bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Friends  (Read 9812 times)

Marky Mark

My Friends
« on: June 20, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »

Hello everybody.I thought that I should post these verses for no other reason than a desire in my heart to do so. They speak deeply.Thank you Jesus.

John15
14 You are My friends, if you should be doing whatever I am directing you.
15 "No longer am I terming you slaves, for the slave is not aware what his lord is doing. Yet I have declared you friends, for all that I hear from My Father I make known to you.
16 Not you choose Me, but I choose you, and I appoint you, that you may be going away and be bringing forth much fruit, and your fruit may be remaining, that anything whichsoever you should be requesting the Father in My name, He will be giving it to you.

Peace...Mark

hillsbororiver

Re: My Friends
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 07:43:34 PM »

Hi Mark,

These are beautiful Words to meditate on, I have a strong feeling that these very same Words will be spoken to the overcomers as they (hopefully we) are entering the Millennial Kingdom.

Peace,

Joe

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »

Me three Mark,

Those are Powerful Scriptures to rest in.

george :).

gmik

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »

Pretty plain isn't it.....I choose you....!!!  We didn't choose Him

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 10:59:12 PM »

I tear up just thinking about Christ calling me his friend. :'(

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

G. Driggs

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 01:22:43 AM »

Truly humbling Words from our Lord, our Saviour, Brother and best Friend, Jesus.

Peace & Love, G.Driggs

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 03:06:39 AM »

joe

These are beautiful Words to meditate on, I have a strong feeling that these very same Words will be spoken to the overcomers as they (hopefully we) are entering the Millennial Kingdom.

Peace,

Joe

Milennial kingdom?  what more imformation do you have that I might be able to study about this?  Isn't everyone going to enter into the millennial kingdom?  or just the Saved and the others later as they come in.  I knew more information?   peggy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 03:12:31 AM »

yes antaiwan,
i get emotional too when i think about Jesus calling me His friend, especially when i feel like i have let Him down so many times in my life yet He STILL calls me friend. but of course the first Scripture mark used states, "you are My friend, IF you should be doing whatever I am directing you. so we must continue to strive towards that mark, towards the directions He has given us and not dwell on our shortcomings, because even our shortcomings are part of taking up our cross daily. being His friend is an honor just as serving Him in our personal lives by our struggles is an honor. what a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs He bears, what a privilege in knowing, we can take everything to our Lord in prayer!!!!

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 10:22:21 AM »

the slave is not aware what his lord is doing.

Thanks to the Spirit and Mind and Plan of Christ that has for us, exposed of the myth of free will. To us the error in believing there is such a thing as uncaused choices that feed false beliefs, that strengthen bondage to lies harnessing vanity and the pride of life that blinds many to think and believe and die for self determination!

We are blessed by the touch of Christ setting us free through His Word revealed to us. Glory to Him and thanks to Him for the privilege of having eyes healed to see and ears opened to hear Him as all shall indeed experience in His appointed time, Plan and Will.

Arc

E. Woods

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 12:18:14 PM »

Hello everybody.I thought that I should post these verses for no other reason than a desire in my heart to do so. They speak deeply.Thank you Jesus.

John15
15 "No longer am I terming you slaves, for the slave is not aware what his lord is doing. Yet I have declared you friends, for all that I hear from My Father I make known to you.
16 Not you choose Me, but I choose you, and I appoint you, that you may be going away and be bringing forth much fruit, and your fruit may be remaining, that anything whichsoever you should be requesting the Father in My name, He will be giving it to you.

Peace...Mark

Nice verses, my red letter bible tells me Jesus is talking.
               Who is He talking too?      Thanks EJW

Marky Mark

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »

joe

Peace,

Joe

Milennial kingdom?  what more imformation do you have that I might be able to study about this?  Isn't everyone going to enter into the millennial kingdom?  or just the Saved and the others later as they come in.  I knew more information?   peggy

Peggy, Emails to Ray,hope it helps.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1529.0.html

Dear Laura:
The "Kingdom of God" is the kingdom that will rule the nations under the Kingship of Jesus Christ, composed of lesser kings, lords, priests, and judges.  These kings, lords, priests, and judges, are composed of the ranks of God's Chosen Elect Saints.

Only those worthy of the First resurrection from the death will ever rule with Christ in the Kingdom of God. Those who are judged, purified and saved in the Great White Throne Judgment will be in God's family, but they will never be rulers with Christ.

