bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with this scripture  (Read 5747 times)

southland

Help with this scripture
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:15:08 AM »

I have never understood the meaning of the last part of this scripture.
Has Ray taught anything scripture? What is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Blessings

Matt

Mat 12:31  Therefore I say to you, All kinds of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men, but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven to men.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Help with this scripture
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 09:56:47 AM »

The translation is incorrect.

There shall not be anyone God will not forgive, repent, correct and make right. All will profess on bended knee that Christ is the Lord. The implication that anyone can ever be unforgiven forever, does not correspond with the teachings of the Scriptures.

Rays teachings expose the fact that forever and eternity, do not appear in the Hebrew or Greek Scriptures and they do not appear in any language before the second century.

The first ten pages of Rays critique to John Hagee, will give you the correct teachings as God says and not what man would have God mean according to their man made traditions.

Ref to http://bible-truths.com/hagee1.htm

Those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven in this age or the next. That does not mean that they shall not ever be forgiven, corrected, repented, chastised and set right.

Arc

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 10:17:17 AM »

Hi Southland,

This "blasphemy against the Spirit" is to attribute God's work to Satan.

As in;

Mar 3:22  And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

Now read the rest of Mark 3 and the response Jesus gives.  ;)

Here are a couple emails (I am sure Ray has written about this in other articles and emails too).

http://bible-truths.com/email16.htm#unpardonable

http://bible-truths.com/email14.htm#blaspheme

Peace,

Joe

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:20:41 AM by hillsbororiver »

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 10:23:03 AM »

Blessings

Matt

Mat 12:31  Therefore I say to you, All kinds of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men, but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven to men.

Here's another email to add to what Joe posted:

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2175.msg17732.html#msg17732):

Dear Jennifer:
Jennifer, I have many hundreds of emails ahead of yours, but I took the time to answer your before them all. It is not possible, however, for me to write essay type answers to hundreds and thousaands of emails. I realize that this is hard for many people to understand. Your email is about 6 pages long. If all my emails were 6 pages long, I would have to read thousands of pages each year before I could answer all my emails. Try that some time.

Don't apologize in one sentence and then put me down in the next. I did give you constructive criticism in my answer to you. I said that your theory was not Scriptural, because if it was, then Paul himself would have commited the "unpardonable sin" when he persecuted the Church of Christ in the name of God.

However, I do not wish for you to be despondent over this matter or me.

When Jesus warned of this sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, it was when He had cast out demons. The Scribes said that Jesus cast out devils by the prince of devils (Mark 3:22).  The Pharisees also accused Him of this very same thing (Matt. 9:34). And we are told that Jesus gave that stern warning, "Because they said, He [Jesus] has an unclean spirit."

But this alone is not all there is to this sin. Even in the Old Testament, when one sinned "ignorantly," he was held to a lower standard than if he sinned "willfully, knowlingly."  God's principles are always true. There was more to the sin of these Scribes and Pharisees than merely stating that Jesus had a devil and cast out devils by the prince of devil. The truth is THEY KNEW BETTER.  They knew that they were lying in order to deceive the multitudes who were beginning to believe in and trust Jesus as a Man of God. They were SINNING AGAINST LIGHT.  They were sinning aginst WHAT THEY KNEW WAS THE TRUTH.  And how do we know this?  We are frankly TOLD this in the Scriptures.

In John 3 we have a "Ruler of the Jews" by the name of Nicodemus, and this is what we are told by him:  "There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a RULER [this man KNEW what the Scribes and the Pharisees believed behind closed doors] of the Jews. The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto Him, Rabbi, WE [Scribes, Pharisees, Rulers, Jews]  KNOW  that you are a Teacher COME FROM GOD; for no man can do these miracles [such as casting out demons] that You do, except GOD BE WITH HIM"  (John 3:1-2).

It is when we KNOW the truth and blaspheme AGAINST THE TRUE LIGHT THAT WE KNOW, that we then "blaspheme against the Holy Spirit" which is the means by which light and truth is imparted.
God be with you,
Ray

Hope this helps,

Marques

southland

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 10:25:59 AM »

Thankyou Arc, I have some personal issues at the moment that make it
hard for me to sit still and concentrate for any length of time to read.

Thanks for your response it has been a big help.

Thankyou Joe I will try to read this over the next few days

Blessings to all of you

Matt

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 01:41:14 AM »

Blessings

Matt

Hi Matt,

The preceding and following verses in Mat 12: serve well to explain this particular Scripture. I used (CLV & ISV)here but any of the translations will suffice.

Mat 12: 3-32 (CLV)
30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who is not gathering with Me is scattering.
31 "Therefore I am saying to you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be pardoned men, yet the blasphemy of the spirit shall not be pardoned.
32 And whosoever may be saying a word against the Son of Mankind, it will be pardoned him, yet whoever may be saying aught against the holy spirit, it shall not be pardoned him, neither in this eon nor in that which is impending.

Mat 12: 30-32 (ISV)
30  "The person who isn't with me is against me, and the person who doesn't gather with me scatters.
31  So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
32  Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come."

Note the emphasis is on not in this (age eon) or the coming (age eon) and As Ray has shown with Scripture, there are many ages or eons past and to come.

george. :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.