:44:47 PM »

Well I thought I would share what is going on in the garden.  We are having a dry spell here right now and I've been watering, but hopefully we'll get rain the first of next week.  I've been getting a few things out of the garden, but it is really just starting to produce well.  I have to go out first thing in the morning to do any work out there, because the heat is already going into the high 90's.  But I can enjoy the fruit of my labor, fresh veggies and fruit and no worry of pesticides.

Here are a few pics

Would love to hear how others gardens are doing.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marky Mark

Re: Veggies starting to come in
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 06:05:27 PM »

Kat, all I can say is N-I-C-E ;D. Eat well.

Peace...Mark

meee

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 07:53:03 PM »

Hey Kat,  I have a small veggie garden with snap peas, pole beans, tomatoes, bush zucchini, and bush cucumbers.  The tomatoes have blossoms and the beans are climbing.  We've been hit by allot of rain lately, so haven't had to water for awhile.  I also love flowers and climbing roses, clematis, trumpet vine, shrub roses, Campian rose, and some other wild flowers, as well as a perennial flower bed. Bleeding hearts, both white and pink. If I can figure how to put pic's here as you did, I'll post as I can. right now the climbing roses are so pretty and the smoke tree is in bloom.
         Your's is looking good.
                 meee

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 07:55:09 PM »

Very nice and colorful garden.
 I see you already have okra. Mine had a late start but I'm getting potatoes and corn, squash, onions, peppers galore. I have lots of tomatoes but still just a little green. I just picked a quarter bushel of green beans. I'm looking forward to my purple hull peas. Love em.
 We had a late frost here that set me back just a little, and my seed source was a local feed store of which I wont use anymore.

Roy
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 08:42:34 PM by Roy Martin »

firefly77

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 11:12:34 PM »

Hi Kat,
Yep, your garden looks beautiful and you have already a good looking harvest. Here in Spokane, WA, everything is just a tad bit later. We had a very long winter and a fairly short spring. I was just able to get my garden started about 4 weeks ago. I planted zucchini, tomatoes, bush beans, spinach, swiss chard, potatoes, radishes (harvested 8 nice looking ones today :)), onions, cucumbers, corn, red beets, peas, several types of lettuce, cabbage and cauliflower. Everything is starting to look quite nice; only time will tell if all this work pays off.
Haven't had a garden for years, but am thoroughly enjoying this one. I also started baking bread again (sourdough); YUM!!!!

meee

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 01:49:10 AM »

Angie, wow, I lived in Spokane many years. I worked at Holy Family hospital.
       meee

Kat

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 01:17:09 PM »

Hi Meee,

I love flowers, yours sound so nice, those are zinnias in my pics.  We've been having a dry spell, no rain for about 3 weeks now.  Maybe next week we'll get some.  I hope I can help you get a picture up so I can see those climbing roses and your smoke tree. 

I go through http://imageshack.us/ or http://photobucket.com/register/?link=topmenu to get the URL code to post these pics. Here is the code for my first pic,
[IMG]http://i232.photobucket./albums/z176/Kathyliveshere/IMG_0155-1.jpg[/img 
I remove the last bracket so you could see the code and not the pic.  Just copy and paste the code where you want it the appear in your message and the pic will come up when you post it.

Make sure the size is right, 320 x 240 works for me.

Hi Roy,
Yea I thinking you will have a bumper crop from the pics I saw of your garden before.  I am getting string beans and the some of the corn is almost ready to pick.  The red bowl in the pic is blueberries, I have three bushes producing lots right now.  The squash in the pic was from my niece's garden, I have a few plants myself that aren't producing yet.  I have about 5 baby watermelons and a honey dew melon.  I also planted cantelope, but can't find one yet, but expect some because the vines are growing like crazy.

Hi Angie,
You have a good variety of veggies there and yea I know I've got a head start living in the deep south.  But it is really getting hot here already too.  My herbs are doing really well, I love using them.  I find it very rewarding to use what I've grown.  I want to start baking bread, but haven't jumped into that yet.

