bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concordant Literal Version & Rotherham's Bible in e-Sword V. 9?  (Read 15356 times)

Brett

Hello,

I though about put new topic post instead of reply from old topic post of Concordant Literal Version over one year old.

I think that Concordant Literal Version & Rotherham's Bible are no longer in e-Sword version 9. Because I have clv.bbl and rotherham.bbl in e-sword file from Program file (x86). The new version 9 not show on CLV and Rotherham even though those are in e-sword file from program file like others for example kjv.bblx, etc. The e-Sword does very nice job and give most of free without charged. Yet, I'm disappoint with new version 9 for not welcome CLV and Rotherham's Bible. I did try to find system restore with date back but it was too late because they only hold the date up to 3 days past for system restore from window vista. I wished I didn't upgrade the new version. It was unexpecting. I really like CLV and Rotherham. I know they are not perfect translations but they did try to straight forword translated from Hebrew and Greek into English. They did best they could be.

I read the post from "E-sword?"  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9970.0.html   and I notice one message down below:

It did help.  Thanks, Skip.  To paraphrase Ray...read ALL the instructions.  

Now to find the CLV that works with v9.x

It is from Dave in Tenn. Does he really have CLV in new version 9? I don't know if I misunderstood the message from Dave. Did Ray instructions about how to get CLV in new version 9. Has anyone have CLV and Rotherham in new version 9? I doubt it but I will be surprise if they did.

Brett

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Craig & Kat,
Thanks for concerning. Yes, I know I haven't been in post but I do read posts a lot. I don't forget you :). Sometimes I'm too shy to write message in post.I had major surgery my tibia torsion last year and it is much better now like normal. I am fine. Hope you & Moderators are fine too. I know Ray is sick but hope he is fine as well.

Thanks Kat, for your help from you found thread short time ago. Still not work for new version 9.

Brett
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:10:50 AM by Brett »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Concordant Literal Version & Rotherham's Bible in e-Sword V. 9?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 02:20:50 AM »

No, Brett.  I haven't found it either (the CLV anyways).  I did find a link to a program which is supposed to convert v8 .bbl files into v9 .bblx files, but I haven't tested it yet.  So far, I can't even get it to recognize the CLV .bbl file I have in the Esword folder.  I'll keep trying as I have time.  I'll also try to relocate the link to the 'converter'.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 02:58:29 AM »

This link leads to a place where the converter may be downloaded.  I still have not gotten it to work. 

http://e-sword-users.org/users/node/2728
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Nelson

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 06:56:24 AM »

Hi folks,

Uninstall the version 9 and reinstall version 8, then all your old stuff will work.

I haven't a upgraded for that reason because I'd end up losing the modules I value the most. I do have a version 7 and an upgrade to version 8 if anyone is interested. They are large files (16mb & 5 mb) so be sure that your email provider will allow files this big.

PM me your email address and I'll gladly send you the files.

Grace and peace to you

Nelson

rockrdude

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 09:56:19 AM »

I have to wonder if these translations not working in the new e-sword was intentional. Either way, I am thankful someone has the older version to share with others. I am not going to update my e-sword no matter what!

Can someone please share the Rotherham's with me? I don't have that one and I would really like it a lot. :)

rockrdude

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 10:53:39 AM »

THANK YOU to the person who sent me the Rotherham's.. and it works! :D

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 02:01:26 PM »

Hi folks,

Uninstall the version 9 and reinstall version 8, then all your old stuff will work.

I haven't a upgraded for that reason because I'd end up losing the modules I value the most. I do have a version 7 and an upgrade to version 8 if anyone is interested. They are large files (16mb & 5 mb) so be sure that your email provider will allow files this big.

PM me your email address and I'll gladly send you the files.

Grace and peace to you

Nelson

I generally avoid upgrades like the plague until all the kinks are worked out.  This is a new install from e-sword.net on my mother's computer, so I don't have any 'old' stuff to make work.

So my question is:  will version 9.x files (modules) work on a v8.x version of e-sword? 

Bill

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 03:27:05 PM »

So my question is:  will version 9.x files (modules) work on a v8.x version of e-sword? 

Dave,

No 8.x modules do not work in 9.x.  8.x is based on the access database 9.x is based on SQLlite.  So 8.x module will need to be converted.

Bill

Bill

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 03:50:38 PM »

BTW I have the Concordant Literal Version for E-sword 9.x.  You can download it here.  Zipped version here.

Bill
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:08:44 PM by Bill »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 05:02:03 PM »

Thanks, Bill!  That seems to be taking. 

Brett

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 04:19:45 AM »

BTW I have the Concordant Literal Version for E-sword 9.x.  You can download it here.  Zipped version here.

Bill

Bill,

How can I take CLV into E-sword 9? Can you instruction? Also I don't see version 9.x with end of 'x' from your comment.

I checked 'about...' from e-sword, they said "E-sword 9.0.3". I don't know where version 9.x from?

Thanks Bill

Brett

G. Driggs

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 05:58:46 AM »

Hi Brett, just unzip the file Bill provided with link to your main e-Sword folder.

Unzip zip file, cut, copy and paste unzipped file to C:\Program Files\e-Sword and thats it.

That converter for 8x modules to 9x modules Dave gave a link for really works, I was gonna give it to you all but Dave beat me to it. Great find!

D.Driggs

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 08:51:51 PM »

Brett:  saying "v 9.x" is just a way of saying version 9 as opposed to whatever versions preceded 9.  Here is the download link again for the CLV for esword version 9. 

http://home.comcast.net/~bkatsma/clv.bblx 

Download that file and put it in your Esword program folder and you'll have the CLV as one of your recognized bibles.

odinpop

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 01:29:15 AM »

Here are a bunch of bible for version 9

http://www.alampthatburns.net/e-sword/eswmods.htm

English Language Bibles
Rotherham's Emphasized Version    v9 module
Concordant Literal Version    v9 module
Revised Young's Literal Translation New Testament    v9 module
Jonathan Mitchell New Testament    v9 module
Emphatic Diaglott New Testament    v9 module
Twentieth Century New Testament    v9 module
Wuest New Testament (w/ commentary and dictionary)    v9 module
J. B. Phillips New Testament    v9 module
Lamsa New Testament    v9 module
KJV with Tense, Voice, and Mood (w/ dictionary)    v9 module

Hebrew Bibles
Westminster Leningrad Codex Old Testament w/ Vowel Pts    v9 module

Greek Bibles
Combined Greek New Testament    v9 module
Interlinear Greek New Testament w/ Strongs    Not yet available
Nestle Aland 26 N.T. w/ diacritics and punctuation    v9 module
Septuagint O.T. and Wescott-Hort N.T. w/ Strongs    v9 module

Commentaries
William Barclay's Daily Study Bible Commentary    v9 module
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.