bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fathers Day  (Read 4473 times)

ez2u

Fathers Day
« on: June 21, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »

I just wanted to take a moment and honor my Dad,  He died in 2006 and even though I only knew him from a distance what  i saw and by the testimonies at his funeral he was a courageous , God loving human, full of compassion for all around him.  You see he was a true genius and that showed up very early in his life.  His love for math and the science  open many doors in this country and at a very young age he was being recognized as one of the top scientist.  But he did not know God ,  his God was education, learning, especially the highest levels taught in this country.  My mom told me the story of how several professors in different departments called her in to persuade my dad to go into their field.  He was a research chemist that was also working on a perfect time through math.  That was his down time, pleasure, doing math problems that were pages long.  You get the picture.   God had a different plan for my father  a very hard plan.  He became mentally ill so bad was the system at that time in the early 50's  that he was force to endure many things in a state mental hospital ( an experimental research hospital to learn more about mental ill and how to control this devastating illness) for 11 years.  Our family went from an extremely  positive future,in the world , to one of very harsh impossible odds of any future at all, as we moved into the poorest area of town with nothing my mom 6 months pregnant with no  education, no car , no wash machine, no furniture but a legless couch, and 5 children under 12 years old.  Thats not the story I want to express here today.  My dad lost  He lost everything his wife, family, career and mind.  He went through many experimental treatments in that hospital for the mentally ill. In the ninth year of his hospitalization, (he told me this story in 1975), Jesus Christ came to him and he became a born again believer and started reading a Bible.  He never stopped reading his Bible until the day he died.  After two more years he was released and lived with my mother for the next 30 years.  She waited for him.  He served the Lord and at his funeral thats what people said as he touch so many lives with Gods love.  He loved God.  he was never cured of his mental illness, took his medication all the rest of his life.  His life was a serious struggle combating schizophrenia.  We think so differently than the Lord, maybe God graduated him to a higher calling with this most intense struggle.  Rather than being successful as a great scientist.  I don't know.  He did live a humble compassionate life.  A man who love God  and had a deeper understanding of Christ through the love he displayed to other.  He was real  he had been through the firer and came out with Jesus Christ.  So the next time you encounter a mentally ill person I hope you rethink what the world teaches us and maybe you will think about what God worked in my dad.  thanks for listening  peggy
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 07:03:26 AM by ez2u »

judith collier

Re: Fathers Day
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »

Peggy, both heart warming, sad and victorious in Christ. That's what I hated about some churches, how they would refer to a demon in a person if the person had mental or emotional problems. The brain is just part of the body and susceptible to all manner of things. I bet you got some of your dad's intelligence though. Very interesting! judy

southland

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 05:17:46 PM »

Hi Peggy

Your story reminds me of the film "A Beautiful Mind". My father suffered from a mental illness
I never really got to know him, he also had a physical disability. What I'm trying to say is, that I'm glad
you stayed in touch with him and he was able tell you his story, so you could share it here with you bothers and sisters.

God is amazing!

Matt

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 06:30:04 PM »

Beautiful, story Peggy. Goes to  show us how God works in mysterious ways. He can overcome any situation and Babylon just does not see it.
Glad, you shared that with all of us. God is a Father that knows how to take care of all his children.

In His Love,
Marlene

Phil3:10

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »

Peggy,
Thank you for sharing your father's story. My children have all communicated with me today and have honored me with praises that I do not deserve. I have, through your post, taken time to reflect back on my father in retrospect since he died in 1971. My dad had a very hard life and was in a wheelchair from the time I was in the 3rd grade until he died.
He suffered from arthritis and many other aliments but did the best he could. Both mental and physical illness can be tough but our GOD always uses everything to HIS glory. My dad had the biggest smile that I ever saw on his face the moment he died and passed from the pain and suffering of this life. I am certain that our GOD has much good waiting on my father at HIS appointed time and this can be all of our hope in the victory that is in JESUS our LORD and SAVIOR.
Praise HIS name for HE is all good.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 06:57:59 AM »

thank you all for you loving comments.  It was hard to write about my dad but something i just had to share
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.