And don't ask any more detailed questions on this, because it would take hours to answer you, and I just don't have the time. Much of this material is already covered in my Lake of Fire series. Hope you understand.
God be with you,
Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10063.msg85615.html#msg85615

Dear Robert:  Entering into the Kingdom of God has absolutely, totally, nothing whatsoever to do with whether all

humanity will ultimately be "saved" or not.

Only the chosen elect few will enter into the Kingdom of God which is a special "eonian--age abiding" reward for

those called and chosen in this church age. Those resurrected to judgment who do not enter the Kingdom will, nonetheless,

receive salvation through their judgment period. That is the whole purpose FOR the Kingdom of God being establish

on this earth after Christ's return--TO SAVE THE WORLD:  "When [not now, not in this age, but 'WHEN'] Thy judgments

are in the earth the inhabitants OF THE WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9).  Yes they will, and I don't

care how many hundreds of thousands of minister lie to their congregations trying to tell them that most of the world will

never learn righteousness, and most of the world will be tortured in some fiery hellhole of terrorism for all eternity.

God be with you,

Ray

PS   I don't "ignore" any Scriptures, Robert

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:37:20 AM by Kat »

Peace...Mark

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 01:08:05 PM by Marky Mark »

bunnylife

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »

John15

Peace...Mark

That Jesus Christ our creator knowing that the creature would crucify Him, yet still calls us friend. He is our Savior, He is our Mediator between God and Man, He is the visible image of God  and yet He calls us friend. Wow! What amazing love. Even when being crucified, He ask His Father to forgive all of us because He knew the Father always answers His prayers.

I did see the conditional part of the word (our part), "if" - if you should be doing whatever I am directing you. God does to do and to will in our lives but we choose to follow our flesh (death) or the spirit (Life) because He first chose us. Awesome that Christ Jesus makes it possible to be His friend.  :'(

In His Joy,
Bunni  :)

Marky Mark

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 01:01:08 PM »

Who is He talking too?      Thanks EJW

Hello EJW, I think Joe already answered that question here;

Hi Mark,

Peace,

Joe

Peace...Mark

Astrapho

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 03:47:47 PM »

Wow. Such an important statement, and I actually skimmed over it! What a comforting verse. Bunni said it all. :D

E. Woods

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 10:53:23 AM »

Who is He talking too?      Thanks EJW

Hello EJW, I think Joe already answered that question here;

Hi Mark,

Peace,

Joe

Hello Mark.

Sorry but Joe did not answer my question.
Just because he has (strong feeling ) about something to happen in the future,
does not tell me who Jesus was talking to.     Try again,  Thanks  EJW

Peace...Mark

Kat

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »

Hi EJW,
               Who is He talking too?   

If you go back to John 13 you will see that Jesus is at Passover with His Disciples.  All the way through chapter 16 Jesus is speaking to His Disciples, you can see Him addressing one or all of them over and over again through these chapters.  Hope that is what you were looking for.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marky Mark

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »

Hello Mark.

Hello EJW.

There will be many called but few chosen,the few chosen are called the elect.Gods plan is to have the few elect reign with Him in the future[The Kingdom of God]. But Jesus has been calling out His elect since Pentecost,down through the ages.

Jesus is talking to His chosen elect. Hope this helps.

John15

John6
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. 65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Peace...Mark

E. Woods

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 01:20:37 PM »

Hi EJW,
               Who is He talking too?   

If you go back to John 13 you will see that Jesus is at Passover with His Disciples.  All the way through chapter 16 Jesus is speaking to His Disciples, you can see Him addressing one or all of them over and over again through these chapters.  Hope that is what you were looking for.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat.
   Yes! Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for, ( Jesus was talking to
His disciples. ) I wonder how many people know when Jesus is talking to the people
of that age, or just His disciples.
   Thanks again Kat.       Earl

E. Woods

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 01:37:44 PM »

Hello Mark.

Hello EJW.

There will be many called but few chosen,the few chosen are called the elect.Gods plan is to have the few elect reign with Him in the future[The Kingdom of God]. But Jesus has been calling out His elect since Pentecost,down through the ages.

Jesus is talking to His chosen elect. Hope this helps. 

Hello Mark.
   Yes that helps, and I agree with you 100%.  BUT, I can't see how some people think
just because Jesus called His disciples Friends, They think He is talking to them.
I know all about the elect, and the Kingdom of God.
   Jesus said, "Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house,"  accroding to the way
some people believe, we would have to take up our bed and go home.

Peace,      EJW

John15

John6
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. 65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Peace...Mark

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.