Great to hear from my fellow gardeners  :D

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 04:45:49 PM »

I was not able to plant a garden this year cause we had to move. I have enough space, tons of space but not enough time. I bought shares in a local organic garden. It is called a CSA and it makes a lot of sense for those who cant garden. For a fee you get veggies. We get a dozen eggs (farm fresh free range) and a box of veggies for twenty weeks. We share the risks and the bounty with the farmer. I will have my garden back in overtime next year.

Nice garden Kat ;D

judith collier

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 02:01:28 AM »

Gardens! Yeah, me too. What beautiful pictures of God's bounty. And firefly, gonna hop right over and get some of that bread, gosh do I love sourdough. My husband's and brother-in-law's garden is finally in bloom. We have not had good weather here in Indiana, cold or rainy but wow, today we were in the 80's. My flowers are finally looking like they will live. I never grew anything till 6 years ago and somehow I seem to have a talent for it. Still amazes me! My husband says,"what the heck are you doing so long with those plants" Well, in the house I dust the leaves with my hands and sort of pet them, I treat them like a baby, always fussing over them, bringing them in and out of the cold and OK, here it goes, I DO TALK TO THEM. I don't believe I just said that. Judy

Kat

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 12:14:41 AM »

Hi Roy,

That CSA sounds like a really good idea for those unable to have their own garden.  But I do think there are numerous benefits to the process, so I know you will be glad to get back to it.

Hi Judy,

I hear how some of you are still wet and cool, your weather sounds nice to me right now, because we are having a hot dry spell.  Anyway I've heard that talking to plants does help them, maybe it's the positive energy they get that's helpful.  I have fussed over my house plants bringing them in and out when it's cold too.  And now moving them to the shade when they are getting too much sun.  Funny how we seem to have opposite problems, for sure a lot depends on where you live.  I guess they do seem sort of like pets  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

meee

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 11:47:24 AM »

Hi Kat and everyone, If the link lets you see  then I won't have to put them in photobucket. 
         Here in Minnesota we are way behind ,in the veggies being anywhere near ready. Started off so cool didn't know when it would warm up, but it's hot and humid now and plenty of rain. We'll get a crop yet.
          I'll wait to see if ya'll can see the flowers or not.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=37046&id=1761500054#/album.php?aid=3005&id=1761500054

meee

Samson

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 01:01:58 PM »

Kat,

The garden is thriving and growing like crazy. Do you need some rain ? You may have some of mine.
We planted our garden earlier than usual, approx 2-3 weeks earlier and survived threats of frost. We have little peppers and little Tomatoes already. The Brocoli plants are 3-4 feet high, never tried Brocoli before,
according to what I was told, the brocoli flowers will renew themselves, after each flower is harvested.
We will keep you posted, I have to go out there, today, we are finally getting some much needed Sun.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »

we got much needed rain here in Va. Sunday just what my little garden needed i went down this morning and got my first tomatos also my green beans are loaded i will pick them this  afternoon when the sun go's down,got one green pepper so far, we had to much rain early and it seems to have hurt my tomatos but i'm still happy with what i'm getting so far,
Rasberries are coming in now, i picked some that grows wild next to my garden maybe a quart(just to snack on) there will be tons of them soon i'll make my jelly and jam again this year and i'll need to make a little more this year as i'm on my last jar from last year,anyway glad to hear everybodys garden is do good,enjoy.

Terry
Terry

ez2u

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »

here in southwest Florida its too hot to plant although we have two planting seasons  fall and winter our crops burn up at this time.  Its just too hot.  You can sit on your back porch and watch the grass grow, no kidding.  We mow twice a week, sometimes, some don't, mosquitoes get bad then  eek!  peggy

meee

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 11:16:27 AM »

My pitiful little postage stamp veggie garden so far has produced one meal of snap peas and one yellow summer squash.       Compared to ya'll pretty pitiful,but still I love it. Always have even as a kid loved gardening.  There are lots of tomatoes on the plants, so hope is there for the future. Oh, I've picked rhubarb twice from a plant our daughter gave us last year, so that isn't too bad.
Wow to live where the growing season is longer, like some of you would be nice.
Terry , you have an abundance of wild berries, wow aren't you blessed!? And quite the cook too!
meee
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.